PDA

View Full Version : Latest Rookie Rankings

Kemo
01-16-2010, 12:32 AM
In latest rookie rankings AJ PRICE , gets honorable mention..

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/01/13/rookie.rankings/index.html

Honorable Mention: A.J. Price, Pacers: Averaged 16.3 points and 4.0 assists in three games this week while playing big minutes in crunch time; Jon Brockman, Kings: Played 38 minutes in first career start, scoring five points and grabbing 12 rebounds in the Kings' 102-100 win over the Nuggets. Has given the Kings a much-needed inside presence off the bench; Marcus Thornton, Hornets: Averaged 12.5 points in last two games while going 5-for-7 from three-point land; Serge Ibaka, Thunder: Averaged 6.0 points, 5.0 rebounds in three games this week.

thelostpacer
01-16-2010, 12:43 AM
GO AJ GO AJ SHOW WHY WE DONT NEED FORD!

Sookie
01-16-2010, 12:43 AM
If AJ continues to get time, he'll end up in the top ten IMO.

What I'm interested though, with him, is how much more can he improve. Because he's interesting.

He's 23, which is on the older side for Rookies. And although mentally he seems pretty far advanced for a Rookie, most likely because of staying in college, Physically, he never got to improve upon his play or skills, with the exception of shooting.

He spent his first two years trying to return to the shape he was in, in highschool. Because of the brain injury. When he finally returned to his highschool form, he tore his ACL. And although that summer he worked on his shooting, which improved, he spent his senior year trying, once again, to return to his highschool year form.

I would think physically and skill wise there is still plenty of room for improvement.

Mentally, he doesn't make that many mistakes. I think he rushes a bit. And clearly got a bit frustrated going up against Nash. Although to be fair, who wouldn't. I think there's room there for better decision making. Although there really isn't that much room for improvement there, but to be honest, I think it's rare a point guard reaches Price's "point mentality" between decision making/clutch ability/and leadership ability - which I'm sure he'll show as he's older- so I don't know that he needs to.

I also think he rushes a bit. I'm not sure if that's something JOB wants him to do or not. That's the other thing with Price. He's a pure coaches' player. He'd dribble down the court backwards and shoot the ball at half court, to his best ability, if JOB told him too. Which believe it or not, a lot of players can't do. AJ's "good' at everything. So JOB wants him to play like Iverson, he can play like Iverson. The next coach wants him to play differently, he'll do whatever that coach wants. He's very well rounded, so the coach tends to get exactly what that coach wants.

90'sNBARocked
01-16-2010, 12:20 PM
Welcome back fam

odeez
01-16-2010, 12:44 PM
Go AJ!

IndyPacer
01-16-2010, 02:41 PM
I guess I might as well admit I was wrong about Curry. I wasn't seeing what everyone else seemed to see in him. I thought he'd be solid but not among the top rookies.

I'm very intrigued by Price. His development will be considerably more rapid if he gets a steady 20 min or so per game right now. I really feel like he is 1st round talent taken in the 2nd round. He will probably have problems with consistency early like most rookie PGs, but I think he could turn into a really solid player. He will be a steal for Indiana if he continues to work hard and behaves himself.

nbadraft.net compared his skills to Tinsley; if he shows the potential that Tinsley did early but doesn't later turn into the self-centered jackhole Tinsley did, I'll be quite pleased with that. Tinsley actually showed tremendous potential early in his career despite having certain physical limitations. If AJ figues out how to make the most of what he has, I think we've got a long-term PG even if he might be the starting PG.