PDA

View Full Version : Shaq to Heat a done deal

scar
07-11-2004, 03:12 AM
Well now, lets see how well they do with just Wade/Jones/Shaq.... Maybe Wang Zhi Zhi will see daylight...

Hicks
07-11-2004, 03:16 AM
Try not to panic, Peck ;)

Shade
07-11-2004, 03:27 AM
Try not to panic, Peck ;)

Just what I was gonna say. :laugh:

Fool
07-11-2004, 03:44 AM
Why did the Heat do this trade? Didn't they have one of the best up and coming young teams? Now they have a couple years with Shaq eating a ton of cap and two years before Wade makes Kobe money to throw two guys and Jones on the court and hope they get a ring? If they are ever going to win a title with Shaq its this year or next year (before their salary cap explodes with Wade's salary, unless Shaq does the unthinkable and doesn't demand 30 mill a year) and right now they look to me to be at best third in line in just the East.

scar
07-11-2004, 04:17 AM
The East would've been better if Boozer had stayed with Cleveland as they were an up and coming team. Now KMart has an offer from Denver. If he takes it, that would set the East back a bit. And Don't forget that the east doesn't have Jamal Magloire anymore.

Anthem
07-11-2004, 06:32 AM
Well, this tells me we'll see Harrison in at least 4 games this season...

Snickers
07-11-2004, 09:14 AM
Well, now the East is "officially" the dominant conference. :unimpressed:

sweabs
07-11-2004, 10:22 AM
Bad trade on the Heat's part. They had a great, exciting young group of guys to build a team around, and just had to find some good role players and quality bench guys. Instead they make their team even LESS deep, and now have 2 (maybe 3) guys - that's it.

I think the Miami team in 5 years WITHOUT this trade would have been a lot better than the Miami team in 5 years we are going to see.

smoothie
07-11-2004, 11:05 AM
if miami can use their MLE and million dollar exception to bring in some fowards they will be MUCH better than last year.

rscarey is right. 5 years from now they will be worse than they would've been with out the trade. however, untill then they will be better than they would've been.

i guess their team looks like this right now:

shaq-0
allen-0
r.butler-haslem
jones-hs rookie
wade-0

if they split the MLE between a PF and a PG they will be contenders to get out of the east next year.

PacerMan
07-11-2004, 11:08 AM
Bad trade on the Heat's part. They had a great, exciting young group of guys to build a team around, and just had to find some good role players and quality bench guys. Instead they make their team even LESS deep, and now have 2 (maybe 3) guys - that's it.

I think the Miami team in 5 years WITHOUT this trade would have been a lot better than the Miami team in 5 years we are going to see.

Mind boggling to me. They were THIS close to beating us, which means they were right there with Detroit, and certainly the Fakers. WHy you'd break that up for a maybe run with a very short option team is way beyond me. This was a NBA 2004 trade for sure. Sign of the times I guess.
I'm happy to see it..........

Anthem
07-11-2004, 02:11 PM
I dunno, I never got the feeling they could actually have won that series. I thought the Pacers just hadn't expected them to defend the homecourt.

If we played another 7 games after the first I'd bet we sweep.

Suaveness
07-11-2004, 03:14 PM
I don't buy that Miami is better than us. We are still better than them. The scary thing about the Lakers wasn't Shaq, it was everyone else on that team that could beat you. Kobe's amazing shots and the role player's bad timing. That won't be there in Miami. And Wade is no Kobe.

They don't worry me as much as LA did. Sorry, Miami is still behind us.

Lord Helmet
07-11-2004, 08:52 PM
"Shaq paired with Dwyane Wade puts the Heat one notch ahead of the Indiana Pacers and their O'Neal" :laugh:

Kstat
07-11-2004, 08:56 PM
I don't buy that Miami is better than us. We are still better than them. The scary thing about the Lakers wasn't Shaq, it was everyone else on that team that could beat you. Kobe's amazing shots and the role player's bad timing. That won't be there in Miami. And Wade is no Kobe.

They don't worry me as much as LA did. Sorry, Miami is still behind us.

Actually, the scary thing about the Lakers was shaq:laugh:

I think Miami is a safe bet as the #3 team in the east. Shaq alone is better than anyone else.

Aw Heck
07-11-2004, 09:02 PM
Well it looks like Shaq will finally get to start at the All-Star game again. :laugh:

We'll finally get to see a O'Neal-O'Neal frontcourt at the All-Star game. :)

Hicks
07-11-2004, 09:46 PM

Hadn't thought about that. THAT will be cool to see. :)

Suaveness
07-12-2004, 10:42 AM

Hadn't thought about that. THAT will be cool to see. :)

That will be amazing. I can't wait for that.