PDA

View Full Version : Assuming the Jackson trade goes down as expected...

BigMac
07-11-2004, 10:34 AM
Do we still have the mid-level exception available to us to maybe do a sign and trade with, for example only, Golden State and Dampier?

Or maybe just a sign a free agent for the MLE?

Since Atlanta used its MLE and traded that player for Harrington, I think we should still have it. Any thoughts?

smoothie
07-11-2004, 10:53 AM
yes you still have the MLE. however, dampier said he expects to have a contract starting at $10M per year. only a S&T could bring him were for that price. i expect him to sign with a team under the cap.

Kegboy
07-11-2004, 01:07 PM
Even if we could use the MLE, we won't. We're not adding more salary (except a min. to get a backup point.) That's a large part of why Jackson was a sign-and-trade, to save money by giving up Al's contract.

Anthem
07-11-2004, 02:24 PM
I'm hoping we don't sign anybody to the min (except Brewer).

If we keep Brewer and Freddie gets bumped to the 1 and we sign our 2nd-round pick, we'd have 4 point guards. That's plenty, thanks.

Young
07-11-2004, 02:33 PM
I wouldn't mind using the MLE on Damon Jones or Troy Hudson personally.

SpADeD
07-11-2004, 08:29 PM
Hudson.:D

Kstat
07-11-2004, 08:34 PM
Damon Jones would be a better fit, and he'd come cheaper. If the Pacers sign ANYONE to play backup PG it will be him.

SpADeD
07-11-2004, 09:16 PM
I was pretty impressed with his play against the Pistons, besides the turnovers.

Hicks
07-11-2004, 09:45 PM
I wish I knew who Damon Jones was. I know some of you have tried to tell me, but I think it's time I start reading up on him...

Kstat
07-11-2004, 09:52 PM
Damon was the backup PG during Carlisle's 1st season in Detroit.

He's one of the best 3-point shooters in the NBA, and he's a big physical PG, and he typically doesnt make mistakes. His turnover ratio is very good.

HOWEVER, he's slow defensively, he's not very good off the dribble, and while he doesnt make many bad passes, he doesnt make any very good ones either.

Hicks
07-11-2004, 09:54 PM
Well if we want a backup PG other than Wright, and we don't get AJ back, I hope we get him then.

The better we can be at hitting the 3-ball, the better.

ChicagoJ
07-11-2004, 11:39 PM
Damon was the backup PG during Carlisle's 1st season in Detroit.

He's one of the best 3-point shooters in the NBA, and he's a big physical PG, and he typically doesnt make mistakes. His turnover ratio is very good.

HOWEVER, he's slow defensively, he's not very good off the dribble, and while he doesnt make many bad passes, he doesnt make any very good ones either.

Sounds a lot like AJ. Ragnar would commit suicide. :pepper:

Hicks
07-11-2004, 11:41 PM
:laugh: I love how you have a dancing pepper at the thought of Ragnar's death. :shakehead: :laugh: