PDA

View Full Version : POST GAME THREAD......YEAH THEY ARE BAD AND MC BOB DID NOT PLAY AGAIN

vnzla81
01-19-2010, 09:28 PM
Eight minutes for this game to end and we already know who is going to win, good game for Rush and Roy, everybody else played like crap, Dwade is a beast and Danny needs to stop shooting threes.

tadscout
01-19-2010, 09:37 PM
Ummm 5 min left, McBob is in...

vnzla81
01-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Ummm 5 min left, McBob is in...

I know, it needs to be change now:blush:

Sparhawk
01-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Yes, Granger needs to stop shooting the 3.

I need to change my pic so he won't feel inclined to keep shooting dimes.

LoneGranger33
01-19-2010, 09:48 PM
Brandon Rush (the Pacers' draft bust from 2008) led the team in scoring (on 7 of 9 shooting) and grabbed nine boards as well.

jhondog28
01-19-2010, 09:48 PM
OK thoughts from the game:

Hibbert looked good but instead of Indiana trying to slow the game down by playing inside out they wanted to go up tempo with the Miami Heat...yes the Miami FREAKIN Heat. We do not have the talent to stay with this team up tempo. The Pacers needed to slow the game down by throing to the post and letting the Heat players crash the interior which they do constantly. What really bothers me is Hibbert did not get into foul trouble so you cannot use that as an excuse. Here is the other issue. Solomon Jones is not a better player than McRoberts. He is not a better passer, shooter, and rebounder. He is a better defensive player but what good is that going to do if the team is too quick for you to handle.

This might have been the worst game I have seen Granger play ever. He could not buy a basket, but it looked like he just overall got frustrated and let his emotions get into his head. I am sure he will bounce back but he plays on emotion. When he is feeling good he can play with anyone but when he gets off to a slow start he struggles the entire game.

Murph looked good at the start but again the Pacers have to play inside out and Murph was pretty much perimeter which only left Hibbert on the interior. You cannot do that against the Heat. Just some thought I wanted to share. Now lets go get Orlando!

gummy
01-19-2010, 09:49 PM
Brandon Rush (the Pacers' draft bust from 2008) led the team in scoring (on 7 of 9 shooting) and grabbed nine boards as well.

10 rebounds, actually. Plus 2 assists and a blocked shot. Also made both of his freebies, for those on BRush free throw watch. ;)

Danny and Dun scored single digits. :cry:

Sookie
01-19-2010, 09:50 PM
wow...

Honestly, if Granger's gonna stink for a whole game, then that's probably going to happen to us. I hope he wakes up.

Murphy, blah..if he's not shooting well, he's worthless.

AJ and Watson weren't bad or good. A little out of control for AJ, in fact..I would have said he was all mentally there, but I expected that. A little sluggish for Watson. I wish AJ hadn't shown JOB he's good at the pulling up for 3 in transition..cause I know JOB smiled, and we'll most likely see that two or three times a game now. Which I don't think is a good thing.. Roy wasn't bad either. Foul trouble, yet again.

DJones. I was suprised to see he led the team in assists, because as much as I like him as a team guy, he's very selfish on offense.

Dunleavy, wasn't really noticable.

Rush...only positive from this game. Too bad his one good game a week was spent on this one.

Honestly, defense..and the fact that their star showed up and ours didn't, was the reason we lost.

Naptown_Seth
01-19-2010, 09:58 PM
Proof that +/- is legit.

Rush had the worst total +/- (tied with Troy), but the PER MINUTE has him better than all the other starters and higher than everyone but Price, Dun and DJones.

Of the guys that played 20+ minutes Troy had the worst +/- per minute.

Also keep in mind on Rush's night, they took away a 3pt make by him because of a shot clock violation. Not his fault, he did a catch and shoot as soon as it came to him. So he missed having 20 by about .4 seconds.

Los Angeles
01-19-2010, 10:07 PM
My thoughts on the game: I still like Travis Deiner.

BlueNGold
01-19-2010, 10:28 PM
Their frontline is a nightmare matchup for the Pacers. Both of their bigs, JO and Beasley, are very mobile and on more than one occasion draw defenders that opened up the lanes for DWade. I doubt we could beat this team once given 10 games...unless they stopped trying.

Slick Pinkham
01-19-2010, 10:31 PM
I had this game circled on my calendar, as a south Florida resident, for quite a long time. That rare opportunity for me (with three kids and a somewhat demanding job) to carve out enough time to watch the game from start to finish!

Wow.

Unwatchable.

Mind you, the 20-25 win clubs in the dark days of the 80s, were more watchable. I know Danny was off, but there seemed to be no plan B, and frankly a plan A was not noticable either. Getting schooled by Jamaal Magliore, Dorell Wright, and others.

Just painful. Greg Dreiling-like painful. Granville Waiters-like painful. George freakin' Irvine-like painful!

cdash
01-19-2010, 10:35 PM
Their frontline is a nightmare matchup for the Pacers. Both of their bigs, JO and Beasley, are very mobile and on more than one occasion draw defenders that opened up the lanes for DWade. I doubt we could beat this team once given 10 games...unless they stopped trying.

Did you just call JO mobile?

DGPR
01-19-2010, 10:41 PM
Yes, Granger needs to stop shooting the 3.

I need to change my pic so he won't feel inclined to keep shooting dimes.

When did the league OK a 10 point shot?

Slick Pinkham
01-19-2010, 10:44 PM

He abused Roy quite thoroughly about 3 times with his quickness. I saw it with my own eyes or I would not have believed it. Of course JO has had this game circled on his calendar for awhile too, but still...

BlueNGold
01-19-2010, 10:55 PM

I guess compared to Hibbert. You are right he has lost a whole lot.

BlueNGold
01-19-2010, 10:58 PM
He abused Roy quite thoroughly about 3 times with his quickness. I saw it with my own eyes or I would not have believed it. Of course JO has had this game circled on his calendar for awhile too, but still...

He did that in the last game even more thoroughly. I do think this highlights just how slow we are though...because JO is significantly slower than 3-4 years ago.

I think they eat us up primarily because they attack the paint aggressively...right to our soft underbelly.

graphic-er
01-19-2010, 11:02 PM
I did not catch the end of the game, I missed a McBob sighting!

I will say that I saw multiple times where Granger just stood there on the help defense. It was terrible to see such lack of effort from him, he was standing around on offense from from the start of the game.

JO might be over paid but next year he will sign some where for about 8-9 million and be the steal of free agency. He is a defensive anchor.

It pains me to see how much more Athletic the HEAT are on both ends of the floor.

Sookie
01-19-2010, 11:03 PM
He did that in the last game even more thoroughly. I do think this highlights just how slow we are though...because JO is significantly slower than 3-4 years ago.

I think they eat us up primarily because they attack the paint aggressively...right to our soft underbelly.

The biggest thing I noticed was we are soft. Murph doesn't want to touch anyone, and Roy doesn't want the foul.

Honestly, this team would be much better with a Granger/Tyler/McBob primarily at the four, with Murphy playing spot minutes for quick offense.

CableKC
01-19-2010, 11:14 PM
I've watched Solo in the last couple of games. Someone is going to have to explain why he'd be a better option then McRoberts. At worst.....I'd see very little difference. Solo is an afterthought on Offense and I barely notice him when he's on the floor on the defensive end.

This isn't a post in regards to the "Legend of McRoberts"....it's more that I honestly don't think that Solo is any worse then McRoberts. I'm not expecting the world of anyone playing backup to Hibbert and Murphy, just 10-15 minutes of "something"...anything. With Solo....I get very little.

graphic-er
01-19-2010, 11:19 PM
I've watched Solo in the last couple of games. Someone is going to have to explain why he'd be a better option then McRoberts. At worst.....I'd see very little difference. Solo is an afterthought on Offense and I barely notice him when he's on the floor on the defensive end.

This isn't a post in regards to the "Legend of McRoberts"....it's more that I honestly don't think that Solo is any worse then McRoberts. I'm not expecting the world of anyone playing backup to Hibbert and Murphy, just 10-15 minutes of "something"...anything. With Solo....I get very little.

