PDA

View Full Version : What a game by Austin

UCmaroons
02-02-2004, 10:48 PM
I didn't see the game, stuck here in Chicago, but going by the stat line, that had to have been an impresssive performance. In just 19 minutes, 12 points 7-7 from the field (2-2 behind the arc), and 9 boards. Sure, the Lakers were soft up front, but wow. Too bad we don't have enough minutes to go around.

abington
02-02-2004, 11:47 PM
I didn't see the game, stuck here in Chicago, but going by the stat line, that had to have been an impresssive performance. In just 19 minutes, 12 points 7-7 from the field (2-2 behind the arc), and 9 boards. Sure, the Lakers were soft up front, but wow. Too bad we don't have enough minutes to go around.

As long as youre stuck in hyde park, should probably go the medici and get a mocha shake and then go the point and smoke a splif.

ABADays
02-02-2004, 11:56 PM
Yes . . . it was certainly something to Cro about!

Suaveness
02-02-2004, 11:57 PM
Austin was superb, which just reinforces the point he needs more playing time.

Suaveness
02-03-2004, 12:45 AM
Artest plays too many minutes. Jo honestly can play 1 or 2 less. Whatever I said in that other thread can apply here too. We can manage 10-15 min for him.

Peck
02-03-2004, 04:33 AM

Over who? Jermaine? Nope. Harrington? Nope. Foster? Croshere can't play center, despite what some believe. Cro isn't a bad player. He's just on the wrong team.

He can't play center? Because you say so right.

I hate to break the bad news to you. Against the Lakers Austin played center. When he finished out the fourth quarter with Artest & Harrington he played center.

He played center vs. Grant & he played center vs. Medvedenko. Guess what, he succeded vs. both.

Last nights game was exactly what I was taling about in U.B.'s post. I said that Foster would get more boards but not that many (11 to 9 is not much) but he outscored Foster by 12 points & forced the Lakers to guard him & when they didn't he made them pay.

His defense on Medvedenko was better than what Foster was putting on him. They both defended Grant well.

Shaq of course is a differant story, but then again it wouldn't matter who we threw at him.

In 10 less min. Austin grabbed almost as many rebounds & outscored Foster.

Why again can Austin not play center but Jeff can?

Peck
02-03-2004, 09:31 AM

Over who? Jermaine? Nope. Harrington? Nope. Foster? Croshere can't play center, despite what some believe. Cro isn't a bad player. He's just on the wrong team.

Yes. THAT is my entire justification. Let's make this confrontational before we even get started. :laugh:

No, it's because of the facts. You can put him at the position, but he can't defend it at all. Playing center last night is a joke, since the closest thing the Lakers had to one is 670 year old Horace Grant.

Sorry friend, but I don't agree with your facts.

What facts are you using btw. Is it the rebounding? Is it the shot blocking? What?

BTW, the 670 year old Grant allowed Foster only 2 more rebounds in 10 more min. than Croshere.

I would talke about Jeff's lack of scoring but how the hell is he supposed to score when Artest is doing his Allen Iverson impression.

Unclebuck
02-03-2004, 09:34 AM
Peck, how would you like to see the minutes distributed.

Peck
02-03-2004, 09:44 AM

Yes. THAT is my entire justification. Let's make this confrontational before we even get started. :laugh:

No, it's because of the facts. You can put him at the position, but he can't defend it at all. Playing center last night is a joke, since the closest thing the Lakers had to one is 670 year old Horace Grant.

Sorry friend, but I don't agree with your facts.

What facts are you using btw. Is it the rebounding? Is it the shot blocking? What?

BTW, the 670 year old Grant allowed Foster only 2 more rebounds in 10 more min. than Croshere.

I would talke about Jeff's lack of scoring but how the hell is he supposed to score when Artest is doing his Allen Iverson impression.

I can't argue with those rebounding numbers. Nope, that's all that matters when it comes to playing center.

:usa:

Your right, the rebounding is not the only thing that matters. Now let's talk about their scoring. :arrgh:

Peck
02-03-2004, 09:47 AM
Peck, how would you like to see the minutes distributed.

To save your sanity I'll not mention that some of the min. could come from Artest not playing 38 mpg.

So I'll just make it simple for you.

Reverse Croshere & Foster. Hey, you asked & yes I'm aware that Carlise & Thomas both agree with you.

But that's just my opinion.

Peck
02-03-2004, 09:49 AM
Nope, it's my 21st birthday, and I'm leaving and never coming back.

:alcohol: :cheers: :champagne: :buddies: :hug:

& of course how could it not be your birthday withour me offering you the following.. :dance: :dance: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Ragnar
02-03-2004, 09:51 AM
If it is his 21st birthday he needs 21 :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

sixthman
02-03-2004, 09:58 AM
As long as youre stuck in hyde park, should probably go the medici and get a mocha shake and then go the point and smoke a splif.

Sounds like UCmaroon's post triggered pleasant memories. ;)

UCmaroons
02-03-2004, 02:10 PM
If only the Med wasn't on the other side of campus, and it wasn't so darn cold, pretty sure that mocha shake wouldn't be so bad. As is, I'll just sleep all day until spring, and hope that I don't fail out of school.

rushmore
02-03-2004, 02:23 PM
I would give my left arm to have lunch in Hyde Park at Noodles Etc, one of the best Thai food places I've ever been...and it's cheap!
Padd Thai and Thai Iced Coffee... :rockon:

UCmaroons
02-03-2004, 02:41 PM
Noodles is indeed a great place, but have you heard of Windy's Deli at 53rd and Ellis? It's a bit closer to my neck of the ghetto, and it single handedly turned me into a pastrami and swiss addict.

rushmore
02-03-2004, 05:07 PM
I've never heard of it. I also like the place across from Noodles. I think it was called Ragin Cajun. It was a mix of Barbecue and Indian Food...It was amazing.

I miss having a good deli around. There aren't that many around me...

Man, I need to go eat in Chicago...

Alabama-Redneck
02-03-2004, 11:30 PM
Does tonight's performance by Austin answer why his minutes are limited.

He played 17 minutes in a back-to-back game and zilch. As it has been stated before, Austin is inconsistent. Nice player but inconsistent.

:rolleyes: :unimpressed:

abington
02-04-2004, 12:29 AM
I would give my left arm to have lunch in Hyde Park at Noodles Etc, one of the best Thai food places I've ever been...and it's cheap!
Padd Thai and Thai Iced Coffee... :rockon:

noodles is awsome. as is The Nile on 55th street. best middle eastern food ive ever had and cheap. im from HP and growing up the food pretty much sucked, but now when i go back, there are a lot of impressive options.