PDA

View Full Version : So whats the story with Freddie?

PacerMan
07-11-2004, 11:22 AM
I consider Donnie a good judge of talent. I consider him an astute judge of character and team chemistry issues.
So I'll trust their judgement.
But I also consider myself a pretty good judge of talent and I just don't get what they DON'T see in Freddie???????
This trade makes him 3d team behind Reggie. WHere some of us expected him to get major minutes and blossom like a lilac in spring, now he may not even get off the bench.
THis is a kid with major physical talents AND a hugely impressive attitude and willingness to subordinate his game to FIT INTO THE TEAM. By all accounts he's a tremendously hard worker as well. THe ONLY question (in my mind) is his outside shot. Given his TREMENDOUS improvement in 3 pt shooting in one year, I have very little doubt that the mid range game will come. His ability to slash and finish is unquestioned. His height is his only other issue, but his great strength and athleticism allows him to guard guys bigger than him. He will be a great defender.
I'll always maintain we would have beaten the Pistons with a healthy Freddie out there.
WHAT THEN, are the Pacers brass dissatisfied with???????? :confused:

Snickers
07-11-2004, 12:06 PM
They're dissatisfied with Freddie potentially being the only 2-guard on the roster in a year.

When Reggie retires, Freddie, Jackson, and Tinsley will be our guard rotation.

Anthem
07-11-2004, 02:19 PM
Freddy for backup PG!!!

Unclebuck
07-11-2004, 02:25 PM
This was discussed at the forum party last night.

Many, myeslf included believe that at least next season Jackson will see a lot of time at small forward.

Suaveness
07-11-2004, 02:27 PM
Yeah, that seems like the most logical solution, especially if he is coming off the bench.

Starters would be the same as last year. Then fred would back up at 2, jackson at 3, bender/cro at 4, and harrison at 5.

Young
07-11-2004, 02:30 PM
Heres how I see it breaking down with Freddie:

- Jackson-Reggie can play SF. We all know Bender will get injured. We just don't know when. So time will be there for him.
- He could play some backup point guard. I think that because we still have our MLE we will sign someone though. I'm hoping for Damon Jones or Troy Hudson.