PDA

View Full Version : Game-Worn Gear

BillS
01-13-2010, 10:11 AM
So, my wife won the game-worn jerseys and shoes from the Ultimate Pacers Experience.

I expect we can frame the jerseys, but what the *bleep* do we do with the shoes?

sportfireman
01-13-2010, 10:14 AM
So, my wife won the game-worn jerseys and shoes from the Ultimate Pacers Experience.

I expect we can frame the jerseys, but what the *bleep* do we do with the shoes?

what size are they????:hmm:

seriously......keep them or put em on ebay

BKK
01-13-2010, 10:16 AM
you won the jersey's of all the team members?? that's cool, congrats! :)
as for the shoes I guess they are very big size so maybe you cannot use them... you can still "box" them (like framing but for shoes sorry for the english) or even sell them on ebay I wonder how much such items get bought for...

duke dynamite
01-13-2010, 10:17 AM
I take the shoes. Problem solved.

90'sNBARocked
01-13-2010, 10:35 AM
I take the shoes. Problem solved.

Duke you dont know the size man

plus they would look better on me anyway :)

duke dynamite
01-13-2010, 10:37 AM
Duke you dont know the size man

plus they would look better on me anyway :)
It's not about the size, but how you use them. :D

Putnam
01-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Donate them to Goodwill?

Unclebuck
01-13-2010, 10:50 AM
Bill, you guys are always winning something

Trophy
01-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Put them on shelves up high. That's what I did with Murph's shoes and used towel.

Whose gear did you get?

duke dynamite
01-13-2010, 10:55 AM
Put them on shelves up high. That's what I did with Murph's shoes and used towel.

Whose gear did you get?
Wait, you put that up?

Trophy
01-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Wait, you put that up?

I folded it and put in on a shelf.

duke dynamite
01-13-2010, 11:04 AM
I folded it and put in on a shelf.
I figured it would be in an air-tight glass case with laser beams guarding it. :p

smj887
01-13-2010, 11:04 AM
If you're not adverse to spending money to preserve your new collectibles, just put them in a display case. A quick Google search turned up single-shoe cases by a company called Caseworks. They appear to run about $70-$75.

http://www.itsalreadysigned4u.com/shop/media/images/product_detail/nfl-shoe-1-2-3.jpg

Obviously you wouldn't get one with the Cleveland Indians logo, though...

Then a website called crystalcaseworks.com has displays for an entire pair.

http://www.crystalcaseworks.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/SHOE-CU-2.jpg

That one in the picture is listed at $199.

heywoode
01-13-2010, 11:17 AM
I would be more than happy to have and display anything you feel you "don't need" or don't know what to do with! Would fit perfectly in my computer room, which is entirely Pacers and Colts stuff, and happens to be the only room in the house where I control the decor!

Congrats on winning!

90'sNBARocked
01-13-2010, 11:21 AM
It's not about the size, but how you use them. :D

lol

Its not the size of the ship but the motion in the ocean :)

duke dynamite
01-13-2010, 11:24 AM
lol

Its not the size of the ship but the motion in the ocean :)
And there you took it too far. :buddies:

90'sNBARocked
01-13-2010, 11:26 AM
And there you took it too far. :buddies:

lol

Im going to purgatory when I die

i wasnt bad, but wasnt that good either :)

PacerGuy
01-13-2010, 11:39 AM

Whose gear did you get?

If we trade Murph, JO'B will buy your towel just for the DNA on it.

sportfireman
01-13-2010, 11:51 AM

hopefully he can clone him with some defense.........that'd be great

totally unrelated, i just love the movie

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lj4h933OiDY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lj4h933OiDY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Trophy
01-13-2010, 12:42 PM
I figured it would be in an air-tight glass case with laser beams guarding it. :p

I remember you told me once that you got someone's shoes?

Trophy
01-13-2010, 12:45 PM

JOB can just collect all the towels Troy used rather than have my one towel.

As the head coach, he can get an unlimited supply (that is if we don't trade him)

duke dynamite
01-13-2010, 01:04 PM
I remember you told me once that you got someone's shoes?
Dun's.

joeyd
01-13-2010, 01:14 PM
Wow, congrats! I was hoping to win the GU jerseys but am glad they went to someone that really appreciates them.

You will end up spending probably $200-$400 on display cases for the jerseys depending upon whether you want to go with plastic vs. glass, and regular glass vs. UV-protective glass.

PM me if you want to know a little bit about NBA jerseys (I've been working on an article about NBA game-worn jerseys for a sports collectibles pub. and knwo a little about the topic). Long story short though, my suggestion is that you go with the glass with UV protection on the Granger, Price, Hibbert, and Hansbrough jerseys and shoes.

I have seen several shoe displays but unless one just came on the market recently, none were big enough to accomodate larger than a size 14. I had to go with a helmet display case for my daughter's Foster shoe.

If you are considering selling the Foster jersey, please PM me. I'mthinking ahead to next Christmas and if I scored a Foster jersey, I'd have most of the shopping for my daughter pretty much completed!