PDA

View Full Version : Nene

purdue101
07-11-2004, 01:01 PM
anyone think we could get our hands on him?? it looks like k-mart might be going to denver. with Q, barry, and manu going elsewhere denver is still in need of a young SG. do you think a combination of freddie and either pollard, foster, or harrison could get it done? i like nene and feel he could play center in the east. if k-mart does indeed sign in denver, that leaves nene on the bench behind k-mart and camby and denver is still without a young prospect at SG.

Anthem
07-11-2004, 02:22 PM
You mean, are the Nuggets likely to trade a big 19-year-old that was last year's lotery pick for somebody like Croshere or Pollard?

No. Probably not even if we threw in Jamaes Jones or a future first-round pick.

I thought Nene was the second-best big man (after Jermaine) at the GoodWill Games several years ago. KMart was on that team.

NugzFan
07-11-2004, 03:47 PM
a) even if we get kmart (nets can still match) it doesnt mean we want to lose nene - we already turned down a kmart for nene trade. nene isnt going anywhere

b) the players you offered dont even come close to equal value

J-Wont
07-11-2004, 04:04 PM
Foster > Nene
Nene is trash and so far has been a bust.

Roaming Gnome
07-11-2004, 06:02 PM
Foster > Nene

:lol2: Your kidding, Arn't ya? :laugh:

t1hs0n
07-11-2004, 07:07 PM
Foster > Nene

While Foster is underrated.... I don't see how a pacer fan with someone like bender on the team can call another teams player a bust.

Bender > Nene, though. :devil:

NugzFan
07-11-2004, 10:55 PM
what

the

hell

:confused:

Kstat
07-11-2004, 10:59 PM
what

the

hell

:confused:

I second that.

"Um, hello Kiki, hi this is Donnie Walsh. Larry is away getting me my coffee, I was wondering: What do you think about Jones and Pollard for Nene. Hello? Hello? Are you still there?"

kerosene
07-12-2004, 12:43 AM
A bust? He's already played well and hasn't fufilled his potential yet. To answer the original question, there's no way we get him from Denver.

Anthem
07-12-2004, 01:25 AM
Umm... just wanted to point out that the "even if we threw in a future first" was supposed to be sarcastic.

Wanted to make sure everybody got it.