PDA

View Full Version : Sneak Peek of Reggie's upcoming film

pwee31
01-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Wow the memories :buddies:

http://my.nba.com/cms/107238/too_much_of_a_good_thing

<object width="384" height="216" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="ESPN_VIDEO" data="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all"><param name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="opaque"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"/><param name="flashVars" value="id=4805749"/></object>

Peck
01-13-2010, 06:19 PM
My God I don't even know if I will be able to watch a game the rest of this year after seeing this.

The thought of Troy Murphy standing there as a player goes down the lane on him after seeing everyone from Ewing to Mark Jackson laying people out for driving the lane just makes me want to break somehthing.

God I loved the 90's Pacers vs Knicks games. Nothing has come close to that since.

sportfireman
01-13-2010, 06:27 PM
My God I don't even know if I will be able to watch a game the rest of this year after seeing this.

The thought of Troy Murphy standing there as a player goes down the lane on him after seeing everyone from Ewing to Mark Jackson laying people out for driving the lane just makes me want to break somehthing.God I loved the 90's Pacers vs Knicks games. Nothing has come close to that since.

do we have a smiley crapping on himself laughing?

those were the days..........nothing easy in the paint baby!!!!!!!!!! Bring it........im getting pumped up!!!!!!!!!!!!

jmoney2584
01-13-2010, 06:34 PM

The thought of Troy Murphy standing there as a player goes down the lane on him after seeing everyone from Ewing to Mark Jackson laying people out for driving the lane just makes me want to break somehthing.

God I loved the 90's Pacers vs Knicks games. Nothing has come close to that since.

I remember the 95 ECSF at MSA, I had seats with me Dad right next to the Knicks tunnel and the things that came out of fans mouths (my own included) were not meant for small children's ears..I absolutely HATED the Knicks then. I still don't like them, but I don't have the agression against them that I used to.

I miss the days of having tough players, but really the sad thing is that it just isn't todays NBA. Very few players would lay someone out like in this video, most that did would get an automatic Flagrant 2. The makeup of todays NBA doesn't just start with the players, it goes all the way up to the league offices and the people who set the rules. The NBA isn't as physical because players are less competitive, or have less desire, but the rules have changed.

Now, I think we have players that are less physical by nature, or maybe lacking in desire/toughness and that makes them even worse in this league. They should at least be making the attempt to teter the line for physicality, but we never see it but from a few players. Tyler and Dahntay would have done well in the early-mid-90's. The physical attitude is bred person to person too, it's contagious. That's why I wouldn't mind if Danny got a T every once in awhile like he did at Toronto. Enough wins as a result from that kind of hardnosed play will hopefully show them that if they instill that mindset in their game, they will prove to be more effective and win more games.