PDA

View Full Version : Spurs offered Parker for Paul?

vnzla81
01-12-2010, 07:55 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=14943

this rumor comes from Chad Ford on ESPN but I don't have insider.

Bold Move In San Antonio?: The San Antonio Spurs are not happy or satisfied with where they stand today. League sources said recently that the Spurs made a pass at New Orleans trying to pry away Chris Paul with an offer that included Tony Parker.

The offer was immediately turned away by the Hornets.

However it is interesting to hear San Antonio would consider parting with Parker, but if it returned Chris Paul the move is easy to justify. Parker has one more season remaining on his deal worth $13.6 million and could be one of the top free agent guards in the summer of 2011.

Pacersfan46
01-12-2010, 11:16 PM
LOL!

I hope the Spurs offered more than just that. That's terrible.

-- Steve --

vnzla81
01-12-2010, 11:19 PM
LOL!

I hope the Spurs offered more than just that. That's terrible.

-- Steve --

I don't think is terrible, I am sure they were sending other pieces as well, at the same time Parker is the one with the championships to show for, they are pretty similar players I think.

Pacersfan46
01-12-2010, 11:28 PM
I don't think is terrible, I am sure they were sending other pieces as well, at the same time Parker is the one with the championships to show for, they are pretty similar players I think.

Put a 25 year old Tim Duncan with Paul and he'll have plenty of championships too. They're not similar. Paul is flat out better.

Paul will go down as one of the best PG's ever. Parker will go down as one of the best sidekicks ever.

-- Steve --

vnzla81
01-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Put a 25 year old Tim Duncan with Paul and he'll have plenty of championships too. They're not similar. Paul is flat out better.

-- Steve --

of course but Parker is not far behind, I also think that there could be a chance for the pacers to make a play for him when his contract expires in 2011 I think

bulldog
01-12-2010, 11:45 PM
I think it's a semi-fair offer if you factor in that New Orleans may lose Paul to free agency/a trade demand sooner or later.

edit: never mind. Tony Parker has 1 year after this left on his contract, CP3 has 3.

Pingu
01-12-2010, 11:46 PM
Paul will go down as one of the best PG's ever. Parker will go down as one of the best sidekicks ever.

The sidekick has a NBA finals MVP.

thelostpacer
01-12-2010, 11:52 PM
i rather paul any day

Pacersfan46
01-12-2010, 11:53 PM
of course but Parker is not far behind, I also think that there could be a chance for the pacers to make a play for him when his contract expires in 2011 I think

We'll have to agree to disagree on that. The only PG in the NBA that Paul isn't light years ahead of right now is Deron Williams. Parker averages nearly or more than HALF the assists, rebounds, and steals as Paul. Add to the fact that Paul is a better shooter by far, and a better defender .... this isn't even in the same area code.

Paul is so far ahead of Parker while being 3 years younger. I see nothing that San Antonio could offer in a package that I would even debate for one tenth of a second to bridge the gap between those 2 players in a trade.

The sidekick has a NBA finals MVP.

And? Austin Croshere played out of his mind in one NBA Finals series too.

-- Steve --

Spirit
01-12-2010, 11:56 PM
I'm sorry but I (in my opinion) think you guys are under rating Parker. He is probably the most versatile point guard in the league. He can pass, get to the line, his midrange jumper is deadly, and he plays defense. Not to mention, he has much better size than Paul does. Paul has many more holes in his game than Parker. His defense is limited to just steals, and his jumper is very inconsistent. Now, he does have the age advantage, but that's the only thing besides a few more assists that he has over Parker.

Now i'm probably going to get bashed for this, but for the Pacers, i'd rather have Parker than Paul.

vnzla81
01-13-2010, 12:06 AM
Tony Parker statistics for last year 22pts and 6.9ast per game, I take that any day. I would take either player anyway ;)

cdash
01-13-2010, 12:12 AM
I'm sorry but I (in my opinion) think you guys are under rating Parker. He is probably the most versatile point guard in the league. He can pass, get to the line, his midrange jumper is deadly, and he plays defense. Not to mention, he has much better size than Paul does. Paul has many more holes in his game than Parker. His defense is limited to just steals, and his jumper is very inconsistent. Now, he does have the age advantage, but that's the only thing besides a few more assists that he has over Parker.

Now i'm probably going to get bashed for this, but for the Pacers, i'd rather have Parker than Paul.

Paul makes the players around him better. The players around Parker make him better. Thanks, I'll take CP3, all day, every day, and twice on gameday.

Squirrelz
01-13-2010, 12:16 AM

You are certifiable. lol sorry

BornReady
01-13-2010, 12:19 AM
pretty sure its a given that paul is far superior to parker...

OakMoses
01-13-2010, 01:14 AM
This just furthers my belief that Parker will be available to the Pacers in 2011 if we want him.

CableKC
01-13-2010, 03:03 AM
This just furthers my belief that Parker will be available to the Pacers in 2011 if we want him.
And how old will he be at the start of the 2011-2012 season?

Pacersfan46
01-13-2010, 03:32 AM
29 I believe without looking. He's 27 right now.

-- Steve --

RomanGabriel
01-13-2010, 08:04 AM
Paul makes the players around him better. The players around Parker make him better. Thanks, I'll take CP3, all day, every day, and twice on gameday.

You can't go wrong with either guy. BTW, Parker is still a young man. On a slightly related note, I'm always surprised that when the great guards are mentioned here one particular fellow is almost always overlooked - Chauncey Billups. Talk about a player who makes his teammates better! I believe he was the #3 pick in the draft, and it took him a few years to finally break through, but after those first tough years he's been as clutch and steady as any guard in the league.

Infinite MAN_force
01-13-2010, 12:08 PM
Paul is only way better than Parker because he is way better than EVERYONE.

My point being, Parker is still really freaking good and probably a top 5 PG. And yes, I really hope we have a chance to sign him in 2011.

Spirit
01-13-2010, 12:20 PM
You are certifiable. lol sorry

And what does this mean? I said opinion. Do you understand english?

Squirrelz
01-13-2010, 06:46 PM
And what does this mean? I said opinion. Do you understand english?
Weren't you expecting to get bashed? :D I was just obliging.

But seriously, no hard feelings, everyone is entitled to their opinions, and I didn't mean to offend you if I did.

Spirit
01-13-2010, 09:02 PM
Weren't you expecting to get bashed? :D I was just obliging.

But seriously, no hard feelings, everyone is entitled to their opinions, and I didn't mean to offend you if I did.

Ohh sorry I didn't know you meant that as a joke. I don't detect sarcasm very well.