PDA

View Full Version : Nets/Mavs Make a Deal (Shawne Williams involved)

Lance George
01-09-2010, 10:53 AM
Nets to trade Najera to Mavs for two players (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ApKJRrO7Kw9LerteiQoXDl.8vLYF?slug=aw-mavsnetstrade010810&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

By Adrian Wojnarowski
10 hours, 31 minutes ago

The New Jersey Nets have agreed to trade Eduardo Najera to the Dallas Mavericks for forwards Kris Humphries and Shawne Williams, sources told Yahoo! Sports Friday night.

The deal wonít be officially completed until Monday, after which the Nets will buy out Williamsí contract. Williams was sent away in training camp by the Mavericks and hasnít played this season.

To open a roster spot, New Jersey will also cut center Sean Williams, who was the 17th pick in the 2007 draft out of Boston College. Williams has been a huge disappointment for the Nets, who believed the 6-foot-10 center had the ability to become one of the NBAís best shot-blockers. The Nets are now determined to move most of the disgruntled veterans out of their locker room. They bought out Rafer Alstonís contract, so he could sign with the Miami Heat.

The Nets have also been seeking a trade for forward Josh Boone, but have thus far been unsuccessful. New Jersey tried to trade Alston and forward Tony Battie to the Knicks for Nate Robinson and Darko Milicic before Christmas, but were rebuffed.

sportfireman
01-09-2010, 10:56 AM
i hope shawn gets it together...............i really liked his play........when he played:rolleyes:

Shade
01-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Sean Williams showed a lot of promise his rookie season. I think we should look to pick him up.

Hicks
01-09-2010, 12:45 PM
So Shawne and Sean will be cut. Hooray for the '06 & '07 17th picks!

Hicks
01-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Sean Williams showed a lot of promise his rookie season. I think we should look to pick him up.

Word is he's being cut because of locker room issues. PASS.

vnzla81
01-09-2010, 12:51 PM
I always like Sean he could be nice.

DrBadd01
01-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Shawne Williams was cut for Sean Williams who will be cut. . . .I LOVE IT!!! ;)

McKeyFan
01-09-2010, 03:31 PM
So Shawne and Sean will be cut. Hooray for the '06 & '07 17th picks!

Kinda weird, isn't it?

Erik
01-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Kinda weird, isn't it?

Not as weird as Gilbert throwing an interception to Arenas in the bowl game the other night.

vnzla81
01-09-2010, 04:21 PM
this is how good this guy is, to bad he is a head case

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOP3YBBKnzc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd2LsTWf6oY&feature=fvsr

blueandgold
01-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Shawne Williams was never ready for the NBA. Honestly don't know if he ever will be. Back in his rookie year, he came over to my house along with a friend of my roommate to buy dope. Kid walks in, and being a pacers fan, I immediately recognize him but wasn't quite sure. They shake hands, do the customary whats up and he goes "I'm Shawne, I play for the Pacers". I almost died laughing inside. This was all prior to his legal situation with getting pulled over with drugs in the car. Wasn't suprised when he got in trouble. Honestly, he's still a kid at heart-probably not ready for the NBA grind, just wants the glitz and glamor that comes with it.

Trophy
01-09-2010, 07:23 PM
I see Shawne Williams playing in the D-League.

Kuq_e_Zi91
01-09-2010, 07:29 PM
No No No No No to Sean Williams. Absolutely no. You thought Shawne was bad.... Sean is a billion times worse. This is coming from someone who still defends Tinsley, Jackson, Artest and those days. Sean Williams is on another level. This dude got kicked out of a D-League game!

http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2009/01/new_jersey_nets_sean_williams_1.html

New Jersey Nets' Sean Williams struggling in D-League
By William J. Sullivan

The word out of Colorado is that Sean Williams is lighting up the D-League.

Like an arsonist might, that is.

The Nets' prodigal son has played in three games for the 14ers, and he hasn't exactly distinguished himself. In fact, according to an NBA official who has consulted with scouts on the scene at the D-League Showcase in Orem, Utah, Williams has already left all the wrong impressions.

Playing small forward -- as per his request when he arrived in Bob McKinnon Jr.'s program -- Williams scored four points in his first game. But Colorado defeated Fort Wayne to improve to 10-3, so the 14ers could live with that.

But that's when the problems began.

In the second game, Williams was thrown out after getting hit with two quick technicals -- with his team down by three points, no less -- and the 14ers lost to Tulsa by seven.

And in his third game -- a four-point loss against Austin at the Showcase -- Williams fouled out in 28 minutes. Worst of all, with scores of scouts and GMs in attendance, he refused to join his teammates in the locker room at halftime -- staying on the bench until there were three minutes left on the clock.

"He's getting what he wanted," the NBA official scout said, "and he's not exactly helping them out. I feel sorry for their team, because he's hurt them since he got there."

PR07
01-10-2010, 01:00 AM
I'm kind of intrigued on Josh Boone. If we move Foster or Murphy, he seems like he could be a nice big to have on the bench to defend and rebound a little bit.

No surprise on Sean Williams though. Looks like he hasn't matured at all, and there were red flags everywhere when he was at BC.

OakMoses
01-10-2010, 01:23 AM
The Nets signing of Najera never made any sense in the first place.

This trade doesn't make sense to me. From what I've seen, the Nets are getting the better player in Humphries.

wintermute
01-10-2010, 12:49 PM
isn't it a luxury tax deal for dallas? the nets absorbing shawne's contract cuts down their luxury tax bill.

you know the economy is bad when even mark cuban's team is looking at minor cost cutting deals.

owl
01-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Shawne Williams was never ready for the NBA. Honestly don't know if he ever will be. Back in his rookie year, he came over to my house along with a friend of my roommate to buy dope. Kid walks in, and being a pacers fan, I immediately recognize him but wasn't quite sure. They shake hands, do the customary whats up and he goes "I'm Shawne, I play for the Pacers". I almost died laughing inside. This was all prior to his legal situation with getting pulled over with drugs in the car. Wasn't suprised when he got in trouble. Honestly, he's still a kid at heart-probably not ready for the NBA grind, just wants the glitz and glamor that comes with it.

So you are/were a dope dealer? You might not want to broadcast that over the public
forum that is Pacersdigest.

MyFavMartin
01-10-2010, 01:04 PM
So you are/were a dope dealer? You might not want to broadcast that over the public

Sounded more like one of his roommates was...

dohman
01-10-2010, 01:06 PM
I hate sean williams but only because I am from illinois.

vnzla81
01-10-2010, 01:13 PM

I was asking the same thing......:rolleyes:

NuffSaid
01-13-2010, 01:11 PM
What? :eek: Are you nuts? Why in the world would you want to take back old, troublesome baggage? You must be a glutton for punishment bad!

NuffSaid
01-13-2010, 01:15 PM
D'oh!?!

Don't think I would have EVER admitted to this story...publicly. :-o

duke dynamite
01-13-2010, 01:30 PM
D'oh!?!

Yeah, umm...yeah.

Having your friends call you out is one thing, but calling yourself out is another...

90'sNBARocked
01-13-2010, 02:02 PM
D'oh!?!

I highly doubt he was scarface, lol

if anything his roomate was probably a nickle/dime man