PDA

View Full Version : Pacer Forum Party

RWB
07-11-2004, 02:16 AM
Big thanks to Jose for once again organizing this. If you haven't been to one you're really missing alot of fun. :dance:

arkman40
07-11-2004, 02:20 AM
Wish I could have been there. :(

So how many people showed up?

Were you guys aware of the Harrington for Jackson reports ?

bulletproof
07-11-2004, 02:23 AM
I want to see pictures. I want to see if Hicks really looks like Rick Carlisle.

Will Galen
07-11-2004, 02:25 AM

I'm with Bulletproof!

RWB
07-11-2004, 02:26 AM
Ark, believe me you were really missed. Off the top of my head I believe we had around 21. Good and enthusiastic crowd.

Kind of funny because the group had kind of resigned itself to no deal would take place of any free agent signings earlier in the party. Suaveness was a llittle later in arriving and dropped the news on everyone. All I can say is wow. Man you would've loved it.

arkman40
07-11-2004, 02:30 AM
Wow, 21. A new record by a mile. That's awesome.

TheSauceMaster
07-11-2004, 02:30 AM
That's my boy Suaveness , Droppin Bombs on the Crowd :laugh::laugh:

I was gonna come but something came up at the last minute , so I couldnt come :cry:

Kstat
07-11-2004, 02:32 AM
He's lucky I alerted him right befor ehe left:D

RWB
07-11-2004, 02:32 AM
Magic Rat, Obnoxious, maybe Hicks and Tim brought cameras and I'm sure will post pics later.

Hmmm...thats strange Rat, Obnoxious, and Tim won the Keller autographs. No it was all legit as we watched Jose draw the names in front of everone. :p

arkman40
07-11-2004, 02:36 AM
Did Tim order a bottle of Tequila when he heard the news from Suaveness?

RWB
07-11-2004, 02:46 AM
Did Tim order a bottle of Tequila when he heard the news from Suaveness?

We were worried but he took it really well. A true fan like our man Tim is Pacers firrst, players second.

Hopefully I'm not leaving anyone out, but here goes.

Roaming Gnome
Magic Rat
Uncle Buck
ABADays
BigMac
Shade
Burnzone
ObnoxiousModesty (lady companion)
Obnoxious himself
RWB
Mrs. RWB
Hicks
Jose
PacerCrazy
Diamond Dave
Peck
Tim
Kegboy
Suaveness

If I left anyone out sorry about that. We were at a point people were dropping in for a short time so they could say hi.

P.S. You'll be happy to know Peck did another fantastic job of keeping the conversation rolling and Roaming Gnome is up to the challenge as well.

Jose Slaughter
07-11-2004, 02:47 AM
This was by far the best party we have had. The news of the trade really shocked us all.

I'm glad we could be there to support Tim during his most difficult time.

And once again we had to take the party outside, this time until 1:15. Over 7 hours, you guys are great.

Shade suggested Perkins next time cause they are open 24/7. :o

This is the group that made up or list.
Jose Slaughter
Peck
Diamond Dave
Burnzone
ABA Days
Hicks
Uncle Buck
Magic Rat
Suaveness
RWB
Mrs. RWB
Roaming Gnome
Tim
Kegboy
Big Mac
obnoxiousmodesty
obnoxiousmodesty's roomie
Pacer Crazy
naturallystoned
Shade

edit: RWB, sorry you & the misses had to set at the kiddie table. I promise next time you can set with the grownups

Shade
07-11-2004, 02:57 AM
Yeah, the party was a blast. I'll definitely be making them from now on out. :cool: :dance:

Kegboy
07-11-2004, 02:59 AM

I'm with Bulletproof!

Well, you know, he really does. I walked past him when I came in, then I turned around, and was like, "Holy *****, it's Rick Carlisle!"

:sarcasm:

Hey MR, make sure to put Rick's head on Hicks body.

Hicks
07-11-2004, 03:13 AM
I just got home. I had a GREAT time and was very happy to meet you all. I will go to as many of these as you have that I can from now on. Really had a lot of fun with you all.

Man, you couldn't have written it in a script better about Al Harrington.

We had talked a bit about how we felt we may just do nothing at all this summer. Suaveness joined us about an hour after we started, and after introductions said "So what do you think about the trade?"

I and a few others said what trade?

"You don't know?"

It was classic. He dropped the news, and we were stunned.

Tim could have died :laugh:

We took a LOT of pictures with 3 different cameras, including the Reggie statue, which although I know it's just a prototype, looked really, really good. Thanks again for bringing it RWB!

As for Rick Carlisle, I think MagicRat looks like him. I don't get at all how anyone thinks I do. Magic literally looks a little bit like him to me. Maybe you're getting us mixed up...

Anyway, seriously really enjoyed meeting and talking with you all, and will most definitely do so again.

It's amazing how things are different in person; it really is.

burnzone
07-11-2004, 04:03 AM
Definitely thanks to Jose Slaughter for arranging this.

The last one was a blast, but this one was even better.
It always seems like the time flies by, and there isn't enough time to talk about everything, even though it went over 7 hours.

Every person there was great, so many different personalities, opinions, and views on certain matters, and everyone was very cool to hang out with.
I truly enjoyed meeting all of you, and seeing some of you from the last party again.

Definitely the highlight was Suaveness rolling in, and breaking the news, not knowing we hadn't heard about the trade yet, especially since the storm had the satellite all f***ed up, so no ESPN for a while.

It would have been priceless to have a pic of the look on Tim's face when he realized Suaveness wasn't bullsh*tting, and especially when Shade got back from running to work to check on it, and get a printout.

