PDA

View Full Version : Can you feel it?

jmoney2584
01-07-2010, 12:30 AM
With all the random buzz (whether you buy the specifics or not)and the honest state of the team, can anyone REALLY say they don't feel as if a trade is on the way? Let's make this a game. Pretend the Pacers ARE going to make a trade. Predict when (options are: this week, within the month, or at the trade deadline), what are the teams involved, and who the center pieces of the trade are (we'll use the bogus t-mac/granger swap thread posted earlier as an example). Your answer would look like this: Within the next 2 weeks, Houston/Indiana, T-mac/Granger. Anything in that basic format. One trade entry per person. This will be fun to look back on for anyone interested come later Feb.

I'll start: Within 2 weeks, Utah/Indiana, Foster+(young player)/ Paul Milsap.

Sounds silly, but damn if that wouldn't be nice.

graphic-er
01-07-2010, 12:35 AM
With all the random buzz (whether you buy the specifics or not)and the honest state of the team, can anyone REALLY say they don't feel as if a trade is on the way? Let's make this a game. Pretend the Pacers ARE going to make a trade. Predict when (options are: this week, within the month, or at the trade deadline), what are the teams involved, and who the center pieces of the trade are (we'll use the bogus t-mac/granger swap thread posted earlier as an example). Your answer would look like this: Within the next 2 weeks, Houston/Indiana, T-mac/Granger. Anything in that basic format. One trade entry per person. This will be fun to look back on for anyone interested come later Feb.

I'll start: Within 2 weeks, Utah/Indiana, Foster+(young player)/ Paul Milsap.

Sounds silly, but damn if that wouldn't be nice.

Well Utah has to make a decision on Boozer or Milsap. So its not totally out of the question.

Would you do the deal if it was Handsborough as the young player included?

PaceBalls
01-07-2010, 12:40 AM
I am just hoping Larry doesn't trade the wrong players. Imagine if we trade Hibbert, Granger, BRush or DJones and keep Murph, Dunleavy and TJ.

For positive thinking purposes, I will go with Houston/Indiana Murph, TJ + 2 future 2nd rounders for Tmac http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=5368001

I Love P
01-07-2010, 12:45 AM
Played around with multiple teams on ESPN Trade Machine and couldn't find anything besides....

Within 4 weeks, Utah/Indiana, Murphy+Diener for Boozer

BornReady
01-07-2010, 12:47 AM
I am just hoping Larry doesn't trade the wrong players. Imagine if we trade Hibbert, Granger, BRush or DJones and keep Murph, Dunleavy and TJ.

For positive thinking purposes, I will go with Houston/Indiana Murph, TJ + 2 future 2nd rounders for Tmac http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=5368001

LOL no way
nobody is that dumb :P

graphic-er
01-07-2010, 12:51 AM
Played around with multiple teams on ESPN Trade Machine and couldn't find anything besides....

Within 4 weeks, Utah/Indiana, Murphy+Diener for Boozer

Hmmm I cant see Utah wanting Murphy or Diener. They would probably be better of letting Boozer walk at the end of the season rather than taking on extra contracts for another year.

Naptown_Seth
01-07-2010, 01:05 AM
Trade deadline, Cleveland/Indy, Murphy for Big Z

Cleveland can still sign Lebron next year easily, and does have interest in making a run now too just in case. I don't see how CLE can be in the mode of not acquiring talent this year with some thought that next year they'd sign one of the big FA's and keep James. They have to know that if there isn't a sign of hope this year that James will just leave and join one of the big FAs elsewhere instead.

They might even see the move as inevitable, which only makes the need to take a shot at a title this year stronger.

CableKC
01-07-2010, 01:08 AM
Fine...I'll play.......by the end of January, after trying very hard to move Murphy, Dunleavy or Ford for 2009-2010 Expiring Contracts......the Pacers go to Option Z and trade Foster+Diener to the Blazers for Outlaw+Blake to get us $60 mil at the start of the 2010-2011 season with 11 Players.

Hicks
01-07-2010, 01:10 AM
I wish I were "feeling" Ford and Diener for Jack and Banks, but I'm not.

I'm not feeling any trade right now.

Naptown_Seth
01-07-2010, 01:12 AM
Does that mean you just don't feel one that you think is worth guessing at, or that you don't think the team is going to make a deal?

