PDA

View Full Version : SJax drops 43 on Rockets

dal9
01-12-2010, 11:13 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=300112030

Career high. Good to see the "old man" still has it.

What was Battier doing during the game?

Los Angeles
01-12-2010, 11:14 PM
Cue ajbry ...

PacerGuy
01-12-2010, 11:21 PM
I've heard of him dropping a "38" & a "44" before (usually in a strip club parking lot), so I am not sure what all the fuss is here.
"38, 44, 43 - what ever it takes....." - SJax

IndyHoosier
01-12-2010, 11:44 PM
I had to take a double take when I saw this in the ESPN write up!! Wha...whaaaaattt?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=300112030

"But this is showing signs of being the best Bobcats team in the franchise's six seasons. Matching Orlando and Indiana for the second-best home record in the Eastern Conference (14-4), Jackson's acquisition has helped Charlotte reach a new level."

duke dynamite
01-13-2010, 12:10 AM
I credit his play today to the crips.

PaceBalls
01-13-2010, 12:51 AM
I credit his play today to the crips.

Or maybe he was praying extra hard about his shooting. (also notice the Bloods tat on his right lower torso.)

http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/Picture%2016(34).png

Hicks
01-13-2010, 01:15 AM
He actually has a tatoo of that? (Bloods) Wow.

ChicagoJ
01-13-2010, 09:06 AM
Yes. Remember, that's why you could get a Red "Jackson 1" Pacers jersey. That was never an official alternate color/ jersey, but could be purchased somewhere. I saw those in Chicago a lot. Made my stomach turn. He's not a big fan of the color blue.

Drewtone
01-13-2010, 09:23 AM
Yes. Remember, that's why you could get a Red "Jackson 1" Pacers jersey. That was never an official alternate color/ jersey, but could be purchased somewhere. I saw those in Chicago a lot. Made my stomach turn. He's not a big fan of the color blue.

J, you know your finance, could you or maybe Count run a regression to establish any correlation between his games in the Pacer Blue jerseys and his outburts at refs and/or Coach Rick??? (I'll accept an F statistic of 1.9 or higher).

duke dynamite
01-13-2010, 09:55 AM
He actually has a tatoo of that? (Bloods) Wow.
It looks more like an attempt to make a shadow puppet.

ajbry
01-13-2010, 10:04 AM
My favorite part was when he told the Rockets coaching staff and bench that they didn't have anyone who could guard him. A team with Shane Battier and Trevor Ariza, no less.

Bobcats are legit.

sportfireman
01-13-2010, 10:32 AM
This thread should be closed before it gets ugly. He had a career game, Bobcats are good. Lets move on.

90'sNBARocked
01-13-2010, 11:09 AM
Wait , he is a problem child, a cancer.

Did Dunleavy ever drop 40 in his NBA Career?

ChicagoJ
01-13-2010, 11:11 AM
This thread should be closed before it gets ugly.

http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/Picture%2016(34).png

Too late for that.

sportfireman
01-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Too late for that.
ok sorry UGLIER

ajbry
01-13-2010, 11:14 AM
Just lock it. Nobody here has had anything civil to say in the last 2 and a half years regarding this topic. It ain't worth it.

duke dynamite
01-13-2010, 11:19 AM
Wait , he is a problem child, a cancer.

Did Dunleavy ever drop 40 in his NBA Career?
36 a couple of times, against the Knicks.

duke dynamite
01-13-2010, 11:19 AM
Just lock it. Nobody here has had anything civil to say in the last 2 and a half years regarding this topic. It ain't worth it.
I actually think this has been handled quite well compared to previous threads on the matter. I think the worst part is just a mockery of Jax himself.

spreedom
01-13-2010, 11:28 AM
I am not on the "only sign boy scouts" side of the argument.... but I wouldn't take Jax back for free. Hate his attitude and the effort I feel he put forth during tough times on our team.

Next!

90'sNBARocked
01-13-2010, 11:33 AM
36 a couple of times, against the Knicks.

I remember but not 40pts

Its old though I wish Jack all the best and glad we have Dunleavy

Game Over

duke dynamite
01-13-2010, 11:34 AM
I remember but not 40pts

Its old though I wish Jack all the best and glad we have Dunleavy

Game Over
I know, I never said 40. :-p

90'sNBARocked
01-13-2010, 11:34 AM
I actually think this has been handled quite well compared to previous threads on the matter. I think the worst part is just a mockery of Jax himself.

