PDA

View Full Version : Knicks Say Haunted Hotel Played Role In OKC Loss

sportfireman
01-13-2010, 06:35 PM
:laugh:I had to post this one. I got a good laugh out of it.:laugh:

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64019/20100113/knicks_say_haunted_hotel_played_role_in_okc_loss/

For two days, several Knicks players had trouble sleeping because they were convinced that their hotel in Oklahoma City was haunted.

"I definitely believe it," Jared Jeffries said. "The place is haunted. It's scary."

Eddy Curry said he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.

Guests staying at the Skirvin Hilton have reported ghost sightings and strange noises for decades. According to the New York Daily News, legend has it that sometime in the 1930s, a woman jumped to her death while holding her baby in her hands.

"They said it happened on the 10th floor and I'm the only one staying on the 10th floor," Curry said. "That's why I spent most of my time in (Nate Robinson's) room. I definitely believe there are ghosts in that hotel."

The Thunder defeated the Knicks 106-88 on Monday night.

PaceBalls
01-13-2010, 06:43 PM
LOL
Ghost Hunters and those other idiotic shows are destroying our society... Critical thinking classes should be mandatory in all elementary schools.

jmoney2584
01-13-2010, 06:44 PM
Definitely good for a laugh. I imagined the Knicks team running around like an episode of scooby-doo or something. Understandable though, I buy into the paranormal. That's why I get freaked out watching those cheesy syfy series where people go into demonically possessed homes and do exorcisms and crap. I don't necessarily believe that it's happening on the show, but the idea is always good for a rush when you do believe in existence of the super natural.

jmoney2584
01-13-2010, 06:46 PM
LOL
Ghost Hunters and those other idiotic shows are destroying our society... Critical thinking classes should be mandatory in all elementary schools.

Ghost Hunters is not scary at all and comes across really lame. The South Park mockery of that show where Ike was seeing the ghosts of dead celebs was hillariousss. Demons-scary, ghosts- ehh not so muuch. This thread will probably get locked from people bringing religion into it. Hate that.

Los Angeles
01-13-2010, 06:48 PM
Shouldn't have changed Eddie's game. He plays scared anyway.

jmoney2584
01-13-2010, 06:50 PM
Shouldn't have changed Eddie's game. He plays scared anyway.

ZING!!

Bball
01-13-2010, 06:50 PM
The Pacers and fans been haunted by the ghost of Marcus Camby since 1999...

PaceBalls
01-13-2010, 06:54 PM
Ghost Hunters is not scary at all and comes across really lame. The South Park mockery of that show where Ike was seeing the ghosts of dead celebs was hillariousss. Demons-scary, ghosts- ehh not so muuch. This thread will probably get locked from people bringing religion into it. Hate that.

I won't bring in religion, but I do think a bit of skepticism and critical thought is a positive quality. I'm with Carl Sagan on this one. "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."
Here is a good video from youtube that is based on his boloney test to decipher facts and be a good skeptic. Also I highly recommend reading Carl Sagan's "Demon Haunted World". That is a life changing book.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUB4j0n2UDU

jmoney2584
01-13-2010, 07:03 PM
I am not what I would deem religious, perhaps "spiritual" is a better word, but I am skeptical of most claims. I can only say my personal beliefs stem from personal situations. I do love the "idea" of it though, it's fun. Don't get me started on aliens...haha.

PacerDude
01-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Boo !

owl
01-13-2010, 07:22 PM
I won't bring in religion, but I do think a bit of skepticism and critical thought is a positive quality. I'm with Carl Sagan on this one. "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."
Here is a good video from youtube that is based on his boloney test to decipher facts and be a good skeptic. Also I highly recommend reading Carl Sagan's "Demon Haunted World". That is a life changing book.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUB4j0n2UDU

If you are a materialist you will not put any stock in such things but I would
caution you to not be so sure of yourself. You might try reading Evidence That Demands
a Verdict by Josh McDowell.

Trophy
01-13-2010, 07:25 PM
Duke and Gnome, did you guys stay here?

PaceBalls
01-13-2010, 07:32 PM
If you are a materialist you will not put any stock in such things but I would
caution you to not be so sure of yourself. You might try reading Evidence That Demands
a Verdict by Josh McDowell.

I think that title begs the question, what evidence is he referring to? Would this be considered real evidence by the scientific community or is this evidence more of just a feeling, divine revelation, legends passed down, or a mass meme.

I wouldn't say the supernatural world or gods are not real, even beyond people's imaginations and mass memes making them real, but being real unto themselves. I just think it is highly unlikely, I have to assume it is fantasy as there is 0 evidence that could ever stand up to the scientific method.

owl
01-13-2010, 07:40 PM
I think that title begs the question, what evidence is he referring to? Would this be considered real evidence by the scientific community or is this evidence more of just a feeling, divine revelation, legends passed down, or a mass meme.

I wouldn't say the supernatural world or gods are not real, even beyond people's imaginations and mass memes making them real, but being real unto themselves. I just think it is highly unlikely, I have to assume it is fantasy as there is 0 evidence that could ever stand up to the scientific method.

I think eyewitness evidence is good evidence. Your using imagination and mass
meme's as scientific rebuttal? You will have to do better than that.
If you saw with your own eyes Jesus have power over all material things including
death would that suffice to eliminate your skepticism?

Shade
01-13-2010, 07:44 PM
I love ghost hunting. I want to go check this place out now.

Hey, any publicity is good publicity, right?

Bball
01-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Who ya gonna call?

GHOSTBUSTERS!

PaceBalls
01-13-2010, 07:50 PM
I think eyewitness evidence is good evidence. Your using imagination and mass
meme's as scientific rebuttal? You will have to do better than that.
If you saw with your own eyes Jesus have power over all material things including
death would that suffice to eliminate your skepticism?

I would think I was mistaken in my perception. What are the more likely possibility, that the laws of physics would suspend by a man's will or that I was interpreting the data incorrectly? The great miracle of our universe is that there are no miracles... as in the laws of physics are constant, and it all works just fine without supernatural events, magic, miracles or whathaveyou.

Anyway, I should probably stop... I would welcome further debate if you like in pms or email or whatever. :peace:

the jaddler
01-13-2010, 08:02 PM
so what can we blame for road losses???? bad sushi.....the weather.......beds that are to firm......Jim OBrien...oh wait...

Lance George
01-13-2010, 08:23 PM
http://pignash.proboards.com/index.cgi

owl
01-13-2010, 09:15 PM
I would think I was mistaken in my perception. What are the more likely possibility, that the laws of physics would suspend by a man's will or that I was interpreting the data incorrectly? The great miracle of our universe is that there are no miracles... as in the laws of physics are constant, and it all works just fine without supernatural events, magic, miracles or whathaveyou.

Anyway, I should probably stop... I would welcome further debate if you like in pms or email or whatever. :peace:

One last question. What would God have to do to convince you he existed? And you can't say there is no evidence that God exists. I want to know what would be acceptable to you.

CableKC
01-13-2010, 09:20 PM
Unless I start hearing more jokes about Eddy Curry having a sleepover in Nate Robinson's room.....I'm guessing that the Admins should quietly move this thread to the OT thread.

Shade
01-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Unless I start hearing more jokes about Eddy Curry having a sleepover in Nate Robinson's room.....

Speedbag Part 2?