And if no deal, am I right to guess that you think this is because no team will make a deal Bird would be at least partially happy with?

Hicks
01-07-2010, 01:23 AM
Does that mean you just don't feel one that you think is worth guessing at, or that you don't think the team is going to make a deal?

And if no deal, am I right to guess that you think this is because no team will make a deal Bird would be at least partially happy with?

I'm not sure whether or not Bird would rather let this season just play itself out (if he thinks we're already DOA for the year and playoff hopes) or if he would rather try to shake things up to make a run (since the bar has been lowered so much that a horrible team can be an 8th, 7th, 6th seed).

I'm also not sure if what we think is an available trade (like Murphy for Z) is actually available or not.

I'm also not sure if Bird would even want to make such a move even if it were.

It's hard to say.

Sookie
01-07-2010, 03:05 AM
You know, someone really liked Okafor, and the more I think about it, the more it makes since.

Okafor would play well next to any of the bigs, even Murphy *who hopefully would be the one to go.*

Is he overpaid. Yes, he is. But not nearly as much as Murphy, TJ, and Dun are. And he's actually probably worth the money.

Let's be honest. Odds are, there wouldn't be a better option coming to Indy. In terms of what this team needs, and people to trade. As well as free agents. So spend the money on Okafor.

Okafor could play next to Hibbert, and play next to Hans. He's a fantastic step towards better defense in the post..and the fact that New Orleans is trying to trade him...

Troy for Okafor works. I'm not sure whether New Orleans would do this, seeing as getting rid of Okafor is strictly a salary dump.

Something like TJ ford and Brandon Rush for Okafor works as well. Which people might not want to give up Rush *personally I wouldn't want too, usually teams don't just want your crap..not to mention, very good shooting guards grow on trees where as very good post players do not* That actually isn't bad. From what I've seen, Paul does need a backup, and Rush is a cheap good guard. And Okafor is Okafor.

In this case, the team actually would have somewhat of a "big three" which is extremely important in basketball. Hibbert clearly has potential to develope into an extremely good center. Granger, and Okafor. Then add in DJones, Hans, Price, Rush if we get to keep him, Head, Solo maybe..and some younger guys..and that's certainly not a bad team..a little empasis on guards with the improvement amount being how much Price developes, if we keep Rush and how much he developes.

pwee31
01-07-2010, 03:18 AM
Not saying all of these will happen, but I think one of them is likely

Murphy to Cavs Big Z, cash considerations ( released and sign back with Cavs)

Foster and Diener to Blazers for Andre Miller and Jeff Pendergraph.

Ford, Rush to Raps for Calderon and Belinelli

sportfireman
01-07-2010, 03:30 AM
trade anyone except our young guys

BornReady
01-07-2010, 04:11 AM
You know, someone really liked Okafor, and the more I think about it, the more it makes since.

Okafor would play well next to any of the bigs, even Murphy *who hopefully would be the one to go.*

Is he overpaid. Yes, he is. But not nearly as much as Murphy, TJ, and Dun are. And he's actually probably worth the money.

Let's be honest. Odds are, there wouldn't be a better option coming to Indy. In terms of what this team needs, and people to trade. As well as free agents. So spend the money on Okafor.

Okafor could play next to Hibbert, and play next to Hans. He's a fantastic step towards better defense in the post..and the fact that New Orleans is trying to trade him...

Troy for Okafor works. I'm not sure whether New Orleans would do this, seeing as getting rid of Okafor is strictly a salary dump.

Something like TJ ford and Brandon Rush for Okafor works as well. Which people might not want to give up Rush *personally I wouldn't want too, usually teams don't just want your crap..not to mention, very good shooting guards grow on trees where as very good post players do not* That actually isn't bad. From what I've seen, Paul does need a backup, and Rush is a cheap good guard. And Okafor is Okafor.

In this case, the team actually would have somewhat of a "big three" which is extremely important in basketball. Hibbert clearly has potential to develope into an extremely good center. Granger, and Okafor. Then add in DJones, Hans, Price, Rush if we get to keep him, Head, Solo maybe..and some younger guys..and that's certainly not a bad team..a little empasis on guards with the improvement amount being how much Price developes, if we keep Rush and how much he developes.