Well Solo can hit the mid range jumper pretty consistently, but then again the team has bigger issues when Solo is the guy knocking down a mid range jumper with the clock ticking down. :rimshot:

CableKC
01-20-2010, 01:15 AM
Well Solo can hit the mid range jumper pretty consistently, but then again the team has bigger issues when Solo is the guy knocking down a mid range jumper with the clock ticking down. :rimshot:
I'll admit that I'm not as smart as many of you when it comes to seeing the "little Basketball things" that a Player does and doesn't do that really count......but honestly, I just don't notice when he's on the floor.

Again....this isn't a "Legend of McRoberts" thing to me....it's just that whenever McRoberts plays....I really notice that he's out there hussling and making a difference on the offensive/defensive end....especially grabbing offensive rebounds for 2nd chance plays. When Solo is on the floor....he doesn't do anything that really stands out to me on a offensive or defensive end.

I don't think that there would be any harm if we swapped out McRoberts for Solo....just to see it affects the Team's offense/defense. At the very least, it shouldn't make any difference.

Sookie
01-20-2010, 01:29 AM
I'll admit that I'm not as smart as many of you when it comes to seeing the "little Basketball things" that a Player does and doesn't do that really count......but honestly, I just don't notice when he's on the floor.

Again....this isn't a "Legend of McRoberts" thing to me....it's just that whenever McRoberts plays....I really notice that he's out there hussling and making a difference on the offensive/defensive end....especially grabbing offensive rebounds for 2nd chance plays. When Solo is on the floor....he doesn't do anything that really stands out to me on a offensive or defensive end.

I don't think that there would be any harm if we swapped out McRoberts for Solo....just to see it affects the Team's offense/defense. At the very least, it shouldn't make any difference.

Honestly, and people may think I'm nuts..but seeing as we know how JOB likes to play..and seeing as he does it anyway...

I think our best rotation would be
C Roy/Murphy
PF Granger/ Tyler or McBob

You stick with that rotation and there's at least never a time where both front court positions are defensive liabilities. It protects Roy. And Murphy can be "soft" because the PF's aren't.

Murphy will even create a mismatch. Most PF's in this league are quick, can shoot and such..there aren't too many power PFs. However..a Center doing that. Suddenly Dwight's got to go out to the perimeter and guard Murphy, which does open up a lot of lanes.

Problem is obviously that JOB loves Murphy so much, we may never see Roy again.

It's unconventional, and I get that a lot of people are sick of the "gimmick" offense. But I've seen successful teams do exactly what I just proposed with a player like Murphy.

pacersgroningen
01-20-2010, 07:02 AM
Play-offs? Don't talk about play-offs! You're kiddin' me?

Unclebuck
01-20-2010, 08:04 AM
Sure, that was painful for the most part. But I must admit watching the Heat defense was somewhat enjoyable. Their defense just destroyed the Pacers, the Heat were (or is it was) physical, aggressive, they pressured us, and wouldn't let the Pacers even get a decent shot - that is why the Pacers shooting % is so bad. I miss seeing defenses like that, that was fun to watch. Seeing the Heat defense and contrast that to the Pacers, wow. The pacers had trouble even getting into the scoring area, they had trouble even advancing the ball to the three point line, every pass was pressured, every shot was contested. Then on the other end it was like, lets not foul or make them mad and just hope they miss. The contrast was remarkable.

More than anything though, it was a physical beatdown

There isn't much else to say about the game

DaveP63
01-20-2010, 08:22 AM
We are their ***** right now and that's sad.

Spirit
01-20-2010, 08:27 AM
However..a Center doing that. Suddenly Dwight's got to go out to the perimeter and guard Murphy, which does open up a lot of lanes.

Depends on who he's out there with because they could just as easily have Rashard switch onto him and have Howard take Hansbrough/McRoberts/ or whoever we have at the 4 position.

jhondog28
01-20-2010, 09:18 AM
The nuts and bolts of the whole thing is that McRoberts has the ability to make a stagnant team energetic by showing his emotion. He has the ability to make a spectacular dunk, make a show stopping pass and shooting a three. Solo ever since I have watched him cannot bring energy to the team.

