PDA

View Full Version : Several GMs Show Interest in Murphy and Foster

MillerTime
01-05-2010, 06:04 PM
J (Indy)

Any hope in sight for the Pacers? Trades or firings?
Chad Ford
(1:14 PM)

No one is getting fired. However, I do think you'll see them be very active. The benching of TJ Ford was a signal, I believe, that they are going to start giving their young guys more time and look to sell of some vets for a combination of cap relief, draft picks and young players. Troy Murphy and Jeff Foster are the two guys on their roster that a lot of GMs have interest in. I suspect both will be gone by the trade deadline. They both have a lot of value to contenders -- Murphy for his ability to spread the floor and to rebound. Foster as a mobile big who can defend players like Pau Gasol. I've talked to several GMs who have shown a lot of interest ... so there's hope.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/30208
ESPN
By: Chad Ford

se7en
01-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Who are the potential destinations?

Daniel33
01-05-2010, 06:10 PM
I was just about to post this aswell.

I hate to read that Foster will maybe leave us but I'm fine with the future plans Ford is describing! If we stack our roster with some young guys and maybe some draft picks I can see some hope as of now, I'm just waiting someone to change something.

Naptown_Seth
01-05-2010, 06:12 PM
The Troy for Z deal seems to be sitting on a platter for both sides right now. Anything can happen, but if this ends up being a trade I'll be the least surprised ever by a trade.

se7en
I was just about to post this aswell.

I hate to read that Foster will maybe leave us but I'm fine with the future plans Ford is describing! If we stack our roster with some young guys and maybe some draft picks I can see some hope as of now, I'm just waiting someone to change something.

Same here. I'd like to get some young talent and dump some salaries, mainly Murphy's.

You ever sit back and think, "I wouldn't want to be David Morway right now?"

Dr. Awesome
Who are the potential destinations?

I would think Cleveland for Murphy would be one, while Dallas and Denver would be two guesses for Foster.

pwee31
I hear 2 teams. DL and IR have been really inquiring about Pacer players.

Oops.. I just realized those aren't NBA team initials

se7en
The Troy for Z deal seems to be sitting on a platter for both sides right now. Anything can happen, but if this ends up being a trade I'll be the least surprised ever by a trade.

When is Z's contract up?

Dr. Awesome
01-05-2010, 06:14 PM

The big factor though is whether or not the Pacers will get a 1st or Hickson with him. I think theres less than a 2% chance we'll get Hickson, but if Cleveland wants us to buy Z out so they can resign him, they might throw us their late first with some cash.

Dr. Awesome
01-05-2010, 06:15 PM
I hear 2 teams. DL and IR have been really inquiring about Pacer players.

Oops.. I just realized those aren't NBA team initials

That was after the Fort Wayne Mad Ants refused to take any of the players...

se7en
01-05-2010, 06:19 PM
The big factor though is whether or not the Pacers will get a 1st or Hickson with him. I think theres less than a 2% chance we'll get Hickson, but if Cleveland wants us to buy Z out so they can resign him, they might throw us their late first with some cash.

I'd welcome that. Especially if Z's contract is up which I really have no clue on.

mrknowname
01-05-2010, 06:21 PM
foster for outlaw and bayless ;)

esabyrn333
01-05-2010, 06:21 PM
When is Z's contract up?

This year.... he would probably be bought out if we get him. I would think we would get thier 1st round pick in the deal

It seems to simple and obvious for the Cavs not to do this. It would almost surely make them the favorite in the east

Anthem
01-05-2010, 06:22 PM
I'd welcome that. Especially if Z's contract is up which I really have no clue on.
Yeah, it ends in May. It would be a worthwhile trade for us even if we got nothing back.

I imagine both teams are saving up until they get closer to the All-Star break... if LeBron breaks his leg next week then they don't want to be tied into Troy's contract, and the Pacers probably don't want to lose him out of the rotation until they know Danny's back and Tyler's ready to go.

CableKC
01-05-2010, 06:23 PM
This was brought up in the TJ Ford thread.....but I'll "bump" it to this thread...since the other one has devolved into a "Murphy and Fatoine comparison" debate. :rolleyes:

It was mentioned by Chad Ford that Foster would make the most sense for a Playoff Team looking for a solid RolePlayer Big Man that can provide some solid Defense and Rebounding against Gasol. The question then becomes....what Playoff Bound Teams would be interested in a Big Man Rebounding Defender like Foster that has an 2009-2010 Expiring Contract that is priced between $4.9mil to 7.59 mil for the 2009-2010 season?

BornReady
01-05-2010, 06:23 PM
this is good news :D

vnzla81
01-05-2010, 06:26 PM

I hope this happens

esabyrn333
01-05-2010, 06:26 PM
foster for outlaw and bayless ;)

Portland is looking for a big guy with Oden and Pryzbilla out

This works for me a PG to help Price develop and a young Euro prospect that could develop into something special.

Sorry its not in the trade section

<TABLE class=breakdowntable width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TH colSpan=2 scope=col>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR><TD class=photo>http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Miller_Andre_por.jpg </TD><TD>Andre Miller
0-0 from
11.7 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 4.8 apg in 28.0 minutes </TD></TR><TR><TD class=photo>http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Koponen_Petteri_por.jpg </TD><TD class=even>Petteri Koponen
0-0 from
No games yet played in 2009-2010 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=breakdowntable width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TH colSpan=2 scope=col>Outgoing Players</TH></TR><TR><TD class=photo>http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Foster_Jeff_ind.jpg </TD><TD>Jeff Foster
6-11 C from Southwest Texas State
3.1 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 1.3 apg in 15.8 minutes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=photo>http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Diener_Travis_ind.jpg </TD><TD class=even>Travis Diener
6-1 PG from Marquette
3.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, 1.0 apg in 10.4 minutes</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

se7en
01-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Yeah, it ends in May. It would be a worthwhile trade for us even if we got nothing back.

I imagine both teams are saving up until they get closer to the All-Star break... if LeBron breaks his leg next week then they don't want to be tied into Troy's contract, and the Pacers probably don't want to lose him out of the rotation until they know Danny's back and Tyler's ready to go.

Yeah I'd take that in a heart beat. I wouldn't hold out for a pick, I'd take the salary dump and be done with it.

se7en
01-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Speaking of Euro's, how are ours doing? Ever going to play here?

vnzla81
01-05-2010, 06:31 PM
This was brought up in the TJ Ford thread.....but I'll "bump" it to this thread...since the other one has devolved into a "Murphy and Fatoine comparison" debate. :rolleyes:

It was mentioned by Chad Ford that Foster would make the most sense for a Playoff Team looking for a solid RolePlayer Big Man that can provide some solid Defense and Rebounding against Gasol. The question then becomes....what Playoff Bound Teams would be interested in a Big Man Rebounding Defender like Foster that has an 2009-2010 Expiring Contract that is priced between $4.9mil to 7.59 mil for the 2009-2010 season?

Denver,San Antonio, Trail Blazers, Houston, Utah I am sure that there is more teams interested in him.

CableKC
01-05-2010, 06:35 PM
count55, how much under the 2009-2010 Luxury Tax are we?

I recall that at the end of the season......if a Team is under the Luxury Tax, there is a certain amount of $$$ that is sent back to those Teams from all the $$$ earned from the Teams that had Salary that exceed the Luxury Tax. Does it make a difference in the amount of $$$ that a Team is under the Luxury Tax?

If a Team is under the LT by $1....would that Team get the same amount of $$$ that a Team that is under the LT by $3,000,000?

I'm trying to figure out how much we need to send out and how much we can take back in any trade. It seems like we have to now scour the Earth for Expiring Contracts...having an idea about how much we can take in and send out would be a good starting point to draw up possible destinations for Teams that would be interested in Foster and Murphy.

cordobes
01-05-2010, 06:41 PM
I'm not sure if I believe this re: Foster. I think he has to show fitness and form before anyone trades for him. If he does, I wouldn't mind to get him in Boston.

Speaking of Euro's, how are ours doing? Ever going to play here?

Lorbek is a very nice player who would make the rotation of a majority of NBA clubs right now. Barac is probably having his best season so far, which still leaves him as a solid backup for a top European team (his current role) and nothing else. Difficult to see him progress what he needs to make the NBA.

BTW, to trade for one of the Blazers' stashed Euros, Joel Freeland is the way to go.

CableKC
01-05-2010, 06:45 PM

This works for me a PG to help Price develop and a young Euro prospect that could develop into something special.

<TABLE class=breakdowntable width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TH colSpan=2 scope=col>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR><TD class=photo>http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Miller_Andre_por.jpg </TD><TD>Andre Miller
0-0 from
11.7 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 4.8 apg in 28.0 minutes </TD></TR><TR><TD class=photo>http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Koponen_Petteri_por.jpg </TD><TD class=even>Petteri Koponen
0-0 from
No games yet played in 2009-2010 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=breakdowntable width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TH colSpan=2 scope=col>Outgoing Players</TH></TR><TR><TD class=photo>http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Foster_Jeff_ind.jpg </TD><TD>Jeff Foster
3.1 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 1.3 apg in 15.8 minutes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=photo>http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Diener_Travis_ind.jpg </TD><TD class=even>Travis Diener
6-1 PG from Marquette
Although this would be nice ( in theory ), I would suspect that the 1st priority of any trade involving of the Big 4 Contracts would be to clear 2010-2011 Salary Cap....specifically getting back an 2009-2010 Expiring Contract.

I would certainly consider this IF we had a deal in place to move Ford ( specifically ), Dunleavy or Murphy for an Expiring Contract.....but if we can't move any of them....then I would have to hold off on considering this just to see if we can get an Expiring Contract for Foster. Of the Big 4 Contracts, Foster is the easiest to move.

ksuttonjr76
01-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't mind the younger Drew Gooden for Foster if/when Murphy is gone. Hibbert needs a banging PF beside him in the post to make him even more effective. Honestly, Indiana will probably buyout Big Z's contract, so Cleveland can resign him to backup Shaq.

CableKC
01-05-2010, 06:47 PM
I'm not sure if I believe this re: Foster. I think he has to show fitness and form before anyone trades for him. If he does, I wouldn't mind to get him in Boston.
I thought that Foster is simply suffering from his recurring Back injury that occurs every season. :confused:

If that is the case....after guaging what interest it out there for Foster from prospective GMs....I wouldn't be surprised if he "miraculously" healed within the next week or two and was asked to "suck it up" and do what he usually does....muddle through lingering back issues and pray that some GM is suckered....uhhh, I mean....convinced....to overpay.....uhhh, I mean....trade for him :pray:

esabyrn333
01-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Although this would be nice ( in theory ), I would suspect that the 1st priority of any trade involving of the Big 4 Contracts would be to clear 2010-2011 Salary Cap....specifically getting back an 2009-2010 Expiring Contract.

I would certainly consider this IF we had a deal in place to move Ford, Dunleavy or Murphy for an Expiring Contract.....but if we can't move any of them....then I would have to hold off on considering this just to see if we can get an Expiring Contract for Foster. Of the Big 4 Contracts, Foster is the easiest to move.

I was mainly thinking of this trade as a follow up to the Murphy to Clevland trade to clear the cap space

That would leave Ford and Dunleavy left

CableKC
01-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't mind the younger Drew Gooden for Foster if/when Murphy is gone. Hibbert needs a banging PF beside him in the post to make him even more effective. Honestly, Indiana will probably buyout Big Z's contract, so Cleveland can resign him to backup Shaq.
I was thinking of something surrounding Foster and Gooden....but I suspect that Gooden wouldn't be all to happy about leaving Dallas for Indy. I would have thought that he would have signed with Dallas to try for a Championship ring. But if he's simply bought out...I'd guess it wouldn't matter.