YES! my thoughts exactly! except please make it troy and not rush :dance:

McKeyFan
01-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Okafur concerns me.

He's supposed to be a defensive stalwart but Larry Brown got rid of him. Hmmmmm.

Putnam
01-07-2010, 01:01 PM
With all the random buzz (whether you buy the specifics or not)and the honest state of the team, can anyone REALLY say they don't feel as if a trade is on the way?

I can. I never draw conclusions from random buzz.

Ozwalt72
01-07-2010, 01:04 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yzjuhgl

Okafor to Pacers, Murphy to Cavs, Ilgauskas to Hornets.

Hornets are after cap relief, Cavs get a nice fit in Murphy, and Pacers get a C/PF that *should* be a great fit with our current team.

Naptown_Seth
01-07-2010, 01:04 PM
I'm not sure whether or not Bird would rather let this season just play itself out (if he thinks we're already DOA for the year and playoff hopes) or if he would rather try to shake things up to make a run (since the bar has been lowered so much that a horrible team can be an 8th, 7th, 6th seed).

I'm also not sure if what we think is an available trade (like Murphy for Z) is actually available or not.

I'm also not sure if Bird would even want to make such a move even if it were.

It's hard to say.
Understandable. The only thing I'd add to this is that I do think Bird would trade for next year just as much as for the playoffs this year. I don't think he'll panic trade now, we saw that with Tinsley for starters. Since the GSW deal the moves have become much more conservative, deals, FAs and draft picks.

Bird (and Morway) have mentioned things like "flexibility" with the roster finances and implied that the deals getting closer to ending was helping that.

McKeyFan
01-07-2010, 01:06 PM
I can. I never draw conclusions from random buzz.

You've got to mix it with "the honest state of the team."

:shrug:

Speed
01-07-2010, 01:07 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yzjuhgl

Okafor to Pacers, Murphy to Cavs, Ilgauskas to Hornets.

Hornets are after cap relief, Cavs get a nice fit in Murphy, and Pacers get a C/PF that *should* be a great fit with our current team.

I like this trade. Only thing is you have to have faith that Okafor is an answer since I think his contract is prohibitive. I mean this is really cashing in a chip, but I like it.

Ozwalt72
01-07-2010, 01:10 PM
I like this trade. Only thing is you have to have faith that Okafor is an answer since I think his contract is prohibitive. I mean this is really cashing in a chip, but I like it.

It would be interesting at least. We'd still have Ford, Dunleavy, and Foster expiring next year so it wouldn't quite be cap killing. We would have the money left over to resign our young guys when the time is up, unless Hibbert explodes and earns Granger money.

pianoman
01-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Alright folks, I think I worked out a decent trade.

New Orleans-Out
Emeka Okafor

New orleans- In
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
2nd rounders from Cleveland and Indiana
Cash from Cleveland

Cleveland-Out
Zydrunas Ilgauskas, 1st and 2nd round draft picks

Cleveland-In
Troy Murphy

Charolette-Out
Dj Augustin

Charolette-In
Travis Diener
1st rd draft pick from Cleveland, 2nd rounder from Indy

Indiana- Out
Troy Murphy
Travis Diener

Indiana- In
Emeka Okafor
DJ Augustin

Why for New Orleans?
Pure salary dump for them. They buy out Z, and get 2 2nd rounders.

Why for Cleveland?
They get their man in Troy Murphy. They sacrifice much in terms of draft picks, and cash, but it's to win a championship

Why for Charolette?
They trade their backup for a servicable backup in Travis, plus they get 2 draft picks.

Why for Indiana?
We become competitive, and push for the playoffs.

and this trade works in the trade checker.
http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=5368515

Ozwalt72
01-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Alright folks, I think I worked out a decent trade.

Why for New Orleans?
Pure salary dump for them. They buy out Z, and get 2 2nd rounders.

Why for Cleveland?
They get their man in Troy Murphy. They sacrifice much in terms of draft picks, and cash, but it's to win a championship

Why for Charolette?
They trade their backup for a servicable backup in Travis, plus they get 2 draft picks.

Why for Indiana?
We become competitive, and push for the playoffs.

and this trade works in the trade checker.
http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=5368515

And I really thought my 3 team trade would be pushing it.

pianoman
01-07-2010, 01:51 PM
And I really thought my 3 team trade would be pushing it.