Also the Heat are a terrible match up for us. Athletic at every position with a PG/SG top 3 player in the league. Not our best spot to defend.

owl
01-20-2010, 09:20 AM
I watch this team and sometimes I think we might be close to average and then I watch them and I think it will be years until they are really competitive. The biggest difference with
the Heat is that they are all quicker than the Pacers players. Every position they are quicker and that is why their defense just destroys the Pacers. I really see no way this team makes the playoffs and it probably is just as well. I enjoyed watching Roy and Brandon but the three highest paid players were pathetic. Until two of the three are gone this team is weak.
Dunleavy is too slow and so is Murphy.

McKeyFan
01-20-2010, 09:44 AM
Sure, that was painful for the most part. But I must admit watching the Heat defense was somewhat enjoyable. Their defense just destroyed the Pacers, the Heat were (or is it was) physical, aggressive, they pressured us, and wouldn't let the Pacers even get a decent shot - that is why the Pacers shooting % is so bad. I miss seeing defenses like that, that was fun to watch. Seeing the Heat defense and contrast that to the Pacers, wow. The pacers had trouble even getting into the scoring area, they had trouble even advancing the ball to the three point line, every pass was pressured, every shot was contested. Then on the other end it was like, lets not foul or make them mad and just hope they miss. The contrast was remarkable.

More than anything though, it was a physical beatdown

There isn't much else to say about the game

I agree with you UB. It was beautiful to watch.

The problem is that we are Pacer fans.

Brad8888
01-20-2010, 10:16 AM
I seriously wonder if Danny is going to fully recover without more rest and physical therapy.

I also seriously wonder if there is any plan to change anything about how we play if Danny continues to struggle. His foot has to be basically like an underinflated tire at best at this point, which must be impacting both his shot and his ability to drive.

In the meantime, if we wish to be competitive on any consistent basis (we may not have any intention of this, and if so, brilliant way of covering the tanking intention up with three ball)

1. Reduce the focus on threes

2. Slow the game down a little -- then control the tempo and expend the extra energy on actually playing defense (how's that whole FG% defense thing working out for us, we're 10th in eFG% defense and 12th in FG% defense, so we should at least assume we are a playoff team, right?)

3. Concentrate on player and ball movement to generate opportunities to drive or pass to players in the paint to get to the rim more often and hopefully get the opposition into foul trouble and gain an advantage at the line

4. Use everyone available during meaningful time to minimize fatigue being a factor

5. Repeat as necessary

I know, I know. We would turn into a boring team and would play some of the worst basketball in the league (turn into last year's version of Memphis I think was mentioned by one of our most esteemed posters over the summer when I last brought this up). How in the world can it get worse than the unwatchable play that happens consistently now? When we hit threes, it covers up how bad we actually play the game of basketball as a team and we win games. At least the other way there would be a foundation built to begin the process of becoming a solid team for the future, and chemistry would improve because the players would understand the system, be able to become proficient at it due to its more traditional nature, and everyone would understand their roles within it. Then it would matter who we draft and trade for because it would be easy to recognize what we actually need from a basketball perspective besides another three point shooter (or 4) and someone to rebound misses (or 4).

90'sNBARocked
01-20-2010, 12:12 PM
I had this game circled on my calendar, as a south Florida resident, for quite a long time. That rare opportunity for me (with three kids and a somewhat demanding job) to carve out enough time to watch the game from start to finish!

Wow.

Unwatchable.

Mind you, the 20-25 win clubs in the dark days of the 80s, were more watchable. I know Danny was off, but there seemed to be no plan B, and frankly a plan A was not noticable either. Getting schooled by Jamaal Magliore, Dorell Wright, and others.

Just painful. Greg Dreiling-like painful. Granville Waiters-like painful. George freakin' Irvine-like painful!

LMAO,

Pain like Scott Hastings, George Mc Cloud, Zan Tabek, Rawel Marshall etc.