PDA

View Full Version : Our Big Problem

Thesterovic
01-03-2010, 07:37 PM
Whenever we have a mismatch in a matchup we're forced to watch the other team destroy us with that matchup, and we never make use of it on the other side of the court. See: Hibbert on Lee, Mike on Bender, Head on Wilkens, Boykins on Ford, a SG on Robinson, Hibbert on Noah, Hibbert on Horford, Tyler on Wallace, and Josh on Brad Miller.

joew8302
01-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Were losing 104=59 to the Knicks. I think we have lots of big problems.

Thesterovic
01-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Really? Care to elaborate?

joew8302
01-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Really? Care to elaborate?

Well, gee, where to begin really. Our starting lineup looks like a random group of cast offs from the Lakers and Cavs, we have no pride, heart or intensity and we refuse to play defense. I guess other than that we are pretty good.

Hicks
01-03-2010, 07:57 PM
It's a good point, though. I know it drives me nuts when we ask Tyler to guard Stephen Jackson or Richard Jefferson and then we barely give him a look on the other side of the floor.

CableKC
01-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Out Big Problem? We're just not that good. We're not even a mediocre Team where we have a chance at beating average teams...while being punished by really good Teams....it's worse.....we're getting punished by average Teams and only having a chance to beating lottery bound Teams.

Is it too early to start the annual "Tank or Playoffs" thread?

BlueNGold
01-03-2010, 07:59 PM
The Knicks are a particularly bad match-up for the Pacers...even when Granger is available. They have numerous 6'8" - 6'9" athletic guys. Name one that we have other than Granger.

Thesterovic
01-03-2010, 07:59 PM
It's a good point, though. I know it drives me nuts when we ask Tyler to guard Stephen Jackson or Richard Jefferson and then we barely give him a look on the other side of the floor.

Exact matchups I forgot and couldn't remember. Tyler and Butler too.

BornReady
01-03-2010, 08:00 PM
we're just not talented
its a sad day when the teams biggest fans WANT earl watson to start, get excited about luther head, and...yea i cant think of anything else to say about our roster

but at this rate we will surpass the nets as the worse team in the nba easily! john wall 2010!

imawhat
01-03-2010, 08:00 PM
Outside of Jared Jeffries, there is no player on the Knicks roster that can guard Roy Hibbert; especially David Lee. I think Roy saw 1 or 2 touches in the post in the 1st quarter.

We HAVE to take advantage of mismatches. If the average armchair coach can see the mismatch, so can (or should) the head coach.

Pacersfan46
01-03-2010, 08:02 PM
I understand the point, but I think the biggest problem is a lack of talent. You can nitpick Hans not getting the ball when being guarded by a SG/SF (which annoys me too, honestly) and things like that but that's just nitpicking.

Our biggest issue is having nobody that's talented enough to just be a mismatch regardless of most situations. This even applies to Granger. We only have mismatches when height difference dictates it, never because one of our guys is just that much better than the guy guarding him.

-- Steve --

Hicks
01-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Outside of Jared Jeffries, there is no player on the Knicks roster that can guard Roy Hibbert; especially David Lee. I think Roy saw 1 or 2 touches in the post in the 1st quarter.

We HAVE to take advantage of mismatches. If the average armchair coach can see the mismatch, so can (or should) the head coach.

We seemed to go away from Roy early after the Knicks immediately doubled him hard. Surely we could have come up with SOMETHING to take advantage of that rather than just giving it up. You'd think.

BornReady
01-03-2010, 08:03 PM

watson was a clown and turned the ball over 4 times and took 4 3s. thats probably what did it.

BlueNGold
01-03-2010, 08:04 PM
We seemed to go away from Roy early after the Knicks immediately doubled him hard. Surely we could have come up with SOMETHING to take advantage of that rather than just giving it up. You'd think.

That would require something other than a helter skelter offensive strategy. ...something we do not have.

Thesterovic
01-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Dahntay at the 4 or Luther at the 3 don't help our chances either.

LoneGranger33
01-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Can we really expect Murphy or Hansbrough or McRoberts to take advantage of their height in the post when none of them have a post game to speak of?

Sookie
01-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Dahntay at the 4 or Luther at the 3 don't help our chances either.

Nor does the
Watson Deiner
Watson Price
Diener Price

backcourt..

yes..lets stick our midgets on their huge *** shooting guard.

Thesterovic
01-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Can we really expect Murphy or Hansbrough or McRoberts to take advantage of their height in the post when none of them have a post game to speak of?

Or they can shoot over them, or shrink.

duke dynamite
01-03-2010, 08:37 PM
You can only take advantage of mismatches if the players you have are good period.