PDA

View Full Version : Al was the worst clutch player on the team

Cory
07-11-2004, 03:31 PM
I would have rather seen James Jones or PRIMOZ have the ball in their hands in the final minutes of a close game than AL......He is terrible....What's his playoff average again??,,,I am so glad to be rid of him. I would cringe everytime he touched the ball in crunch time. Al was a regular season(Quarters 1 through 3) player. He could not produce in the playoffs or with the game on the line and we need a shooter. I'm glad this trade happened. Maybe we could have got more for AL because he seemed to be liked around the league but I just don't think he has it in him. If Atlanta ends up building their team around Al Harrington they can look forward to many more years of losing.

BTW, I don't know any thing about Stephen Jackson besides what I've read and by looking at his stats but we could have traded Al for some beanstalk beans and I'd have been happy.

Roaming Gnome
07-11-2004, 05:06 PM
Wow, I thought that I was pretty disenchanted with Al's game, but you definatly have me beat. I always thought that Al had the tools to be a great player, just lacked the Bball IQ and patience. I think in time Al will be a heck of a player maybe even for the Hawks!

Stephen Jackson...Good Move!

t1hs0n
07-11-2004, 05:12 PM
AL was a great 6th man. I would have loved to see him stay on the team. He wanted a starting job and now he can have it. For a 30 win team that is. :D

I wish him the best and I don't think he will get off on us when we play the hawks. He will have to go through Ron and JO. :)

PacerMan
07-11-2004, 05:13 PM
TWENTY FOUR years old guys. He would have been a rookie last year (I think). He lost the experience and learning that should have happened in college.
He'll come along. Bet on it.

wintermute
07-12-2004, 04:09 AM
the al bashing has begun...

TheSauceMaster
07-12-2004, 05:16 AM

yep and I am :unimpressed::unimpressed::unimpressed:

Bball
07-12-2004, 12:23 PM

yep and I am :unimpressed::unimpressed::unimpressed:

Al has had detractors for a while now so I don't see this as people just hopping on the wagon because the Pacers are apparently trading Al away.

-Bball

Burt_Reincarnated
07-12-2004, 01:52 PM
AL may have gotten blocked by the rim alot and shot a few airballs, But the DEEF man the DEEF!!!! AL is such an awesome defender, and was such a huge part of the team, Pacers have taken a big step backwards losing AL's defensive tenacity.

But I concede gettin SJ was probably making the best out of a really crappy situation with AL wanting out. Too bad they couldn't just let the boy start. 50 wins max next season is my prediction.

good first post eh? It's not really my first post, but since yall moved boards I guess I'll start over. I used to be in the sunshine brigade, but AL leaving has made me pessimistic :unimpressed:

-the artist formerly known as burtrem redneck.

naptownmenace
07-12-2004, 02:44 PM
Two things that I will miss with Al being gone:

1. His scrappiness under the boards.
2. Being ability to fill in for JO in a pinch.

Two things I won't miss from Al being gone:

1. Missed free throws in the clutch.
2. Layups being blocked back into his face.

Al's weaknesses and inconsistency in the playoffs are bothersome traits that can be hard to overcome. People seem to forget that Al's missed free throws help cost the Pacers a couple of playoff games this year - Game 4 in the Miami series and Game 2 against Detroit (Tayshaun's block sealed the deal).

I still wish Al the best and I look forward to playing the Hawks this year.

Kegboy
07-12-2004, 02:46 PM
50 wins max next season is my prediction.

:o

Yup, your Sunshine Brigade card has been revoked.

PacerMan
07-12-2004, 04:26 PM
People seem to forget that Al's missed free throws h.

I still wish Al the best and I look forward to playing the Hawks this year. [/quote]

Some people forget that he's 24 years old and would have been a rookie this year had he gone to college.

PacerMan
07-12-2004, 06:51 PM
Some people forget that he's 24 years old and would have been a rookie this year had he gone to college.

Would he have been going to school to become a doctor? Because next year is his 7th year in the league.

oops, I was off a year. Sorry.