Did NBC fire Conan?
I heard Jay Leno snapped off on NBC

Wu-Gambino
01-13-2010, 05:38 PM
17-19 is considered good? They'll probably make the playoffs due to the amount of pathetic teams there are in the East.

I think Jackson should be signed to a two year deal (max) wherever he goes. It seems that whenever he is traded he has the ability to lead a team, but it seems he gets unsatisfied within a year or so.

duke dynamite
01-13-2010, 05:41 PM
Did NBC fire Conan?
I heard Jay Leno snapped off on NBC
Wrong thread.

90'sNBARocked
01-13-2010, 05:47 PM
Wrong thread.

No prob

PacerDude
01-13-2010, 06:22 PM
So, how 'bout them Colts ??

90'sNBARocked
01-13-2010, 06:23 PM
So, how 'bout them Colts ??

Lets beat up on Caldwell now!!

Should have played them :)

jk

owl
01-13-2010, 07:27 PM
Lets beat up on Caldwell now!!

Should have played them :)

jk

Sorry, but that horse is already dead. :-)

90'sNBARocked
01-13-2010, 07:57 PM
Sorry, but that horse is already dead. :-)

Keep forgetting the green!

I was joking, I actually thought all of that was blown way out of porportion

Gyron
01-14-2010, 07:51 PM
I was at the game. He looked good. Unforunately, the rest of the bobcats look like crap even though they are winning a few games here and there. They have been energized though since he has been playing as well as he has.

PacerDude
01-14-2010, 10:14 PM
They have been energized though since he has been playing as well as he has.Yeah, that happened in SanAn, Pacerville, Golden State ............. give it time, he'll wear thin on the coach, teammates and fans.

Death, taxes and Sjax messing up a team.

Naptown_Seth
01-14-2010, 10:20 PM
Someone from the Bobcats during a pregame interview (I think radio) was very positive about him not long after the trade. Seems to be going well there.

So they don't need Gerald Henderson. Make the move, I'll drive down, help him pack, drive his stuff up here myself, put him up for a few days while he finds a nice downtown condo.

Naptown_Seth
01-14-2010, 10:28 PM
Yeah, that happened in SanAn, Pacerville, Golden State ............. give it time, he'll wear thin on the coach, teammates and fans.

Death, taxes and Sjax messing up a team.
He killed the Spurs? Hmm, guess it's time to give the rings back.

He killed the Pacers? Record before and after the Golden St trade notwithstanding I suppose, or is this opposite day where losing is winning?

He killed the Warriors? So Baron Davis wanting out and signing with the Clips had no impact and Nellie ticking off Ellis is not an indicator of anything. It was the mysterious "poison" of Jack not wanting to be there, but Ellis not wanting to be there is happy times and chocolate cake.

Yes, give it time. Maybe the Kittens will trade him to Utah, Brown will quit, Wallace will get hurt and they'll go 5-40, thus proving once again that he kills teams.

The legend of the destruction brought on by Jackson grows each day. Meanwhile Nellie and Murphleavy get off scott free, they've never made a situation worse than before they got there and it never got better after they left.

At least hate him for valid reasons if you must.

I mean Peja was here half a year and he killed a playoff series with his "I'm a free agent, I can't risk it" team effort. I once saw Jack playing with a bad back tough it out only to be slammed to the floor with a thud, then get up, walk it off and continue playing (with the Pacers).

Naptown_Seth
01-14-2010, 10:32 PM
Problems with Jackson:

1) Outside shot is too streaky, not quite high enough FG% overall for what you'd like

2) Emotional in both a good and bad way, and when he stops to yap at refs or yells at the coach it's a distraction

3) Defense can be really good, but it's not always there

4) Not great as a transition guy due to hops partially but also how he works his lane

Oh no, get him off my team.

JohnnyBGoode
01-14-2010, 10:32 PM
He killed the Spurs? Hmm, guess it's time to give the rings back.

He killed the Pacers? Record before and after the Golden St trade notwithstanding I suppose, or is this opposite day where losing is winning?

He killed the Warriors? So Baron Davis wanting out and signing with the Clips had no impact and Nellie ticking off Ellis is not an indicator of anything. It was the mysterious "poison" of Jack not wanting to be there, but Ellis not wanting to be there is happy times and chocolate cake.

Yes, give it time. Maybe the Kittens will trade him to Utah, Brown will quit, Wallace will get hurt and they'll go 5-40, thus proving once again that he kills teams.

