PDA

View Full Version : Trade Idea for Foster to Denver

pacergod2
01-11-2010, 05:44 PM
Denver uses its trade exception to send to Houston for Brian Cook.

Cook makes 3.5M as an expiring contract. They then turn around and send him to the Pacers along with Malik Allen and Ronaldo Balkman for Foster.

Yes Balkman has this and three more years remaining on his deal, but the last three years are at 1.675M per year. He is great defensively and can push our team in practice and he can play SF or PF. He would be a bench player for the most part, but he is very athletic and would be the only piece of this deal that we would retain. Plus, we get $5M in savings off next year's salary cap figure.

We would obviously cut Allen and Cook.

Jonathan
01-12-2010, 11:23 AM
I love the deal. Would like it a little more if we could just get Balkman and maybe a late first rounder.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Foster. Solomon Jones has been getting minutes and we have Hansbrough as well.

Balkman is a consumate hustle/ role player. He rebounds and runs the court well.

avoidingtheclowns
01-12-2010, 09:56 PM
I don't think it'd be possible to trade Cook a second time if he's combined with other players.

Anthem
01-12-2010, 10:53 PM
I don't think it'd be possible to trade Cook a second time if he's combined with other players.
Within 24 hours is ok.