I was just trying to build off of yours:laugh:

Ozwalt72
01-07-2010, 01:56 PM
I was just trying to build off of yours:laugh:

Oh, no offense btw, I was just thinking. Mine was borderline trade forum itself though. I think this thread is more of a prediction thread. Call the trade that you think will happen, not the trade that makes the most sense.

McKeyFan
01-07-2010, 02:09 PM
If Felton is a free agent this summer, I don't see Charlotte parting with Augustin.

Sookie
01-07-2010, 02:26 PM
YES! my thoughts exactly! except please make it troy and not rush :dance:

hmmm...

The

Murphy to Cleveland
Z to New Orleans
and Okafor to Indiana

would be REALLY nice.

As for Rush. I really like Rush, obviously he's someone we'd all like to keep, especially because of his defense.

However. Okafor is a better player than Rush will probably ever be. So if we have to give him up, it wouldn't be the end of the world. Because like I said, good shooting guards grow on trees. Still, the trade above seems reasonable, and everyone gets what they want. :D

gummy
01-07-2010, 02:36 PM
hmmm...

As for Rush. I really like Rush, obviously he's someone we'd all like to keep, especially because of his defense.

However. Okafor is a better player than Rush will probably ever be. So if we have to give him up, it wouldn't be the end of the world. Because like I said, good shooting guards grow on trees. Still, the trade above seems reasonable, and everyone gets what they want. :D

Interesting. I'm undecided on whether or not I like this trade overall.

However, I want to ask - do shooting guards with the tools to be elite defenders really grow on trees? Or is it that shooting guards who can put up a decent number of points grow on trees? I always thought it was the latter and in Rush with have a guy who is the former but will sometimes breakout for a good scoring night.

To my mind the fact that scoring two guards are a dime a dozen has always made Rush's defense at that position seem even more valuable. Not to mention the fact that he is big and long enough to guard some SF's successfully as well.

Sookie
01-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Interesting. I'm undecided on whether or not I like this trade overall.

However, I want to ask - do shooting guards with the tools to be elite defenders really grow on trees? Or is it that shooting guards who can put up a decent number of points grow on trees? I always thought it was the latter and in Rush with have a guy who is the former but will sometimes breakout for a good scoring night.

To my mind the fact that scoring two guards are a dime a dozen has always made Rush's defense at that position seem even more valuable. Not to mention the fact that he is big and long enough to guard some SF's successfully as well.

Pesronally, I think it goes both ways.

I think there are a lot of defensive minded shooting guards.
But then you can add into the fact that we have DJones, so even if we got a good shooting guard that was primarily an offensive threat, DJones has the team covered.

Everybody wants to trade in a way that we keep what we want, and we get something good. It doesn't work that way. No one wants our junk. A TJ + Rush for Okafor trade is still heavily in our favor, but it's really counting on the idea that New Orleans just wants to get rid of Okafor's contract.

Like I said, I personally like the Z to New Orleans, Murph to Cleveland, Okafor to Indiana deal, a lot. And I don't see why it isn't workable. Cleveland wants Murphy. New Olreans wants cap relief. And Indiana gets Okafor without losing any of their young guys. But Indiana has to realize what they are doing in that circumstance. Which is, that big money coming off the books for 2011, most of it is going to Okafor. He's the peice we chose. I think he's a really good fit. And I don't believe we're going to strike gold with Wall, ro get anyone better off of free agency.

Kid Minneapolis
01-07-2010, 02:57 PM
We get "random buzz" every year, seems like. Usually never comes to fruition. Not getting my hopes up.

Anthem
01-07-2010, 02:57 PM
I don't see any need for us to pursue Okafor given his high contract.

I'd be looking for two things: shedding salary and picking up cheap talent. If there are a lot of questions as to someone's worth what they're making, we shouldn't be targeting them.

gummy
01-07-2010, 02:58 PM
Pesronally, I think it goes both ways.

I think there are a lot of defensive minded shooting guards.
But then you can add into the fact that we have DJones, so even if we got a good shooting guard that was primarily an offensive threat, DJones has the team covered.

DJones is a good defensive player but he struggles and fouls quite a bit against bigger guards. NBA.com says DJones and Rush are the same height and weight but Rush looks much bigger to many of us and certainly has a longer wingspan. So I'm not sold on the idea that DJones would have us covered out there. I think Rush and DJones work well as a defensive unit.