CableKC
01-05-2010, 07:05 PM
I was mainly thinking of this trade as a follow up to the Murphy to Clevland trade to clear the cap space

That would leave Ford and Dunleavy left
I would be amicable to this......but then my next question would be whether TPTB would consider buying out Ford.

MLB007
01-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Hibbert needs a banging PF beside him in the post to make him even more effective. .

Like, uh, Tyler Hansbrough?? :devil:

ksuttonjr76
01-05-2010, 08:24 PM
I was thinking of something surrounding Foster and Gooden....but I suspect that Gooden wouldn't be all to happy about leaving Dallas for Indy. I would have thought that he would have signed with Dallas to try for a Championship ring. But if he's simply bought out...I'd guess it wouldn't matter.

Who DOES want to come to Indy :laugh:? Free Agents and Superstars avoid Indianapolis like the swine flu.

Spirit
01-05-2010, 09:43 PM

0-0 from
0-0 from
6-1 PG from Marquette
3.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, 1.0 apg in 10.4 minutes</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>No thanks.. we don't need Andre Miller. He'll just take minutes from Price, and he is not the point guard we need. We need a PG that can shoot.

Petteri will be good in the future though.

Justin Tyme
01-05-2010, 09:51 PM
I would think Cleveland for Murphy would be one, while Dallas and Denver would be two guesses for Foster.

I would believe Portland could be in the mix as well.

Sparhawk
01-05-2010, 10:01 PM
I'd like for the Pacers to be able to move Murphy, Ford and Foster for expiring contracts and draft picks. Just not sure if that will happen. I don't want the Pacers to trade for guys that have long term deals. Sometimes when you trade crap, you have to get crap back.

I would love more draft picks! Those are always great bargaining chips later on.

Anthem
01-05-2010, 10:54 PM
No thanks.. we don't need Andre Miller.
I'd trade for Andre Miller, but only if it was TJ Ford going out. We don't need to acquire any more PGs until we move some of the ones we have.

MikeDC
01-05-2010, 11:39 PM
I'd like for the Pacers to be able to move Murphy, Ford and Foster for expiring contracts and draft picks. Just not sure if that will happen. I don't want the Pacers to trade for guys that have long term deals. Sometimes when you trade crap, you have to get crap back.

I would love more draft picks! Those are always great bargaining chips later on.

I'd take the picks, of course, but I'd be happy to just get them off the books for expirings. If there are really teams out there that want these guys, do it.

RomanGabriel
01-06-2010, 08:04 AM

Do you really want a #25-#30 pick though? Besides the hit and miss nature of players available at that point in the draft, the rub is that as a 1st rounder, they get guaranteed money.

McKeyFan
01-06-2010, 08:30 AM

0-0 from
0-0 from
6-1 PG from Marquette

Why trade for Richard Pryor and Michael Jackson?

cinotimz
01-06-2010, 08:57 AM
If Foster is a potential, Dallas definitely makes alot of sense. The two teams have a history trading with one another. Carlisle loves Foster-he couldnt hardly keep him out of his starting lineups. And given the Pacers loyalty to Foster, trading him to Carlisle would probably be a little more tolerable to all.

For Gooden's expiring contract and maybe Shawne's contract.

trey
01-06-2010, 12:39 PM
when is the trade deadline?

count55
01-06-2010, 12:42 PM

2/19

Speed
01-06-2010, 12:42 PM

2/18/10, I think.

Unclebuck
01-06-2010, 12:57 PM
2/18/10, I think.

Yeah it is always a Thursday - or at least it has been in the past. Usually 6 PM EST

Speed
01-06-2010, 12:59 PM
I saw on the Blog cast last night Bruno said

<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" vAlign=top>Bruno:
I would be stunned if Bird moved Foster. <O:p</O:p
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/game_blog.html

count55
01-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Yeah it is always a Thursday - or at least it has been in the past. Usually 6 PM EST

Yup...16th Thursday of the season (which would be 2/18).

I had pulled the 19th from an article on Yahoo after a quick search.

