PDA

View Full Version : Already missing Williams, Cavs lose West

Pacemaker
01-22-2010, 07:15 PM
By TOM WITHERS, AP Sports Writer 1 hour, 15 minutes ago

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio (AP)—First, Mo Williams(notes). Then, Delonte West(notes).

With the speed in which Cleveland starting point guards are dropping with injuries these days, it’s no wonder Daniel Gibson(notes) was a little skittish after practice.

“I need to stay away from those two guys,” Gibson said.

The Cavaliers’ backcourt woes worsened Friday when the team learned that West broke his left ring finger in Thursday night’s win over the Los Angeles Lakers. West’s injury to his shooting hand came in his first start since replacing Williams, who could miss up to six weeks for the Eastern Conference leaders after spraining his left shoulder in a game Tuesday against Toronto.

West will miss Saturday’s game against Oklahoma City, but the Cavs do not yet know how long he will be sidelined. Doctors need a few days for the swelling to go down before they can complete their evaluation.

West fractured his finger while scrambling after a loose ball in the fourth quarter of the Cavs’ victory—their second over the defending NBA champions in less than a month.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ao26w5L9acXceJLMAuo7EP.8vLYF?slug=ap-cavaliers-westinjury&prov=ap&type=lgns

__________________________________________________ _______________

May be this is the best time to offer them a Ford and Murphy package deal !! :dance:

CableKC
01-22-2010, 07:19 PM
May be this is the best time to offer them a Ford and Murphy package deal !! :dance:
No one is that desperate for Ford. Gibson will just step up. I just hope that this spurs them to decide on what they will do with Jamison or Murphy.

tadscout
01-22-2010, 07:25 PM
__________________________________________________ _______________

No matter how badly I want ford gone... It would be far easier to include Head in the deal and get the trade done...

OakMoses
01-22-2010, 09:40 PM
A Watson and Murphy deal might get us Z and Hickson, maybe even a first rounder.

Anthem
01-22-2010, 11:30 PM
A Watson and Murphy deal might get us Z and Hickson, maybe even a first rounder.
That sounds nice from our end, but hard to do in reality. Those two guys make just under 20mil. Basically, they can't take TJ without sending back Varejao, which they're not interested in. Plus, we don't want him... not at that contract.

A more likely combo is Murphy / Diener, which lines up well with Z/Powe/pick.

count55
01-22-2010, 11:35 PM

That sounds nice from our end, but hard to do in reality. Those two guys make just under 20mil. Basically, they can't take TJ without sending back Varejao, which they're not interested in. Plus, we don't want him... not at that contract.

A more likely combo is Murphy / Diener, which lines up well with Z/Powe/pick.

Ummm

MyFavMartin
01-22-2010, 11:37 PM
felton went down too tonight

BobbyMac
01-22-2010, 11:38 PM
Maybe a deal for Ford....as usual I think we should keep Murphy.

Anthem
01-22-2010, 11:46 PM
Ummm
:blush:

What? You expect me to READ all of those posts? But it's so hard!

So... yeah. My bad.

ksuttonjr76
01-23-2010, 12:20 AM
Someone is going to need a PG soon....

CableKC
01-23-2010, 01:01 AM
felton went down too tonight
Quick....before Brown figures out if Felton is out for long or not....offer the Bobcats Ford. They were interested in him before right?

OakMoses
01-23-2010, 09:00 AM

And they're going to want Watson, not Ford. I just hope we're smart enough to move him for a decent offer (expiring plus late first, prospect in still on rookie contract, etc.)

BlueNGold
01-23-2010, 10:07 AM

If Gibson breaks his leg, I think we just got Hickson. I don't want anyone to get hurt, but the Cavs will not be absolutely desperate because West will return in early March.

As for Charlotte, they have Augustin and Acie Law. I doubt Felton going down is a factor.

Brad8888
01-23-2010, 02:49 PM
In the RSS feeds above, Cleveland just signed Cedric Jackson to a ten day contract...the plot thickens?