I'm not opposed to moving Rush as a general principle, just trying to think the impact on our D through.

Wylder1324
01-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Ok so Ive def been an advocate of bringing in Okafor here. Im in the corner that with bringing in Okafor yes it does have an amount of risk with his longer contract, but with the rest of our expirings we would still have enough to resigns the young guns as well as bring in one other FA. Im going to build a little on the 3 team player per team swap.

Indy gets:
1 - Okafor
2 - Julian Wright

Cleveland gets:
1 - Murphy
2 - James Posey

NO gets:
1 - Big Z
2 - TJ Ford
3 - Jamario Moon
4 - Jawad Williams (just to make roster limits work for cavs)

For Indiana I think we need to get a guy like Wright to sweeten the deal on taking a chance on the big contract of Okafor. He hasnt done much to prove himself yet, but hes still an intriguing young guy who comes cheap. At worst he could be nice value to sweeten a deal to make another trade happen at a later date. I think Emeka really solidifies us downlow defensively. It also alows us to take a flyer on a high risk high reward big guy in the draft if we decide to do so without any expectation on returns to soon.

For Cleveland its pretty obvious. They get Murphy as there spread offense player, and Posey can guard the Rashard Lewis's that gave the Cavs fits in last years playoffs, as well as a proven winner and big time shot maker. They also resign Z when NO buys him out.

NO hits the jackpot when it comes to salary dumps. They do take on TJ, but they get rid of 2 long term deals in Okafor and Posey. Pretty low rist high reward gig.

Closing thought.....and this is where it starts to get a little more silly but maybe we agree to take on Peja or Petersons deal and get NO 1st rounder and send them Foster in the deal as well. Its not like Peja/or Petersons deal hurts us in our future plan it still expires w/Duns.....gives us more options on th draft cause if we end up with a pick in the 5-10 rank NO prolly gets one in the 10-18 range......those 2 1st rounder plus the 2 2nd rounders could come in real handy getting th 1 or 2 guys we really want in the draft this summer....I know this is a lot of players, and 3 teams involved that would all need to agree which is hard enough when its just the 1 player per team type of deal listed before.....but this seems to be a win for all teams involved. Who knows might even be able to wrangle their 1st rounder out of them without that last pipedream part of the deal with the kinds of savings they net just off jettisoning Okafor/Posey's deals.

Sookie
01-07-2010, 03:09 PM
DJones is a good defensive player but he struggles and fouls quite a bit against bigger guards. NBA.com says DJones and Rush are the same height and weight but Rush looks much bigger to many of us and certainly has a longer wingspan. So I'm not sold on the idea that DJones would have us covered out there. I think Rush and DJones work well as a defensive unit.

I'm not opposed to moving Rush as a general principle, just trying to think the impact on our D through.

Depending on the player, I think we could lose some defense at the shooting guard with Rush, but I also think the combination of still having Jones and replacing Okafor with Murphy would be such a vast improvement defensively that Rush's Defense wouldn't be missed as much.

The biggest thing with Okafor is his contract. And truthfully that all depends on what Indiana is trying to do. Are they trying to get something through free Agent or Trade..and that's how we'll build the team. Then Okafor is a good option. Because I don't think anyone better is gonna sign here as a free Agent. And I don't think we could possibly get anyone better via trade. Especially a piece that would fit so well with Hans and Hibbert. If however, Indiana wants to build their team with young talant, primarily through the draft. Then I think Okafor might not be the best option.

Wylder1324
01-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Depending on the player, I think we could lose some defense at the shooting guard with Rush, but I also think the combination of still having Jones and replacing Okafor with Murphy would be such a vast improvement defensively that Rush's Defense wouldn't be missed as much.

The biggest thing with Okafor is his contract. And truthfully that all depends on what Indiana is trying to do. Are they trying to get something through free Agent or Trade..and that's how we'll build the team. Then Okafor is a good option. Because I don't think anyone better is gonna sign here as a free Agent. And I don't think we could possibly get anyone better via trade. Especially a piece that would fit so well with Hans and Hibbert. If however, Indiana wants to build their team with young talant, primarily through the draft. Then I think Okafor might not be the best option.

