PDA

View Full Version : Dahntay Yelling at Rush?

Drewtone
01-06-2010, 10:12 AM
Did anybody catch this on the broadcast last night? Early 4th quarter when one of the Magic was on a fast break and I believe Jones and Watson got back with Jones blocking his shot and Watson tipping out of bounds. As the other players got there, Dahntay was yelling at Rush... couldn't tell if it was 'pumped up' or yelling. Looked like he was yelling at him 'to get back quicker', though on replay, it didn't look like he was dragging.

sportfireman
01-06-2010, 10:25 AM
i saw it......he was pumped up yelling at watson after the block.........it looked like he was saying ":censored: ****i got yo' back ****:censored:"

duke dynamite
01-06-2010, 10:26 AM
Teamwork is a disease that is slowly catching on I've seen. But you'll have more of that when the game is in reach.

graphic-er
01-06-2010, 10:56 AM
Jones is the closest thing we have to a leader. I remember last night he gathered all the players on the court in the 4 qtr to give a quick a pep talk before some foul shots. I believe we were up by 4 at that point.

PacerGuy
01-06-2010, 11:00 AM
Jones is the closest thing we have to a leader. I remember last night he gathered all the players on the court in the 4 qtr to give a quick a pep talk before some foul shots. I believe we were up by 4 at that point.

Was that before or after he missed 2 of 2 (again!) w/ < 1 min. left?

McKeyFan
01-06-2010, 11:04 AM
Yelling at each other, whether cheering or complaining, is ultimately a good thing. It's when they stop yelling at each other that real trouble is afoot.

PacerGuy
01-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Yelling at each other, whether cheering or complaining, is ultimately a good thing. It's when they stop yelling at each other that real trouble is afoot.

Does this only apply to 5 game winning streaks, or is this good all season regardless of the outcome?

McKeyFan
01-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Does this only apply to 5 game winning streaks, or is this good all season regardless of the outcome?

It applies when players are on the court that are worth the time and energy to yell at.

CableKC
01-06-2010, 11:30 AM
i saw it......he was pumped up yelling at watson after the block.........it looked like he was saying ":censored: ****i got yo' back ****:censored:"
When you say that you "saw it", do you mean you were at the game and saw it?

or

Do you mean that you saw it on TV?

The reason I ask is that you only see part of the picture when you're watching it on TV cuz you're only seeing what is broadcasted. If you're at the game....then you can see more of what actually happened.

CableKC
01-06-2010, 11:42 AM
IMHO....I guess it all comes down to intention, how well BRush knows Inferno and whether BRush takes it as "He's trying to help me/us/Team by showing me ( in his own "upfront, unique and in your face" way ) how to improve this Team and my game" or "WhyTF is he yelling at me and treating me like a rookie Player when I'm just doing my thing".

I'd hope that BRush ( as a defensive minded Player ) takes it as the "former"....specifically a "teaching" moment ( and this is the way that Inferno "teaches" ) as opposed to the "latter" where he gets irritated by the way that Inferno is talking to him.

Mr. Sobchak
01-06-2010, 12:11 PM
I was at the game and it looked like Dahntay was just fired up about blocking the shot...IIRC Brandon was smiling after what he said but I guess that could go either way.

Drewtone
01-06-2010, 12:24 PM
I was at the game and it looked like Dahntay was just fired up about blocking the shot...IIRC Brandon was smiling after what he said but I guess that could go either way.

Yeah, I couldn't tell either way, could have been that. In light of recent dicsussions on him 'calling people out', it just drew my attention. Regardless, Brandon didn't look affected by that throughout the rest of the game.

Peck
01-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Teamwork is a disease that is slowly catching on I've seen. But you'll have more of that when the game is in reach.

Don't worry, the cure for the disease will return in a couple of games, maybe even the next one.

Sookie
01-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Don't worry, the cure for the disease will return in a couple of games, maybe even the next one.

I think the teammwork aspect had more to do with TJ than Murphy, personally.

Murphy's the cure for team defense.

BillS
01-06-2010, 01:44 PM
I think the teammwork aspect had more to do with TJ than Murphy, personally.

Murphy's the cure for team defense.

No, Murphy is the cure for individual defense.

He creates the need for team defense.

sportfireman
01-06-2010, 01:49 PM
When you say that you "saw it", do you mean you were at the game and saw it?

or

Do you mean that you saw it on TV?

The reason I ask is that you only see part of the picture when you're watching it on TV cuz you're only seeing what is broadcasted. If you're at the game....then you can see more of what actually happened.

i saw it on tv, the camera never changed and it followed them the whole time.

Speed
01-06-2010, 01:52 PM
i saw it on tv, the camera never changed and it followed them the whole time.

I have it DVR'd, about what time in the game was it? I'll go over it like the zupruder film.

Bball
01-06-2010, 02:53 PM
Maybe he was yelling "Take THAT, Kravitz!"

count55
01-06-2010, 02:59 PM
I have it DVR'd, about what time in the game was it? I'll go over it like the zupruder film.

Back and to the left.

(Separately, Slick chided Rush at least a couple times in the second half last night for completely losing Redick.)

sportfireman
01-06-2010, 03:47 PM

im not sure of the exact time but there was a bad pass that was stolen and jones and watson rushed backed to defend the fastbreak layup.

hope that helps.

Speed
01-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Back and to the left.

I almost wrote that, but didn't know if anyone would get it. Excellent.

Speed
01-06-2010, 03:59 PM
im not sure of the exact time but there was a bad pass that was stolen and jones and watson rushed backed to defend the fastbreak layup.

hope that helps.

I'm thinking end of 3rd, beginning of 4th.

gummy
01-06-2010, 04:00 PM

I saw it too (on TV) and at first I thought "Wow!" from what I could hear it sounded like "You get.....then" and it seemed aggressive. But then I saw Brandon smiling and Dahntay tapped Brandon on the chest in a friendly way just a few seconds later. Based on that order or operations I'd guess DJones was just fired up and sharing, but even if there was something critical about it, Brandon took it fine and it was over in seconds.

Drewtone
01-06-2010, 04:12 PM
I'm thinking end of 3rd, beginning of 4th.

I think it was the 1st 5 minutes or so of the 4th.... was in a hurry out the door this morning and erased.

sportfireman
01-06-2010, 04:16 PM
http://www.nba.com/games/20100105/ORLIND/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0020900499

this maybe it........ its the 4th quarter 08:58 Watson Turnover : Bad Pass (2 TO) Steal:Anderson (1 ST) 08:54
Anderson Layup Shot: Missed Block: Jones (1 BLK)

Naptown_Seth
01-06-2010, 04:24 PM
Yeah, I couldn't quite hear it but it wasn't anger at Rush as far as I could tell.

I said in the post-game thread that one of the best plays of the night was seeing Rush and Jones effortlessly switch when the Magic tried to get some space with a Vince-Lewis pick. Rush and Jones read it before it even happened and were way ahead of them getting to spots.

IMO that's been all year long, those 2 play good defense together, they look very coordinated in their strategy.

Dr. Awesome
01-06-2010, 07:29 PM

I disagree, I think Hibbert is a better leader. Hibbert has made a lot of strides and is always trying to pump everyone up.

I did like seeing Jones get fired up like that though.

BlueNGold
01-06-2010, 09:58 PM
It applies when players are on the court that are worth the time and energy to yell at.

McKeyFan - your work on this board has been admirable. I think I'll stop posting and just read yours.