PDA

View Full Version : Rasheed Wallace to Dallas

Roaming Gnome
01-18-2004, 12:23 AM
Just heard on Pacers post game radio show that there is a report on Espn.com that it is 50/50 and it would be for Antione Jamison and Tarik Abdul-Wahead.

Anthem
01-18-2004, 12:25 AM
Terrible trade for Portland, if true. They could do so much better.

MSA2CF
01-18-2004, 12:26 AM
Bad move IMO.

Can't Cubes just stick with a set of guys and let them work?

How is trading for Rasheed going to help their team's defense?

Don't get me wrong--I like Rasheed, but I don't know how in the hell he fits in with the Mavericks. Good luck Cubes.

Roaming Gnome
01-18-2004, 12:28 AM
I'm just glad that he is not comming anywhere east. :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :jump:

Hicks
01-18-2004, 12:29 AM
Yeah, this seems like a mistake for Dallas. They're just shoving talent together a la Portland; it doesn't work. No chemistry whatsoever, and now they have an absolute trouble-maker on their squad and in their lockerroom. Might be rosey this season, but if he sticks around watch out.

zxc
01-18-2004, 12:33 AM
Well I don't think it is that bad. Jamison wasn't really necessary. Sheed can at least give them some post prescense and size inside. He is alot better defender then the players they have at 4/5 now. Plus it is an ending contract so frees up some room. They have to resign Nash after this season.

MSA2CF
01-18-2004, 12:37 AM
Well I don't think it is that bad. Jamison wasn't really necessary. Sheed can at least give them some post prescense and size inside. He is alot better defender then the players they have at 4/5 now. Plus it is an ending contract so frees up some room. They have to resign Nash after this season.

If I were Nash, I'd split and find a home in the Eastern Conference. It would be so much easier for him to find a way to the Finals by switching sides.

Of course, I know where would be a great fit for him. :pacers: :D

DisplacedKnick
01-18-2004, 12:51 AM
IF Rasheed would sit his butt in the post and play there this would be a great move for the Mavs. He's also very solid defensively when he doesn't let the refs take him out of the game.

The problem is, he hasn't spent much time in the post the last 3-4 years even though he can be very effective there.

Kegboy
01-18-2004, 12:55 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&id=1711380

Stein points out (correctly, IMO) that having guys like Walker and Wallace on the same team spells trouble. From Portland's standpoint, I think it's a fair point that they might not get better than Jamison with FA money they'd get from just letting Sheed's contract run out. Personally, I've been very impressed with Jamison lately. He was the only guy who played worth a damn against us last week.

kerosene
01-18-2004, 02:47 AM
Jamison is the "good guy" Portland needs. Also read earlier that Philly was in talks for Sheed for Robinson and Todd Mac. I dunno. Portland is so over the cap that even Sheed expriring this year doesn't help but taking on Jamison and Wahad's contracts is bad for them. Hard to figure.

Anthem
01-18-2004, 03:24 AM
Jamison is the "good guy" Portland needs.

I've got two more good guys they can have: Freddy Jones and Croshere or Pollard (they can pick). And all it would cost them is Dale Davis. :flirt:

EDIT: Seriously, I'm not sure what this does to their rotations. Do they play small, with Randolph at 5 and Jamison at 4? Or do they find another big, and slide Randolph to 4 and Jamison to 3?

kerosene
01-18-2004, 03:41 AM
That's why a Philly deal makes more sense. Robinson at the 3, Randolph at the 4, keep Davis at the 5. Jamison is a good player, a nice guy, but he's a tweener. An overpaid tweener.

EDIT - With Wallace out the last couple of games it shows how much they need someone else to take the heat off of Randolph. Jamison would do that; Robinson would as well.

ROCislandWarrior
01-18-2004, 03:44 AM
As long as he is not on the Nets

ROCislandWarrior
01-18-2004, 03:44 AM
or Knicks

MSA2CF
01-18-2004, 10:10 AM
It's not happening.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&id=1711380

DisplacedKnick
01-18-2004, 10:38 AM
or Knicks

No thank you.

At one time not so long ago (when we really sucked) I'd have been happy to have him.

17 million off the cap at the end of the year? I can put up with a new team psycho that long. But we aren't ditching salary, I don't want him long-term, and I think we can do better with the MLE over the summer.

We need a post player, not a "I used to play in the post but the refs are against me and always blow whistles whenever I bump someone so what's the point - I think I'll just hang around the three-pt line" player.

MSA2CF
06-23-2004, 05:22 PM
Bet I tricked you, didn't I? :devil:

Kstat
06-23-2004, 05:24 PM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was thinking......Joe D would need a labotomy to take that deal......

Roaming Gnome
06-23-2004, 05:47 PM
Damn, I don't even remember posting that.... :shrug:

Shade
06-23-2004, 05:56 PM

:laugh: :banned: :peace: