PDA

View Full Version : Hornets game - 1/16

ColtsRush
01-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Will the 7pm Saturday, 1/16 game against the Hornets get rescheduled to earler in the day to not conflict directly with the Colts game 6 blocks away, or will they just roll with the 2,000-3,000 fans that may show up for the evening game. It's the second half of a back to back for both teams so I assume this would not even be considered. Would they ever consider a move to Sunday?

duke dynamite
01-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Will the 7pm Saturday, 1/16 game against the Hornets get rescheduled to earler in the day to not conflict directly with the Colts game 6 blocks away, or will they just roll with the 2,000-3,000 fans that may show up for the evening game. It's the second half of a back to back for both teams so I assume this would not even be considered. Would they ever consider a move to Sunday?
The NBA won't move for anyone. It's up to the league and not the team I am sure.

I guess this will be the first game of the season that I miss.

the jaddler
01-04-2010, 09:06 PM
maybe you should give me your tickets duke!

duke dynamite
01-04-2010, 09:09 PM
maybe you should give me your tickets duke!
I'll consider it.

the jaddler
01-04-2010, 09:17 PM
that would be pretty sweet....just let me know....thanks

Sollozzo
01-04-2010, 10:13 PM
We might set a record low for attendance that night.

YoSoyIndy
01-04-2010, 10:17 PM
This is a joke. I was very surprised by the NFL. Normally this doesn't happen.

I don't see the game moving. League rules state each team needs 24 hours for the next game. Hornets play Monday at 3:30pm and Friday at 8pm. I guess it could be a day game on Sunday.

PacersHomer
01-04-2010, 11:57 PM
This could be the lowest attended NBA game since the merger if they don't move the time. I'll predict 100 people.

BRushWithDeath
01-05-2010, 05:03 AM
The NBA won't move for anyone. It's up to the league and not the team I am sure.

I guess this will be the first game of the season that I miss.

Not true. The Pacers changed a game time just last season to avoid a conflict with the Colts playoffs.

duke dynamite
01-05-2010, 08:35 AM
Not true. The Pacers changed a game time just last season to avoid a conflict with the Colts playoffs.
Good deal, then.

graphic-er
01-05-2010, 09:40 AM
well this might be a good game to score some lower level tickets too, or even just move down from the balcony.

Sollozzo
01-05-2010, 11:45 AM

The Colts didn't have a home playoff game last year.

Pacergeek
01-05-2010, 11:52 AM
This game simply needs to be re-scheduled, and I believe that it will be. The low attendence will reflect poorly on the NBA if they choose to keep the current time. The NBA cannot compete with the NFL. The NBA does have a league pass option for television viewers, and the last thing the NBA wants are viewers seeing an empty arena.

Hicks
01-05-2010, 12:16 PM
The Colts didn't have a home playoff game last year.

I still think they changed it just so fans didn't have to choose between staying home for the Colts or going to Conseco.

Basketball Fan
01-05-2010, 12:17 PM
I'll gladly take tickets for either game:D

chrisjacobs7
01-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Dam, I had 2 free lower lvl tickets to that game too... guess I won't be going now.

Sollozzo
01-05-2010, 01:21 PM
I still think they changed it just so fans didn't have to choose between staying home for the Colts or going to Conseco.

Yep, looks like you're right.

http://www.nba.com/games/20090103/SACIND/recap.html

"Notes: The game was moved up an hour so fans could watch the Indianapolis Colts' NFL playoff game against San Diego"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, if they moved the game up an hour so fans could watch a Colts road game, I have a feeling they'll definitely do something for a home game. I don't think they want to be setting a record low for attendance.

Naptown_Seth
01-05-2010, 01:24 PM
The Colts didn't even have a home playoff game last year.
It wouldn't have to be a home game. The Pacers would beg Stern to move their game away from the 3 hour Colts window. Who would attend the game even if the Colts were on the road? Who would watch it on TV?

Stern is a businessman, his only concern would be maintain time off rules for both teams. Do you really think he wants to have the NFL point out it's popularity vs his league directly by having a Colts vs Pacers showdown. It would be ugly as people have pointed out.

BRushWithDeath
01-05-2010, 01:29 PM
They should move it to a 1:00 or 2:00 start. Would make for a good day. Can go the Pacer game in the morning, tailgate or head to a bar and watch the early Divisional game after that before walking into Lucas for Colts nightcap. Hell even if only 5,000 of us do double duty that day getting that many people to spend all day downtown would be a major boon for the city.

Sollozzo
01-05-2010, 01:35 PM
It wouldn't have to be a home game. The Pacers would beg Stern to move their game away from the 3 hour Colts window. Who would attend the game even if the Colts were on the road? Who would watch it on TV?

Stern is a businessman, his only concern would be maintain time off rules for both teams. Do you really think he wants to have the NFL point out it's popularity vs his league directly by having a Colts vs Pacers showdown. It would be ugly as people have pointed out.

Yeah, you're definitely right. The Pacers moved the game up an hour. Like you said, doesn't matter if it's road or not. No one is watching, except for the most diehard Pacer fan that has virtually zero interest in the Colts.

duke dynamite
01-05-2010, 01:35 PM
They should move it to a 1:00 or 2:00 start. Would make for a good day. Can go the Pacer game in the morning, tailgate or head to a bar and watch the early Divisional game after that before walking into Lucas for Colts nightcap. Hell even if only 5,000 of us do double duty that day getting that many people to spend all day downtown would be a major boon for the city.
I'd love to do that but unfortunately I'll have to drive all the way back home right after the Pacers' game. So I'm just sticking it at home that day. Going to the Colts' game would be a great option but I don't have the kind of money for a Playoff ticket.

the jaddler
01-05-2010, 05:42 PM
well it will be intersting to see what they do.........

duke dynamite
01-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Per Mike Wells, the Pacers-Hornets game has been moved to 6 PM.

BRushWithDeath
01-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Per Mike Wells, the Pacers-Hornets game has been moved to 6 PM.

Looks like I'll get to see the just the first half of the Pacers game then. At most. For shame.

duke dynamite
01-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Looks like I'll get to see the just the first half of the Pacers game then. At most. For shame.
Yeah, it wasn't moved early enough for me. By the time the game is over the Colts game will be starting, and traffic will be killer downtown. I'm staying home for this one.

Hicks
01-06-2010, 12:10 PM
That'll help, but only so much. The game still won't be over in time for anyone wanting to watch all of both games or attend all of both games.

the jaddler
01-06-2010, 02:05 PM
well at least they are tying to do something....well anyone wanting to give away tickets for the pacers game that night let me know.....would like to go.....and i will deffintly get all tickets scanned if you are a sth.

duke dynamite
01-06-2010, 02:14 PM
well at least they are tying to do something....well anyone wanting to give away tickets for the pacers game that night let me know.....would like to go.....and i will deffintly get all tickets scanned if you are a sth.
I guess next time I will have to PM you. I told you that you could have mine.

the jaddler
01-06-2010, 02:22 PM
sorry duke.....just caught it on the other post....yeah just pm me and we can go from there....and thank you very much....