View Full Version : Another trade w/ Utah

Trophy
01-20-2010, 05:15 PM
Pacers get:
C Kosta Koufos (or C Kyrylo Fesenko)
Trade Exception

Jazz get:
C Jeff Foster

Gives us another center who would probably play third string or possibly share equal time with Solo. Mainly saves us cash.
Koufos has 2 years left (1.3M). Fesenko with 1 year left (800K).

Gives Utah what they want. A backup veteran center in Jeff.

d_c
01-20-2010, 07:38 PM
With Utah's salary situation, they aren't looking to add salary for next season. So if you trade them Foster, they're going to want to send you matching salary (for next season) back the other way.

Chances are Utah will not be using their trade exception. Their ownership simply won't pay for it.

Justin Tyme
01-20-2010, 07:57 PM
You can't use a TE with a player to trade for another player. TE can only be used by themselves to trade for a player.

d_c
01-20-2010, 08:16 PM
You can't use a TE with a player to trade for another player. TE can only be used by themselves to trade for a player.

I think you actually can do that.

What you CAN'T do is combine the salary of a player with the TE and trade it in exchange for another team's player whose salary is bigger than the TE itself. That is not allowed.

So if Foster's salary is greater than Utah's TE (I don't know how big it is), there's no way he can be traded for it.

Justin Tyme
01-21-2010, 03:28 AM
I think you actually can do that.

What you CAN'T do is combine the salary of a player with the TE and trade it in exchange for another team's player whose salary is bigger than the TE itself. That is not allowed.

So if Foster's salary is greater than Utah's TE (I don't know how big it is), there's no way he can be traded for it.

I disagree. TE's can only be used by themselves. They can't be combined with other TE's or nor with another player to get a player. Remember, the Pacers had to do 2 separate deals using their 7.5 mil TE from Peja to get Harrington, Edwards, and trade the 06 pick to Atlanta.