PDA

View Full Version : Haven't people been saying Jackson's ego would require a start?

Anthem
07-11-2004, 02:32 PM
"I'll leave it up to the coaches," he said. "I'm coming in wanting to learn from Reggie. I have nothing but respect for Reggie. If I come in off the bench behind Reggie I'll be happy."

Yeah, we won't see what happens until they actually start playing the games, but you generally don't hear players going into a situation like this saying they're willing to come off the bench. Shoot, we traded Al because he said he wasn't.

I know it remains to be seen how this will play out, but for now I'm not seeing the black clouds that some of you are.

Young
07-11-2004, 02:35 PM
Thats a good sign.

You know Harrison and Jackson supposely were/are going to cause us problems and from what they are publicly saying I wish we had more of these "problems".

Pig Nash
07-11-2004, 02:39 PM
Foster/Harrison
JO/Bender/Cro
Artest/SJax
Miller/Freddie
Tinsley/hopefully someone other than AJ/Wright

Pig Nash
07-11-2004, 02:41 PM
oops forgot to post the rest.

:thumbsup:

oh and if any way we could do this lineup i would drool

JO
Bender
Artest
SJax
Freddie

Arcadian
07-11-2004, 02:46 PM
I think the fact that Reggie is goiing to retire in a year has a lot to do with his willingness not to start.

With Al it was different because he had two young more talented forwards ahead of him.

PacerMan
07-11-2004, 05:17 PM
I liked seeing that a lot, though I'm not sure I WANT Reggie in front of him. ;)

PacerMan
07-11-2004, 05:19 PM
Thats a good sign.

You know Harrison and Jackson supposely were/are going to cause us problems and from what they are publicly saying I wish we had more of these "problems".

But then everybody says the right thing before the playing actually begins. :p

PacerMan
07-11-2004, 05:20 PM
I think the fact that Reggie is goiing to retire in a year has a lot to do with his willingness not to start.

With Al it was different because he had two young more talented forwards ahead of him.

THat's a very good point, and very true. I'll bet if Artest was in his last season Al would have gladly played off the bench again.

clownskull
07-11-2004, 09:41 PM
oops forgot to post the rest.

:thumbsup:

oh and if any way we could do this lineup i would drool

JO
Bender
Artest
SJax
Freddie

that lineup would not make me drool. you would give a starting job to bender who has yet to earn a starting job and give the starting p.g. slot to freddie who has shown some good things at the 2 spot but has yet to prove he can play the point?
j.o. can play some center but in no way do i want him wearing himself out against other bigger heavier guys in the paint every game like that. jermaine is a forward not a center. the 4 spot is his best spot.
anyway, jackson is a very solid pickup at a good price i believe and will probably come off the bench next year and play most time between the 2/3 positions. it's possible next years lineup off the bench could have him and fred out there at the same time- it wouldn't surprise me a bit.

wintermute
07-12-2004, 04:09 AM
I liked seeing that a lot, though I'm not sure I WANT Reggie in front of him. ;)

jax pair up with tinsley, reggie with freddie? jax is no playmaker so he should play with tins. both reggie and freddie can make plays, so that backcourt pair should be able to hold up.

TheSauceMaster
07-12-2004, 05:15 AM
JO doesnt like Playing Center also ;)