PDA

View Full Version : Price giving 'em something to talk about

90'sNBARocked
01-13-2010, 02:27 PM
http://my.nba.com/cms/107168/price_giving_em_something_to_talk_about

Keep in mind, before the game, O'Brien was asked if he could see Price moving into the starting lineup this year.

"That's getting too far ahead of ourselves," he said. "He's played one really good game. I like having a veteran start."

Of course, it's far too early to make an accurate projection about Price's future with the Pacers other than he has one and it appears to be pretty bright. He's been the backup for six games. It's been impossible not to like what you've seen in that span, but it's a small sample from which to render a conclusion about a guy's future

More on granger being mad and the "Jonses"

Man Price is hot!!!

It's not enough for a bona fide trend yet but the Pacers are 2-0 when Granger gets a technical foul. Last time, he scored 31 with a career-high 16 boards in a 108-94 win over Golden State on Nov. 11.

Oh snap, the 2 game winning streak when Granger's T'd up!!

Lets get Tyler a T too :)

thelostpacer
01-13-2010, 02:35 PM
no no get mad isnt the idea here maybe he shuld be:censored: slapping the players at half time then go out there fired up.. no t's in game we dont wanna look bad do we?

Naptown_Seth
01-13-2010, 02:38 PM
"That's getting too far ahead of ourselves," he said. "He's played one really good game. I like having a veteran start." And then Vinnie Del Negro was fired. ;)

I don't care about veteran, I care about capable, confident, cool under pressure. If it's Katie Douglas in her 8th grade year and she meets those requirements then she's my starting Pacers PG....again the first thing is CAPABLE.

I'm not calling for Price to start, but ruling him out because of his years of service is dumb. What I think JOB means is that experience tells him that vets don't lose their cool or make dumb mistakes. I can agree, but I don't think that's anywhere close to 100%, nor do I think vets are invulnerable of having the same problems.

And in the case of Price I think his STRENGTH is keeping his cool and running the show, far more than some athletic ability, crazy handles or awesome shooting. He does those things decent, but not enough to demand starting time. The only thing he does that's starter level is run the show, so I think that's the least of your worries rather than a holdup to using him.

90'sNBARocked
01-13-2010, 02:43 PM
no no get mad isnt the idea here maybe he shuld be:censored: slapping the players at half time then go out there fired up.. no t's in game we dont wanna look bad do we?

I like that, slap the taste out of their mouth, bring some intensity back!

JK :)

maybe not though :-o

sportfireman
01-13-2010, 02:58 PM
One good game.....wow....:eek:...JOB is an idiot and a coward. Stand on your word. "They're two things I have in this world my balls and my word" JOB needs to get some balls and stand on his word. If you don't wanna start the rookie then say that and be done but don't say he has only had one good game and thats why you're not starting him. I'm sorry he's correct one good game in the last one game. Well here's the last two game looks good for a 2nd rd pick.

Jan 09 @ OKC 9-15 23pts 3 ast 2 to
Jan 08 @ MIN 3-8 10pts 7 ast 1 to

I wonder what he'll say after the Toronto game.....:confused:

90'sNBARocked
01-13-2010, 03:15 PM
One good game.....wow....:eek:...JOB is an idiot and a coward. Stand on your word. "They're two things I have in this world my balls and my word" JOB needs to get some balls and stand on his word. If you don't wanna start the rookie then say that and be done but don't say he has only had one good game and thats why you're not starting him. I'm sorry he's correct one good game in the last one game. Well here's the last two game looks good for a 2nd rd pick.

Jan 09 @ OKC 9-15 23pts 3 ast 2 to
Jan 08 @ MIN 3-8 10pts 7 ast 1 to

I wonder what he'll say after the Toronto game.....:confused:

Scarface lol