The only thing about building with just young talent from the draft, is that we already have a franchise or borderline in Granger who is getting into his prime years, if we dont bring in some other ready players now to supplement the young talent we bring in Granger will be wasted anyway.

Lance George
01-07-2010, 05:15 PM
I went back and forth on Okafor, but after much internal debate I think I'd pull the trigger. Four reasons why I'd bring in Okafor...

I) He's Healthy
He's had one injury plagued season, his second, where he played in just 26 games. Outside of that season, he's played in 337 out of 361 games (93.4%), and hasn't missed a game in almost three years (3/24/07).

II) He's Productive on Both Ends
He averages just under 11 boards and two blocks for his career. That means he's a top-10 shot blocker and arguably a top-five rebounder. He's also one of the league's top offensive rebounders. On top of that, he's also a respectable scorer, averaging 13.7 ppg for his career while shooting over 50% from the field. Production-wise, he's basically Dale Davis with more offense. How can Pacer fans not love that?

III) He's a Stand-Up Guy
To my knowledge he's had no notable incidents, on or off the court, in his NCAA and NBA career. He operates a charity organization called African Initiative to Save Lives (http://www.onemillionafricanlives.org/):

NBA Star and 2005 Rookie of the Year Emeka Okafor has partnered with Safe Blood for Africa Foundation to create the One Million African Lives Initiative (MLI) as a means to fight the rise of HIV infections through blood transfusions in Sub-Saharan Africa. Having visited Nigeria many times throughout his life, the country where his parents were born, Emeka has witnessed firsthand the devastating toll caused by HIV-infected blood transfusions.
He also operates Emeka’s Achievers where he buys tickets for young fans, and was a two-time Academic All-American while at UConn. He's the type of person that Pacer fans (or any fans for that matter) want to cheer for.

IV) He's Young
He just turned 27 in September, which means he's seven months older than Danny. If all went well, they'd both be major building blocks for the team for the next 5-10 years. Granger, Okafor, Hibbert, and Hansbrough would give us a lot of frontcourt talent to build with. We could then focus almost entirely on the backcourt, including picking up a guard in the draft (preferably Wall or Turner).

Wylder1324
01-07-2010, 05:29 PM
Totaly agree with you GrangeRusHibbert. I would totaly bring him over. As far as him being a standup guy I have never heard anything other than just that. He is VERY intelligent I forget what his GPA was at UCON but I want to say it was between 3.5-4.0 and I think he graduated sooner than 4 years. He is very well spoken. I would love to see this trade happen. I would love it even more if we ended up with NO draft pick out of the deal as well. Then if we cant find a way to get JWall we can pick up a guy like Turner or Xavier McDaniel along with another big prospect in a guy like Demarcus Cousins or Greg Monroe. Go get Emeka Larry!

McKeyFan
01-07-2010, 06:19 PM
Can somebody tell us why Larry Brown didn't want to keep someone with such a defensive reputation?

speakout4
01-07-2010, 06:45 PM
I'm not for taking on guys with long expensive contracts-four or more years. Everytime lately the Pacers have done so they wanted to rid themselves of the player in question.
In no particular order
JO
Tinsley
Bender
Murphy
Dun
Ford
Harrington

The exception
Foster

DrFife
01-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Can somebody tell us why Larry Brown didn't want to keep someone with such a defensive reputation?

In the team's season's-end video last May, LB basically said he was disappointed that Okafor didn't have more passion for the game, i.e., didn't work on his offense more. At this point in Okafor's career, then, I think we can safely conclude, "What we see is at best what we get."

Nevertheless, I can't wipe the smirk off my face from replaying clear mental images of Okafor repeatedly getting clean, complete-hand-on-the-ball blocks on JO when the ball had barely left JO's hand.

I used to get irritated by those images. Now I just smirk. :rolleyes:

Pacerized
01-07-2010, 08:41 PM
I don't have a feel for any trade right now, but I'd love to see either Murphy or Dun traded for Kamen.
I still think the best way for the Pacers to proceed is to trade 2 of our 2011 expiring contracts for players that we know would be part of a long term plan involving Danny and our younger players. I don't care if this trade is made this year or next, and I don't care how long the contracts are. I'm not afraid of longer contracts if they're at the right price for the right players. I don't think anyone looks at Danny's contract and wishes it were shorter. I feel good that he's locked down for the future. I'd love to get a few players on the team that I feel the same way about instead of looking forward to the day their contracts expire. If we traded just right to be over the cap but far enough below the LT to use our full MLE when Tinsley finally comes off the books, I think would give us our best chance of having the most talent on the team for the 2011/2012 season.