Justin Tyme
01-06-2010, 01:21 PM
Do you really want a #25-#30 pick though? Besides the hit and miss nature of players available at that point in the draft, the rub is that as a 1st rounder, they get guaranteed money.

ABSOLUTELY, you take the pick. There is nothing saying that the pick can't be used used in making a trade. Good GM's acquire picks just for that purpose.

A 24-28 pick salary is 1 mil a year with the 3 & 4 years a team option. That cost is 2 mil to keep a player for 2 years to see if they can be a contributor to the future. Go back and look at some of the players over the last 3-4 years who were drafted in that range and are on CHEAP rookie contracts. Yes, taking the pick allows many options from getting a good player to getting a chip in making a trade.

count55
01-07-2010, 10:30 AM
This could be a fly in the ointment for any hopes of a Murph-for-Z trade.

There has been a lot of talk that the Cleveland Cavaliers need to make a big trade if they want to have a legit shot at a championship. The scribes in Cleveland are all over the idea of bringing in Antawn Jamison, especially in the wake of Gilbert Arenas' suspension.

Sheldon Ocker of the Akron Beacon-Journal writes: "Jamison is a man that might help bring Cleveland its first championship in a major sport since the 1964 Browns. Moreover, there seems to be a reasonable chance that the Wizards would be willing to send him to the Cavs before the February trading deadline. Not only is Jamison apparently available, but he also might be the ideal addition to the Cavs, that is, a power forward who scores from inside and out and rebounds."

Brian Windhorst of The Plain Dealer writes: "The Wizards now owe it Antawn Jamison to trade him and give him a chance with another team. ... Could Jamison end up in Cleveland in the type of power-shifting midseason All-Star trade like the one that sent Rasheed Wallace to Detroit in 2004 and Pau Gasol to the Lakers two years ago? It looks like a stronger possibility now than ever."

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors?date=20100107#13703

McKeyFan
01-07-2010, 11:10 AM
What is Washington's incentive? Seems like they would want to hold on to their remaining name players with Arenas down.

count55
01-07-2010, 11:19 AM
What is Washington's incentive? Seems like they would want to hold on to their remaining name players with Arenas down.

It's true that both of these are pretty self-serving reports from Cleveland-area journalists, so they're enhancing the possibility. However, the incentive would be the same as always: reduced their future cap commitments by $28mm over the next two seasons, perhaps pick up a young guy (Hickson) or a pick.

While I expect Arenas' penalty to be severe (perhaps the rest of the season), I find it extremely unlikely that WAS will be able to get out from under his contract. They're not going to win now, and probably not next year, so they could get some relief, add some youth, then maybe be able to add someone next year.

McKeyFan
01-07-2010, 11:24 AM
It's true that both of these are pretty self-serving reports from Cleveland-area journalists, so they're enhancing the possibility. However, the incentive would be the same as always: reduced their future cap commitments by $28mm over the next two seasons, perhaps pick up a young guy (Hickson) or a pick.

While I expect Arenas' penalty to be severe (perhaps the rest of the season), I find it extremely unlikely that WAS will be able to get out from under his contract. They're not going to win now, and probably not next year, so they could get some relief, add some youth, then maybe be able to add someone next year.

Thanks.

But I'm thinking they may want to know what the verdict is on Arenas and his contract before they make a move. Maybe they'll know all that by the deadline.

count55
01-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Like I said...the sources are from Cleveland, so they're playing up the chances.

As long as the difference in sweeteners are too much, I'm sure the Cavs would deal Ilgauskas for Jamison before Murphy.

(Though, as I think, Murph's contract is much more favorable, given the open question of James' future in Cleveland.)

MikeDC
01-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Like I said...the sources are from Cleveland, so they're playing up the chances.

As long as the difference in sweeteners are too much, I'm sure the Cavs would deal Ilgauskas for Jamison before Murphy.

(Though, as I think, Murph's contract is much more favorable, given the open question of James' future in Cleveland.)

I'd think Murphy is a much safer bet. He's younger, cheaper, bigger and more flexible in how you can use him.