The legend of the destruction brought on by Jackson grows each day. Meanwhile Nellie and Murphleavy get off scott free, they've never made a situation worse than before they got there and it never got better after they left.

At least hate him for valid reasons if you must.

I mean Peja was here half a year and he killed a playoff series with his "I'm a free agent, I can't risk it" team effort. I once saw Jack playing with a bad back tough it out only to be slammed to the floor with a thud, then get up, walk it off and continue playing (with the Pacers).

According to you there are no valid reasons to hate him.:p

PacerDude
01-14-2010, 10:38 PM
He killed the Spurs?
He killed the Pacers?
He killed the Warriors?
Not exactly sure where I used the work 'killed' or anything similar. Quit trying to twist things - fair enough ?? Just said that there was a honeymoon with each place, followed by reasons to ship him out of town. And my guess would be that nobody (save a rare few) in those towns really misses him at all.

PacerDude
01-14-2010, 10:42 PM
Problems with Jackson:

1) Outside shot is too streaky, not quite high enough FG% overall for what you'd like

2) Emotional in both a good and bad way, and when he stops to yap at refs or yells at the coach it's a distraction

3) Defense can be really good, but it's not always there

4) Not great as a transition guy due to hops partially but also how he works his lane

Oh no, get him off my team.I'll continue ...........

5) Assists psycho in attacking fans in stands.

6) Shoot out at strip club parking lot.

Yeah - get him off my team, out of my city.

Kuq_e_Zi91
01-15-2010, 12:11 AM
I'll continue ...........

5) Assists psycho in attacking fans in stands.

6) Shoot out at strip club parking lot.

Yeah - get him off my team, out of my city.

Would you just stand there and watch while your teammate is getting punched by fans left and right? It's easy to say he escalated the problem by going in the stands, but what else can he do? Either he lets Artest get beat down or he goes to help. Realistically, you can't expect to walk into a melee and play peacekeeper.

There was no "shoot out". He got run over by a car so he fired a shot or two in the air.

The Stephen Jackson hate on here is ridiculous. He's a heck of a ball player and I'm happy for him, that he can play somewhere the fans actually appreciate him.

Bball
01-15-2010, 05:34 AM
I'm glad Sjax has improved his arrest to turnover ratio....

PacerDude
01-15-2010, 06:44 AM
Would you just stand there and watch while your teammate is getting punched by fans left and right? You don't pay attention to these things - do you ??

BillS
01-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Would you just stand there and watch while your teammate is getting punched by fans left and right? It's easy to say he escalated the problem by going in the stands, but what else can he do? Either he lets Artest get beat down or he goes to help. Realistically, you can't expect to walk into a melee and play peacekeeper.

This actually falls in the category of "if your best friend jumped off a cliff would you do so too?"

Sorry, but he'd have been perfectly justified to let Artest get himself out of the mess he got himself into.

ajbry
01-15-2010, 12:03 PM
See what I meant?

Let's go in another direction, shall we...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nba&id=4828120

Jackson's acquisition on Nov. 16 from Golden State was the riskiest move Jordan has signed off on since becoming the team's managing partner in 2006. A superior talent, Jackson had been feuding with Warriors coach Don Nelson. His past includes his role in the infamous brawl in Auburn Hills, Mich., and being accused of firing a gun into the air outside a strip club.

He's been a model teammate so far in Charlotte, giving the Bobcats multiple scoring options.

"Gerald Wallace needed another guy to take some of the pressure off him," Jackson said. "I fit in good in that role. I did it for Baron Davis (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=194) (at Golden State). I made it easy because I'm easy to get along with. I know what it takes to be a great teammate."

It's clear Jackson and Wallace have clicked. When they're not needling each other -- Wallace jumped onto Jackson's back as he was doing an interview Thursday -- they're giving opposing teams fits.

Wallace was averaging 13.7 points before Jackson arrived and 19.3 points since. Despite being just 6-foot-7, Wallace is fourth in the NBA in rebounding at 11.5 per game and a candidate for his first All-Star game.

"I always knew he played hard," Jackson said. "But just to see the other aspects of his game. How great of a rebounder he is. How well of a teammate and a leader he is. How he plays hurt. He's similar to me a lot."

Jackson's endless confidence was on display when he hit 15 of 22 shots and 10 of 11 free throws in the comeback win over Houston. He's averaging 21.1 points in 27 games with Charlotte.

"He opens things up for everybody," Brown said. "He's a willing passer and a terrific passer. So if you double him and you're open he'll get you the ball. And he's a much better defender than you can imagine."