DaveP63
01-07-2010, 08:47 PM
I sense a disturbance in the force but I don't know if it's real or just wishful thinking. I'd take Okafor...But we'll probably end up with more smurfs to shoot contested threes...:-p

sportfireman
01-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Okafur concerns me.

He's supposed to be a defensive stalwart but Larry Brown got rid of him. Hmmmmm.

very good point........maybe he has attitude problems:confused:

sportfireman
01-07-2010, 09:39 PM
I'm not for taking on guys with long expensive contracts-four or more years. Everytime lately the Pacers have done so they wanted to rid themselves of the player in question.
In no particular order
JO
Tinsley
Bender
Murphy
Dun
Ford
Harrington

The exception
Foster

you can add croshere to that list and take bender off

Ballerzfan
01-07-2010, 10:14 PM
I agree that with Okafor what you see is what you get. I also agree with the statement that shooting guards grow on trees. With those things both said, IF Rush were to be traded I think we'd have to get a tougher inside force to go along with our current roster. If you give up some athleticism and defense on the perimeter, you better be able to defend the paint better than we currently do. If not, you're turning our defensive scheme into something seen during the NBA All-Star game.

Sookie
01-07-2010, 11:04 PM

Because truthfully, Larry Brown does some weird stuff, and has favorites.

There's stories about Brown forcing a team to trade a player for another player, and then a week later Larry not wanting that player.

With Okafor, what you see is completely what you get. He's a hard worker, that's how he got where he is.

btw, he graduated with a 3.95 GPA in 3 years. Very smart guy. But that's not really a reason to trade for him.

Reasons to trade for him..do you think you could get something better for what Okafor's worth, then you don't think about it, because that is a lot of money. But if Okafor's talent level is what you were planning on getting via free agency. Then he's a guy you'd want.

speakout4
01-07-2010, 11:07 PM
you can add croshere to that list and take bender off
Why take bender off? His contract was long and he was non-productive.

sportfireman
01-08-2010, 12:29 AM
Why take bender off? His contract was long and he was non-productive.

because IMO it wasn't bender's fault he had real problems where as the other's didnt perform up to their contract................. plus didn't the league grant us money back on bender's contract because of his situation?

duke dynamite
01-08-2010, 12:33 AM
because IMO it wasn't bender's fault he had real problems where as the other's didnt perform up to their contract................. plus didn't the league grant us money back on bender's contract because of his situation?
Bender could've made something of himself. He just did it in the wrong driveway.

KnicksRGarbage
01-08-2010, 01:09 AM
Poor Bender man. I think we got the old "McDonalds Silver Coin Curse." Anyone else have one of these things? Had Bender's face on the front of it. Something that I'm sure wasnt important at all on the back..
I think it was Mickey D's.. Could def b wrong about that one. Nonetheless, he was cursed by the coin. No question. I've a feeling!

Tom White
01-08-2010, 10:31 AM
In no particular order
JO
Tinsley
Bender
Murphy
Dun
Ford
Harrington

The exception
Foster

In fairness, and it may just be your wording, the Pacers didn't "take on" long term contracts with about half of those guys. The Pacers were the ones who created the long term contracts. I'm speaking of JO, Tinsley and Bender.

Tom White
01-08-2010, 10:33 AM
I sense a disturbance in the force but I don't know if it's real or just wishful thinking.

It is probably just gas. It'll pass.

sportfireman
01-08-2010, 10:52 AM
In fairness, and it may just be your wording, the Pacers didn't "take on" long term contracts with about half of those guys. The Pacers were the ones who created the long term contracts. I'm speaking of JO, Tinsley and Bender.

and Croshere:hmm:

Brad8888
01-08-2010, 04:38 PM
I can feel it, coming in the air tonight, oh Lord

KnicksRGarbage
01-08-2010, 04:53 PM
BOM, BOM, BOM, BOM!! BOM BOM, CRASH!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
intense dramatic drums :D