It seems clear the Cavs are going to make a move for someone like Murphy, so I'd suggest the Pacers try to get a deal done before they go in a different direction.

CableKC
01-09-2010, 12:13 PM
I didn't know where else to post this....but since there is a rumor of the Cavs possibly being interested in Murphy ( assuming that any rumored interest in Jamison for Big Z doesn't pan out :pray: ), here's an interesting tidbit about how BigZs contract is structured:

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/01/zydrunas_ilgauskas_expiring_co.html

DENVER -- Zydrunas Ilgauskas is bracing himself for the storm. For at least the next six weeks he has a new attachment to his name when it comes to clandestine trade talks and media reports: expiring contract.

Players with that designation are the center of the NBA's universe at this time of year, trade season.

"I'm sure there are going to be some teams that take a very hard look at me," Ilgauskas said before the Cavs took on the Denver Nuggets to begin their five-game Western trip Friday night.

"Because so many teams are trying to dump salary, I know the talks are going to pick up."

That is what an expiring contract does. NBA trades have to be balanced by the salaries of the players being swapped, within 25 percent by rule. But the numbers that have to match are the salaries this year, not the future.

So by trading for a player like Ilgauskas, who makes $11.5 million this season, for a player with a long contract can save a team tens of millions in the future. In Ilgauskas' case, the offer is potentially even sweeter than normal.

According to a source, Ilgauskas' payment schedule included half of his salary paid last summer and the rest of the $5.75 million spread out over payments during the season. That means a team that would trade for Ilgauskas would be left with a relatively small prorated portion to pay off Ilgauskas' remaining salary.

The most a team could save on such a transaction is $3 million, but every little bit helps. Especially because Ilgauskas has a kicker in his contract that would award him a $1.7 million trade bonus.

Adding even more intrigue to an Ilgauskas trade is the prospect that he could ask for a buyout of his contract if he's sent to a non-contender. In that case, he'd potentially take slightly less money to get out of the end of the deal and make it up by re-signing with a contender. Again, saving the team that might trade for him significant dollars.
"I have read about that and I've seen it happen before with other guys but no one has talked to me about anything like that," Ilgauskas said. "My desire is to stay here and play with this team but I know everything else is out of my control."

Right now the Cavs probably couldn't afford to trade Ilgauskas and not get him back via a buyout. The so-called "buyout and return" is a loophole in the current collective bargaining agreement that will probably be closed in a few years. Teams like the Boston Celtics and Detroit Pistons have used it effectively in the past.

Such a scenario may be needed because Ilgauskas has been playing so well in his first season coming off the bench. He went through a shooting slump in November, which seemed to be kicked off by a six-game stint in the starting lineup in place of an injured Shaquille O'Neal, where he shot just 29 percent over nine games.

But he's found a groove over the past month, shooting 55 percent and averaging 8.8 points over the past 13 games. His size has helped the Cavs deal with the height of elite teams such as the Lakers and Magic, games where he's been on the floor at the same time as O'Neal.

"He had a lot going on, it wasn't just the change to coming off the bench," Cavs coach Mike Brown said. "He adopted two wonderful little boys and when you have a family at home your schedule is a little different. So it was an adjustment period with that, too. But he's had the kids for a while and gotten a solid routine and he's gotten that on the floor. He's got a better feel and you can see it."

Ilgauskas is feeling so good about his role at the moment that he's apparently decided to table any retirement talk. At the beginning of the season, he said this season could be his last.

"The minutes aren't as massive as they used to be," Ilgauskas said. "I'm not as beat up, usually this point of the year you start to feel the physical toll but I feel better than last year at this point. I want to play as long as I feel like I enjoy playing and I contribute and I want to play past this season."
Seriously, if we are interested in saving Money...and the Cavs are simply asking BigZ for Murphy......I'd take it and run. It sounds like we'd save some decent $$$ in a buyout.

NapTonius Monk
01-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Why trade for Richard Pryor and Michael Jackson?

:rotflmao::lolchair::lol: