PDA

View Full Version : Inform the newb.

Hicks
07-12-2004, 01:09 AM
Last year my first year of making a point of really watching and rooting for the Colts; you've converted me. :devil:

Since I still know next to nothing about the NFL, help me out with some discussion:

How good should the Colts be this year and how far can they go?

Will they be better, worse, or the same as last year?

Can they get to the Superbowl? Can they WIN the Superbowl?

How does our offense look now compared to last season?

What about the defense?

Are you happy with our current coaches?

What needs the most work? I'm sure you'll say defense but can you be more specific?

The more detailed you can be the better; I'm trying to learn the game more.

obnoxiousmodesty
07-12-2004, 02:17 AM
I think we'll see Tennessee and the Ponies go back and forth this season with the division lead--again. Last year the Colts destroyed the Titans early in the season and never looked back, and this season could very well play out the same way for either team. I don't see any team in the AFC who has improved great enough to challenge the top teams from last season, so it'll come down to the Patriots, Colts, and Titans again. I believe the Colts can get to the SB and can win it. However, while the offense should be as dangerous as ever (as I happily recall the Denver playoff game), the defense is still a question mark. I liked the pick of Bob Sanders in the 2nd round, as the Colts definitely need more hard-hitters on defense. I'm wondering about the new linebacking group. I was not a Marcus Washington fan and I'm confident in David Thornton, but I have no clue if the younger guys like Cato June can come in and get it done. Futhermore, I'm not sure what part of the D needs the most improvement, since it all seems to have spring a leak at some point during the year. I also like the pick of the Kimball the kicker. If he can kickoff the ball the way I've read he can, then the Ponies defense will immediately be in better shape due to field position. And I'm quite happy with Tony Dungy and his staff. I'm really looking forward to this season.

GO PONIES!!!

MSA2CF
07-12-2004, 04:33 PM
I'll try to write my feelings later, but I've been away for a while and "just" found out about the Stephen Jackson trade & this new forum...I'll be reading for a while.

But one thing obnoxy mentioned was David Kimball, the new kicker. I saw one Penn State game last year and he was the kicker and he nearly made about a sixty or 61-yard kick, into the wind I think. He's got a hell of a leg, I think he kicked the ball through the uprights during a kickoff a few times in that game. I don't remember much; my memory is fuzzy, but I know he's got one heck of a leg & I can't wait to see him.

MSA2CF
07-12-2004, 04:37 PM
Kimball definitely has a huge leg. However, Dungy is completely opposed ot using a roster spot on another kicker. Guess it'll be a battle of wills to see if he's put on the team.........I wonder who will win that? :laugh:

What round was he drafted again? If it was one of the earlier rounds, I'd think we'd keep him, otherwise it'd be a wasted pick, wouldn't it?

MSA2CF
07-12-2004, 05:37 PM
[quote=MSA2CF][quote=btowncolt]...and doesn't agree with giving a 3rd kicker a spot. So it looks as though Bill might have a thing or two to say here.

A third kicker? :confused:

Lord Helmet
07-12-2004, 08:44 PM
A lot of NFL Preview Mags have graded us.Our offense A+ Defense C.I think we have a good chance to at least get to the SB.As long as we can get past the Pats.

ABADays
07-16-2004, 09:43 AM
The NFL is about field position. Kimball will make a difference in field position especially since we score a lot.