Again, we were run out of there around 10:30, when they were wanting to close, but stayed out in the parking lot talking until close to 1:30 am.

I seriously think we would probabaly push 12 hours talking at the next gathering, if we went to a 24 hour place, so Perkns or something like that would be cool.
When everyone has to get going at the end of these, I always think, 'where the f**k did the time go?', it seems like it flies by.

But it always is cool to meet some of the posters in person, everyone is very cool to be around and talk basketball, or anything with.

The sculpture RWB brought was amazing, the pictures will be cool, but probably won't do it justice.

Hopefully, we can have another one of these in November, or so, and maybe have even more people.

:cheers:

Peck
07-11-2004, 06:33 AM
So I'm leaving the party, actually I think U.B. & myself hung out till about 01:40 or something close to it, & I start out on 465.

Just my damn luck I see a car all smashed up with smoke billowing up from under the hood. Was there anybody else there yet? No, of course not. So I call 911 to report the accident & find myself alone working on three injured victims. One of which was going in & out of consciousness. I just have no luck whatsoever. The police were fast on the scene but damn it took Washington Twsp. forever to get there.

Either way I'm eyeing the Marion county deputys trying to figure out if one of them was our own Marion County Deputy. It was at 465 under the Westfield Rd. overpass, by any chance were you one of the MCSD on scene?

Moving on.

The party as usual was a blast. I can't tell you guys who don't come how much you miss by not being there.

Thanks again to Jose Slaughter for putting on such a fine event.

There were a lot of people at this one, far more than have ever attended before.

Notably missing from the event was one FireTheCoach. Ahem!!!!! I had my hopes up for one of those damn pepparoni & Pinapple pizza's.

Also, even as fun as it was I can't help but miss my old nemesis Arkman40;). You'd be proud of me I kept Tim filled with Pizza goodness. You better damn well make the November gathering.

RWB & Mrs. RWB brought this absolutely beautifull sculpture of Reggie Miller. We had our picture taken with it as a group so you guys should be able to see it online. However I am certain that the camera will not do this thing justice. The damn face on Reggie Miller looks like the face on Reggie Miller, it's that good.

Sadly they didn't bring their photo albumn & I'm hoping that for the next gathering they will bring it. They have some very very oldschool photos that are just unreal.

Always good to see RWB & the Mrs. I know Jose said it was the kids seats but I just look at is a Bender criticism free zone. :)

Damn Jose did his usual. He sets there stoically & quietly all the while memorizing any little nugget that might slip from someones mouth. Fortunately there were so many people there last night that I don't think he could hear what I was saying half the time.:p

Hicks made the trip.:dance::dance::dance: Deep inside he still resents the Brad trade, it's my job to release the darkness. Aren't you glad you came? In all honesty he was a very nice young man, as nice in person as he is online. It was great to meet him in person.

Tim was there & we had fun. What a ***** this was. Tim & I were litterally just trying to convince the table how Al would fit perfectly into our starting lineup & how we shouldn't make any move with him just in case Artest blew up in our face when Suaveness dropped the A-Bomb on all of us. We honest to God thought he was joking. Shade had to go get us a printout to show us it was real. The real sad part was that I think we had Kegboy convinced that keeping Al was a good thing.:smart: Well needless to say after Tim found this out we all had to gather together to make sure that Tim didn't :suicide: After he regained his composure he stated he wanted to :puke: He then went into a rant that would have made Hitler or at the very least writerman proud.:soundoff: As he drove away for the night we seriousley were concerned he was going to drive headlong into the Burlington coat factory. But all was good.

In the meantime Uncle Buck left during Tim's rant to go to the bathroom to :bananadance::bananadance: because he knew that he could breath easier because his boy would be in blue & gold for another year. The best part about all of this was when Suaveness came back after leaving for a short time & said that the trade had been rescinded. Everybody laughed because we knew he was joking. Well, almost everybody knew this. Tim's face lit up like a christmas tree & he asked if this was for real. We had to revive Tim after we told him Suaveness was joking. He then went on another rant.

I'm telling you straight up that Magic Rat could have stood up on the table & posed for a sculpture. The guy is chisled like a rock. I honest to God had to ask him if he was a cop or a fireman. You see all the photo's & crap & I figure he is going to be as fat as me or he is going to be one of those skinny cigerette smoking computer geeks. Well, as usuall I was the fattest person there. AGAIN:fatbanana: But damn, this is one person who does not look anything like what you would expect.

He worried me all night. I kept looking to see if he was seceretly filming or photoing us in anyway. He swears he wasn't, but I don't know. A very nice guy as well but very very quiet. Which also scares me.:innocent: But then again I guess I talk so much he didn't get a chance to jump in. Good to meet him as well.

There was a lot of other stuff that happened at the party & others were there that I want to talk about as well. But I have to go for now, I'll get back to this later today.

Will Galen
07-11-2004, 07:07 AM
Just my luck I see a car all smashed up with smoke billowing up from under the hood. Was there anybody else there yet? No, of course not. So I call 911 to report the accident & find myself alone working on three injured victims. One of which was going in & out of consciousness. I just have no luck whatsoever.

There was loads of luck there.

Those people had it.

It was spelled P E C K!

scar
07-11-2004, 07:32 AM
Man it sounds like you guys had a blast! Maybe I can attend some day. I take you guys live around Indianapolis. I live almost in Michigan so that would be a long trip. And my car is also nonexistant, so there is another knock. But I love hanging out with fellow Pacers fans.

MagicRat
07-11-2004, 09:27 AM
I'll let everybody have a guess at who's who.....
http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/FP1.jpg

Tim led the crowd in the wave to celebrate the liberation of Al.........
http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/FP2.jpg

Very cool......
http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/FP3.jpghttp://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/FP4.jpghttp://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/FP5.jpg

Despite reports to the contrary, Tim was all smiles as he read the news of the trade.....
http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/FP6.jpg

ABADays
07-11-2004, 10:39 AM
First time forum party attendee. A lot of fun seeing and listening to the guys. Major props to Jose for getting things organized.

Unfortunately, I had to leave around 930p for an appointment at Hooters (no, really) to talk about a sign and trade for a new bike. While there, I ran to someone who was obviously one of Tim's friends and had to spend the rest of the evening consoling her about the Harrington trade (no, really).

I look forward to next party. And Hicks . . . why are you so down on Kstat! The stuff you were saying was brutal!

Hicks
07-11-2004, 11:44 AM
And Hicks . . . why are you so down on Kstat! The stuff you were saying was brutal!

:laugh:

RWB
07-11-2004, 11:57 AM
Man it sounds like you guys had a blast! Maybe I can attend some day. I take you guys live around Indianapolis. I live almost in Michigan so that would be a long trip. And my car is also nonexistant, so there is another knock. But I love hanging out with fellow Pacers fans.

You need to come if you get a chance Dog. No not everyone lives around Indy. The Mrs. and I had a round trip of 204 miles to attend and this makes our second one (hint, hint) it is well worth it. For those still nervous about going ask anyone who has went what their true feelings are.
:pepper:

Hicks
07-11-2004, 12:03 PM
I just found out MagicRat WAS recording us.... :o

He had his audio recorder on him somewhere. I just was looking on the Pub at "What song are you listening to?" thread, and he posted with "You are there - Pacers Forum Party"

:shudder:

That should be interesting to hear later.

Kegboy
07-11-2004, 12:04 PM
Okay, first of all, Hicks, what does :sarcasm: mean to you? Everybody was "wondering" if you'd look like Carlisle because of your old avatar.

As for MR, all the ladies on here would be PM'ing him if they knew what he looks like. Very surprising.

And yeah, Peck and Tim were really turning me around on the whole Al thing. They didn't have me completely convinced, but they got me on the fence.

For those who get tired of Peck (like myself) he comes across much better in person. I was very impressed.

Hicks
07-11-2004, 12:06 PM
I missed the sarcasm at 3AM :blush:

obnoxiousmodesty
07-11-2004, 12:26 PM
Although I apparently left much earlier than most, I had a great time last night. It was a lot of fun getting to see the personalities I've come to know online come to life in person. Good food, good friends. I look forward to the next get-together.

Oh, and Kat (my "female companion") sends her positive vibes as well. :)

Hicks
07-11-2004, 12:28 PM
Kat was so quiet. :) I'll try to talk to her more next time.

bulletproof
07-11-2004, 12:54 PM
You know, MR, you're going to have match names with faces for all us non-attendees. I'm not good at guessing games.

able
07-11-2004, 12:57 PM
OK in short:

Peck, awesome write up, still waiting the follow-up
MR awesome pictures, where's the rest and who's who
Finally who was discussed, what results, what stats, what lists and who

btw the statue is awesome to say the least.

FireTheCoach
07-11-2004, 01:03 PM
Sorry I had to miss this one guys. I had been planning on being there but I had been feeling ill Friday night and all day Saturday.

Anyway.... I'm glad Al is no longer a Pacer. WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!:pepper::pepper::dance::dance:

bulletproof
07-11-2004, 01:08 PM
Maybe it's just the picture, but the statue of Reggie makes him look like Gollum.

Hicks
07-11-2004, 01:18 PM
It looked more like Reggie in person; in the photo it does look more Gollum-esque :laugh:

MagicRat
07-11-2004, 01:22 PM
Check your answers.....

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/FP7.jpg

Hicks
07-11-2004, 01:27 PM
I just got done making my own version w/ names, but I see MR beat me to it. :( :)

bulletproof
07-11-2004, 01:30 PM
Hey, I got Hicks and ABA Days right in the pic. Already knew who some of the others were. Looks like UB has lost some weight since the last forum party. Shade and Hicks could pass for brothers.

Unclebuck
07-11-2004, 01:40 PM
Hey, I got Hicks and ABA Days right in the pic. Already knew who some of the others were. Looks like UB has lost some weight since the last forum party. Shade and Hicks could pass for brothers.

Suaveness
07-11-2004, 01:42 PM
I am extremely glad that I went. Man was it a blast. Totally. It was definitely relaxed and very fun to talk to everyone. I unfortunetly came late, but it seemed as though it turned out pretty well :devil:

I really enjoyed talking with everyone. Everyone had really good things to say, not to mention we all said a lot now that we had a good topic. Good timing huh?

You should have seen UncleBuck and Tim when they learned of the trade. COMPLETELY different faces. Tim was so distraught, but UB was THRILLED. Artest is still here, so it works out nicely. Poor Tim. As Peck mentioned, we really thought he might go straight into the coat factory :laugh:

Glad to see you guys, will try and make the next party, definitly. And I think I have some photoshopping to do :devil:

Unclebuck
07-11-2004, 02:01 PM
Some quick observations:

For the first hour there were many comments about how the Pacers won't make any trades and how everyone was sick and tired of waiting on something to happen.

Well then Suave walked in and he must have thought we all knew about the trade because he did not make any big announcement, he was at the other end of the long table and but word spread and it was quite shocking news, what were the odds that a trade would be reported during a forum party. It certainly livened up the get-together.

The funniest thing all night was when Tim left and started driving straight towards a building, he was going kinda slow, like he did not even have the desire to end it quick, and from the angle and distance at which we were watching I swear it looked like he was going to go righ through the front door.

This is my second party and one is as good as the last. did miss Arkman, Doug and Southsider or whatever his name is now. Good to see Peck, Burnzone, Jose, and Tim again. Tim held it together pretty well considering his guy was just trade. As Peck mentioned when Suave came back in and said the trade was cancelled, Tim wanted to believe it so bad, that he bought it for a minute.

At a Pacers v Heat playoff game I met Suavenss, Roaming Gnome, MagicRat, and it was good to see them again also.

There were so many firstimers and posters that I had not met before. So I cannot comments on them all, so let me just mention a few things about three of the guys I met for the first time. Kegboy, Hicks and Shade.

They were exactly like you would expect them to be, just like they are on here. Glad you three could make it and hope to see you next time

Unclebuck
07-11-2004, 02:22 PM

We discussed about everythng, I think every current Pacers player was discussed to some degree.

We took a flash poll about 20 minutes after we found out about the trade. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being a great trade. I think someone said an 8, one other person said a 7, there were a lot of 5 and 6, there was one 0 or negative number. Average was 5. something.

Brad Miller was discussed way, way, way, way too much. Sorry Peck.

We talked about Shaq going to the Heat, Boozer situation, all the topical stuff you would expect.

We also took a vote after the trade as to who would start at shooting guard, both who should and who would.

Who should: was maybe 90% Jackson I beleive.

Who will: I think it was 90% who thought Reggie would start, i was one of the few who thought that Reggie would not start.

Talked about Ron of course, he is always good for lively discussion.

Side note: I am amazed at how many don't like Travis Best, for three years now I am always surprised that people do not like Travis Best.

Almost everyone has very, very high hopes for David Harrison. I did not comment too much on that because I just don't know.

Did I mention we discussed Brad Miller, I think I did, but we talked about him

Shade
07-11-2004, 02:38 PM

We discussed about everythng, I think every current Pacers player was discussed to some degree.

We took a flash poll about 20 minutes after we found out about the trade. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being a great trade. I think someone said an 8, one other person said a 7, there were a lot of 5 and 6, there was one 0 or negative number. Average was 5. something.

Brad Miller was discussed way, way, way, way too much. Sorry Peck.

We talked about Shaq going to the Heat, Boozer situation, all the topical stuff you would expect.

We also took a vote after the trade as to who would start at shooting guard, both who should and who would.

Who should: was maybe 90% Jackson I beleive.

Who will: I think it was 90% who thought Reggie would start, i was one of the few who thought that Reggie would not start.

Talked about Ron of course, he is always good for lively discussion.

Side note: I am amazed at how many don't like Travis Best, for three years now I am always surprised that people do not like Travis Best.

Almost everyone has very, very high hopes for David Harrison. I did not comment too much on that because I just don't know.

Did I mention we discussed Brad Miller, I think I did, but we talked about him

PacersCrazy gave the trade an 8. Tim, needless to say, couldn't find a number low enough to give it. :laugh:

The majority gave it a 5-6. I was the same.

Poor Peck. He was far more distraught about Shaq moving to Miami than anything. And that, of course, brought up much-discusso of Brad Miller. :uhoh:

Kegboy
07-11-2004, 02:56 PM

You know, since you have me convinced we're losing AJ, today I'm really starting to think we're gonna sign Travis. We need his shooting (no matter what Peck thinks.)

:devil:

Jose Slaughter
07-11-2004, 03:27 PM
I'd like to thank everyone for their comments about the party & of course Magic Rat for the fine pictures.

I usually leave the update type thing to the others but I did want to mention one thing.

This board has not really been around that long & many of us recall the Star forum before it went to hell.

The group we have posting here at the Pacer Digest reminds me of golden era at the Star.

While we were missing a handful of the top posters at our party lastnight, I can say the quality of lastnights group was simply amazing.

Thanks again to all that took the time to join us, I hope you all had as much fun as I did.

We'll try to do it again shortly after the season gets under way, early November, maybe a week or so before Thanksgiving.

Jose Slaughter
07-11-2004, 03:33 PM
Ya know for some reason I can't get Love Shaq by the B-52's outta my head. :o :o :o

Hicks
07-11-2004, 03:44 PM
Hahahahaha

RWB
07-11-2004, 03:50 PM
nice statue of Reggie. Whos gonna keep it

And maybe I am blind, but where is UB in the pic?

VAP, the mini statue is property of the sculptor. This is the story on it with almost all details. Some names I probably need to leave out to CYA, however if you PM any of the mates at the party they could tell you.

When all the stories were flying at the begining of the season on the radio and in the paper about a statue for Reggie being planned this (the statue) is what they were talking about. What Rat has graciously displayed in his pics is for a better word a mini test model of what could be one day at Conseco. Three members of Pacers management were involved and I will confirm it wasn't DW, LB, or the Simons.

Everyone at the party were the first individuals to see it other than the sculptor and Pacer brass. And now people on the PD forum are the only other ones. Shhhh don't tell anyone
;)

Natston
07-11-2004, 04:03 PM
I got there shortly after nine. When I walked through the set of doors, I knew exactly where to go to (mostly because Peck was loud)... :p I knew who half of the people were just from last year's picture.

I didn't say that much in the beginning because I was sitting down at the kiddie table. Then as people started to leave I made way down the side of the table.

I thought we were in trouble when the Brad Miller transaction and the Dale Davis trade were discussed seconds from each other. :uhoh:

The weirdest part of the post-closing debates was the fact that it seemed that no one wanted to be the person to call it a night. So when one person wanted to leave, three or four people would leave with him.

MagicRat
07-11-2004, 04:07 PM
nice statue of Reggie. Whos gonna keep it

And maybe I am blind, but where is UB in the pic?

How could you miss the MVP?.....

able
07-11-2004, 04:20 PM
You will hopefully understand that reading all this nearly makes me wish I could organize a holiday around one of these events, but then again, if I plan a holiday to Indy, I better see the Pacers play :D so a combo of that would be ideal.

Now all of that is of course under the assumption that you wouldn't mind to have a foreigner discussin ball with you in Indy :D

Glad you all enjoyed it and glad to see hicks' face :)

And no, he doesn't look like Rick :)

Still miss pictures of MR among some others, but have good hope they will appear :)

thanks

Jose Slaughter
07-11-2004, 04:46 PM
Still miss pictures of MR among some others, but have good hope they will appear :)

Lots of other pictures were taken. I'm sure you'll get to see them shortly.

Tim's pics might take awhile however, his PC access is very limited right now.

Our next forum party will be early November, most likely on a Saturday. If the party is the day after a game would that be something you could do?

Friday night gamer, Saturday night forum party.

Peck
07-11-2004, 06:16 PM
Ok, I'm back.

I forgot to mention that just prior to my arriving at the gathering that I had just heard on the radio that Shaq had greenlighted the trade to Miami. Needless to say I wanted to drive into the coat factory myself. I'll talk about this later but this just sucks.

Odds & ends.

I was suprised about the fact that virtually everybody there was pretty high on our draft picks. Harrison I can understand but there were some who just thought that the p.g. we got in the second round would be the steal of the draft.

We had a good honest long discussion about Anthony Johnson. I don't remember the exact split but for the most I think people were ambivilant :whoknows:at best about his return. U.B. & myself were his two supporters with Hicks throwing in his support on the issue as well.

Shade on the other hand was channeling Ragnar :meditate:& put forth that he would rather have about anybody else be the backup.

Travis Bust err... Best was mentioned & my reaction was I couldn't beleive anybody thought that he was worth even mentioning. Then I remembered U.B. was across the table from me then it all started to make sense. After talking about him for just a few min Kegboy decided that he might be worth looking at which of course made me wanna:bananadead: But thank God not many others liked that idea.

You should have seen the look on people's faces when Tim mentioned bringing back Jalen Rose. Of course this was before the great trade of 04 was announced.

The best part of the night, other than seeing everyboyd again, was one thing.

Uncle Buck admitted for all to hear that STARTING MATTERS. That's right, STARTING MATTERS:buddies::champagne::dance:

It was nice to see Diamond Dave in person.:D What's funny is that just prior to Tim & I trying to convince the table about Al, he had gone on & on about how Ron was an (A) player & Al was a (B) but Reggie had become either a (C) or even a (D) player so that if you traded Ron for another good shooting guard & kept Al you would have two (B) players instead of an (A) & a (D) player. Made sense to me, but it was all moot in the end.

Big Mac made an apperance but he couldn't stay long & had his little one with him so I didn't get a chance to say much to him. I regret that.

ABA days kind of snuck in late & stood back for awhile. I didn't get to talk with him at all. I hope he makes the next one so I can talk with him.

Pacercrazy was really really high on the trade. I was a little nervous about being between him & Tim. He was a very nice guy as well & added a lot to the party.

Obnox & his friend were both kind of quiet, but we at least were able to identify the nerd factor of the table with him, Hicks, Diamond Dave & myself all at the same end. Of course I had to go & prove what a nerd I was by showing them my DS9 screensaver on my phone. I'd say they left a little early but they were there for at least 3 hours, slackers. ;)

Roaming Gnome.... At every party I attend there is always one person who I meet that I just haven't paid enough attention to on the forum. R.G. was last nights person. Very very passionate about the game & very knowledgeable about the team & the game. I did find out that he used to post as RaptorX way back in the day at the starnews forum. So that was kind of fun.

We did talk a little bit about forum business at the meeting, but not like we have in the past. I think there were so many there that this time 90% of the topics were dedicated to the Pacers or at least the N.B.A.

Oh yea, I forgot. Look at those pictures again & tell me that Burnzone doesn't look baked, especially in the picture where everybody (but me) was holding thier arms up for.

Side story about that photo, Hicks called me an ***.

The reason? I'm the one who wanted everybody to hold their arms up for that & at the last second took my arms down. I thought it was funny myself.:laugh:

Naturallystoned snuck in & set at the end of the table. He didn't feel like Shaq would put Miami over the top. Jose also thought the same thing.

I was stunned, stunned I tell you, that people weren't concerned about Shaq being in the East.

BTW, it was pretty much the concensus that Reggie would retire after this season. Everybody but me that is.

I wish Doug could have made it.

Honestly there were so many people there for this & it was such fun that I can't remember what all happened to give any better of a report on.

At least I got out of there without Kegboy hitting me for being a blowhard.
;)

able
07-11-2004, 06:26 PM
Peck, thanks once again, it's like being there :)

Jose, thanks for the kind offer, and perhaps if a date is set in stone in advance, well in advance I could convince the GF to let me go to Indy for a week or so or 3 - 4 days, but I would seriously hope there were 2 games close to each other in CFH so I would have a decent reason to let her make this my bd gift :)

I would love it if it could be worked out, be sure of that :)

Doug in CO
07-11-2004, 07:27 PM
xould we get a picture with a caption of whwo is who?

Jose Slaughter
07-11-2004, 09:05 PM
The pictures Magic Rat put up on page 1 of this thread had everyones name by their picture. For some reason they were removed.

Since they were taken down for a reason I really don't wanna re-post them. I'll leave that upto someone else.

MagicRat
07-11-2004, 09:12 PM
I still see the names on page 2...

Anyway, here's the only one I have with me in it.....

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/FP9.jpg

ABADays
07-11-2004, 09:57 PM
I hope you will all forgive me - but when Suave passed on the news about the Harrington trade I called IndyToad immediately on the cell. Asked him how he rated it and he said "well we can't win anything now". Sorry, I didn't pass it on.

Just saw the photo Magic . . . :lol2:

Kegboy
07-11-2004, 10:06 PM
Damn, I don't remember MR being that short. He needs a fireman's hat, too.

:chuckle:

Kstat
07-11-2004, 10:06 PM
And Hicks . . . why are you so down on Kstat! The stuff you were saying was brutal!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Oh sure, without me you people would have gone all night thinking AL was still a Pacer......see if I do any favors for YOU again:unimpressed:

Hicks
07-11-2004, 10:14 PM
Aw he's just kidding 'stat. :D

Kstat
07-11-2004, 10:15 PM
You guys should hold the next one around a pacers/pistons game. That way, when I drive back home after we kick your *** I can stop by.:p

ABADays
07-11-2004, 10:23 PM
I was? Oh, I mean I WAS!

Shade
07-11-2004, 10:44 PM
You guys should hold the next one around a pacers/pistons game. That way, when I drive back home after we kick your *** I can stop by.:p

You may wanna get Sheed to :signit: first, or you'll go back to the team we *****-slapped around all season long. ;)

Hoop
07-12-2004, 01:08 AM

You guys could get Kstat real drunk, take him out and get a Pacer tattoo. :D

Kstat
07-12-2004, 03:17 AM

I could probably drink the entire room under the table if I wanted to.

Kegboy
07-12-2004, 09:53 AM

I could probably drink the entire room under the table if I wanted to.

I go to IU. Bring it on.

6 years ago I could have taken you both combined. Now, not so much.

Suaveness
07-12-2004, 10:07 AM
Ha! I'd kick all yo asses, punks!

(Oh wait....I don't drink...:blush:)

Jose Slaughter
07-12-2004, 10:11 AM

Dude, you did know I was kidding about the warm water....right?

Suaveness
07-12-2004, 10:17 AM

Dude, you did know I was kidding about the warm water....right?

Lol:laugh:

Of course :flirt:

Will Galen
07-12-2004, 11:57 AM

That would really be funny! I can picture him waking up and saying, "What the heck . . . now I'm gonna have to gnaw my arm off!"

Will Galen
07-12-2004, 11:59 AM
Or better yet, tattoo "Go Pacer's" on the inside of his eyelids!

Gyron
07-12-2004, 12:07 PM
K-Stat would never sleep again!!! HAHAHA!:morning:

Unclebuck
07-12-2004, 04:40 PM
Two things I take away from these gatherings.

1) it is amazing how time flies. I arrived at 5:55, figuring I would be one of the first 4 or 5 people there, there were already I think 10 already there. But to think that 7.5 hours flew by that fast. I am the type of person that get very impatient, after maybe 2 hours I am ready to leave any party I have ever been too, but then those parties we aren't discussing the Pacers.

2) There are so many different types of people there, different personalities, but that what makes it fun. I am one of the quieter ones, that might be a surprise to some, but if everyone was as outgoing as Peck it would not work, good to have a mixture of personalities. But the party would not be the same without Peck, he is the leader.

Jose Slaughter
07-12-2004, 05:38 PM
Uncle Buck

I agree 100%

I got there at 5:30. Mr. & Mrs. RWB were already seated & ready to order. Shade walked in just moments after me too.

On point #2. We had an amazing group there Saturday, didn't we?

These parties would simply not be the same without Peck there. There are a lot of very knowledgeable fans on this board & many of them were at the party, yourself included.

But as you mentioned, you tend to be very quite. Peck on the other hand is always throwing out ideas for discussion. That alone isn't enough however. If his hoops IQ was as low as mine, him taking the lead in conversations would only make him look like a know nothing ***. He knows the game, has his views & can express them very well.

Peck has mentioned in the past that I tend to set there & keep quite. When I'm setting at a table with guys like yourself, Peck, Fire the Coach, Doug etc. I think it's best that I keep quite & try to learn something.

bulletproof
07-12-2004, 06:40 PM
Anyone get drunk?

Arcadian
07-12-2004, 08:48 PM
At these meetings do you call people by their Christian names or code names? I'd feel a little weird calling a person Uncle Buck (unless I had an Uncle Buck) or Suaveness.

MagicRat
07-12-2004, 08:57 PM
Anyone get drunk?

Yeah, after everybody got drunk they posed with the MagicRat statue.....

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/FP10.jpg

Pig Nash
07-12-2004, 09:49 PM

Unclebuck
07-12-2004, 09:49 PM
Anyone get drunk?

Not that I noticed.

What names do we use? Pretty much we use the names we use on here. But not always, just depands. The discussion moves so fast and furious, you don't have much time to talk to anyone one-on-one too much.

Jose you are always discounting yourself. You're as knowledgeable as anyone, but you just pick your spots.

MagicRat
07-12-2004, 09:53 PM
Anyone get drunk?

The real answer is "No, nobody got drunk."

I was drinking caffeine free diet pepsi and that, not the time or the conversation, was what eventually forced me to leave the party.

After getting kicked out of the pizza place at 10:30 and standing around in a parking lot for 2 1/2 hours, my bladder was about to explode.......

Jose Slaughter
07-12-2004, 10:13 PM
Magic Rat

I knew you reminded me of someone. It took me til today to figure it out.

Henry Rollins.

I sat across the table from you for more than an hour & never once ask you about Springsteen. I guess there was too much Pacer talk going on.

bulletproof
07-12-2004, 10:34 PM
Anyone get drunk?

What kind of "party" is that?

able
07-13-2004, 05:00 AM
Anyone get drunk?

What kind of "party" is that?

You British????

Seems they also need to get drunk out of their skull to get a party going, and then of course the macho takes over and they all need to prove how tough they are...... No Thanks.

Being Dutch, and of a certain age, I have learned to consume large quantities of alcohol without getting "drunk", and trust me, talking about the Pacers is not something I would want to do drunk, I have a hard time knowing what I'm talking about in the first place, let alone drunk :D

Moderation is the keyword to enjoying things, be they food or drink, even women, no more then a few of each a day and your life is in perfect harmony

:D

Tim
07-13-2004, 08:30 PM
Hello all!

Tim here, just got my internet access back about 90 minutes ago.

I like to tell everyone the party was great, up until Suave showed up :mad::).

I think outside forces preplanned just how I would get the bad news. Had the news broke a couple hours earlier I would have skipped the party. Had my net connection been working I would have spent the next 48 hours here venting about this stupid trade.

It was nice to meet so many people, you all are all great except for maybe Suave. Suave shows up informs us of the trade then has to leave for a bit. When he returns he said something like the trade got cancelled or whatever, giving me hope only to say he was kidding or whatever and I go crashing back down to earth hard. That was evil man.

Oh yeah people, I was not thinking about ending it all at the coat factory. Maybe you all couldn't see but as I was driving away I thought I heard you guys yell something at me and I slowed down and looked back. I even yell out "what?" but nobody said anything except laughed. I just figured you all were continuing the conversation outside.

For everyone who has given thought of going to a forum party, if you enjoy reading this forum and spend too many hours each season here, you might as well plan a trip to the next party, it is worth it.

I would like to thank RWB for the Billy Keller certificate. I am sure I forgot to say anything about it at the party because of the bad news.

BigMac
07-13-2004, 10:13 PM
Big thanks to Jose for organizing the get together. It was nice seeing so many Pacers fans in one place. It was especially enjoyable to sit with RWB and Mrs. RWB (and ABA Days) and talk with them, in depth, abou the Pacers.

I look forward to attending a Pacers game with RWB and Mrs. RWB sometime next year. As some of you know, I post "clearance" price tickets for a lot of home games and I would definitely enjoy meeting up with some of you either before or after the games-during is when it's my time to enjoy the Pacers!

Also, Mini Big Mac enjoyed sitting at the "kiddie" table with Mrs. RWB and RWB. Someday maybe she will understand the discussions and maybe partake in them.

RWB-Awesome sculpture. Please tell the sculptor that I really admired his work (how much would he charge to do a Bob Knight sculpture for me?-sorry if that offends anyone :) ).

Anyway, sorry I was only able to stay for 40 minutes or so. Hopefully next time I can stay during the entire time.

Hicks, sorry, I don't see the R.C. resemblance-I thought you had more of a Larry Bird look (it's a compliment). Uncle Buck-nice to finally meet you. Glad to know NC is well represented. I left about 5 minutes after Suave dropped the bomb and didn't notice Tim's dismay-most likely because I was engrossed with my conversation with RWB and the Mrs. In a way I'm glad they lost my pizza order so I could spend some more time talking Pacers hoops (I had to go because I was able to get out only to get the Pizza for dinner). Anyway, for those of you wishing you had gone, you should have. I look forward to next time and hopefully seeing and meeting one of my favorite posters, Jay@Section222. Hopefully he will make it. RWB and Mrs. RWB, again, thanks for the great conversation. We'll talk when it gets closer to the season about tix.

To Peck: I think you had some competition for biggest attendee (me). Don't feel bad.

And, thanks again to Jose. Nicely done. I enjoyed meeting you and hopefully I can join in more of the group conversations next time.

PacerCrazy
07-13-2004, 11:23 PM
It was Great to meet so many of you. I have been following the boards since back about 3 years when it was over in the Indy Star. I always had trouble logging in over there so never posted much but I would read the boards every day and when this one was created I quickly realized all the bester poster left so I followed too. Once I realized this one was easier to log into I started posting here but I have been reading all your posts since before the Jalen trade so I guess that gives you an idea of how far back I go.

PacerCrazy
07-13-2004, 11:29 PM
I LOVED the party and was definately glad I came. I have been following the boards for 3 years now back when it was in the Indy Star forum but never posted much. I always seemed to have problems logging in. When this board was created I noticed the best posters came here and there seem to be less idiot posting and better control. (The Indy Star admin was always pulling the good posts and doing nothing about the trollers) So I followed. When I realized it was easier to post and log in here I started posting and have since. For those of you lurkers like myself I encourage you to come to the next party. It was a lot of FUN! I have been lurkering around for about 3 years. I know I was reading the posts before the Jalen trade so I am thinking I started following you guys around JAN 2001 or so. Anyway it was nice to get some faces added to the names.

Hicks
07-14-2004, 12:21 AM
You were well spoken and fit in very well with the rest on Saturday, PC. You should post more often. :)

Roaming Gnome
07-14-2004, 12:48 AM
Wow, that party was better then I ever expected. I know the first time that I met with some of you durring the play-offs, I was just so nervous and the time was so short that I didn't really get anything out or a chance to know what to expect from any future type of get together. Last Saturday was a total blast and my nerves were not as bad as I thought they would be. Maybe, it was the grub and no rush to go anywhere. I had a lot of laughs and for once met a group of ppl in person here in Indy that are real Pacer diehards. Ever since I moved here 4 years ago, Saturday was a first. Very reassuring!!!

Thanks again, Jose!

Suaveness
07-14-2004, 11:00 AM
I like to tell everyone the party was great, up until Suave showed up :mad::).

It was nice to meet so many people, you all are all great except for maybe Suave. Suave shows up informs us of the trade then has to leave for a bit. When he returns he said something like the trade got cancelled or whatever, giving me hope only to say he was kidding or whatever and I go crashing back down to earth hard. That was evil man.

Oh yeah people, I was not thinking about ending it all at the coat factory. Maybe you all couldn't see but as I was driving away I thought I heard you guys yell something at me and I slowed down and looked back. I even yell out "what?" but nobody said anything except laughed. I just figured you all were continuing the conversation outside.

:laugh: Oh come now, you KNOW you enjoyed that news :flirt:

I'm not evil per say (well, maybe :devil:), more like giving people a hard time :D

As for the coat factory thing, we were worried you were going to be so depressed that you would run straight into the coat factory doors. We all thought taht was TREMENDOUSLY funny.

Suaveness
07-14-2004, 11:00 AM
That's my boy Suaveness , Droppin Bombs on the Crowd :laugh::laugh:

:devil:

Jose Slaughter
07-14-2004, 03:07 PM
A couple thoughts.

Tim

As you were driving away someone said maybe one of us should follow you to make sure get home safe. I think we all turned to watch you drive off. You were headed right for the front doors of the store at that point. You kept going & going & going, not speeding up, not slowing down & most importantly....... not turning.

The closer you got to the store the more funny it got.

You stopped & yelled "WHAT!", & we all started laughing.

Moving on.......

I might have mentioned this before but I really feel bad about not getting to talk to some of you guys more. The stories that RWB & Mrs. RWB have to tell are really something. I'm sure ABA Days has some good stories to tell about Roger, Freddie & the golden era of the team. You guys need to refresh my fond memories of those years.

For those that missed out, I think we ordered 4 or 5 pizza's, can't recall for sure. We didn't get the pepperoni & pineapple but the pepperoni & saugeage seemed to go over well. I hope there was a little of the veggie left over for Suaveness. I was setting at the other end of the table so I'm not sure.

All in all the bill came to 100 bucks, we all tossed in 10 each & managed to get them a fair tip.

The parking lot meeting has ran its course. From now on, as suggested, we high tail it to Perkins[/]. OMG, they never close, anyone wanna guess how many days the next party will last?

I'm heading back up to the [i]Pizza King this weekend to see if we can do something about our set up. I don't know if we can arrange the tables differently, so that everyone can set together, or at least hear better.

Finally, thanks to everyone for making this our biggest & best party ever. All I did was make a few calls & a handful of post. You guys are the ones that make it a success.

Thanks.

ChicagoJ
07-14-2004, 04:10 PM
Let me make an official request for Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend. We have the traditional Turkey night game and the traditional "Lighting of the Christmas Tree" game; so we know the Pacers won't be playing three nights in a row.

And I'm 99% sure I'll be in town.

Jose Slaughter
07-14-2004, 04:27 PM
Jay

Under most circumstances I could see how that would work. However our location of choice is a stones throw from Castleton Square Mall & you're talking about the first weekend of the Christmas shopping season.

MagicRat
07-14-2004, 10:20 PM
A recently unearthed pic from the party.....

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/Tim.jpg

Hicks
07-14-2004, 10:30 PM

Doug
07-14-2004, 11:19 PM
I'm sorry I couldn't make this one. Sounds like it was a great time, as usual.

Let me make an official request for Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend. We have the traditional Turkey night game and the traditional "Lighting of the Christmas Tree" game; so we know the Pacers won't be playing three nights in a row.

Normally, that would be bad for me, but I think Thanksgiving is going to be at my house this year, so that would work.

MagicRat
07-14-2004, 11:22 PM

Normally, that would be bad for me, but I think Thanksgiving is going to be at my house this year, so that would work.

Normally that would be good for me, but I've got baby #3 due on 11/17.......

Gyron
07-15-2004, 08:48 AM
It's ok Magic Rat, I'm sure they allow kids in Pizza King. And what better way to annoint him into the world than to bring him to a PD Forum Party? You gotta get them started early on the Pacers you know......

MagicRat
07-15-2004, 10:29 AM
It's ok Magic Rat, I'm sure they allow kids in Pizza King. And what better way to annoint him into the world than to bring him to a PD Forum Party? You gotta get them started early on the Pacers you know......

I'm not sure that the Mrs. would let a 10 day old go to a forum party.

My 5 year old could more than hold his own at the party. And he'd definitely talk more than I did.....

Suaveness
07-15-2004, 10:37 AM

Actually, I am all for that. And I will mostly likely be in town too.

SycamoreKen
07-15-2004, 07:27 PM
Once again, the party sounded like loads of fun. I will make it to one sometime. I'm glad you all had fun and made it home safe.

BigMac
07-16-2004, 05:58 PM

My 5 year old could more than hold his own at the party. And he'd definitely talk more than I did.....

Hey,
I brought my five year old this time so next time I'll bring her and they can each have playmates and maybe I can stay a bit longer.

MagicRat
07-16-2004, 06:08 PM

Hey,
I brought my five year old this time so next time I'll bring her and they can each have playmates and maybe I can stay a bit longer.

Yeah, but she had on a Reds visor and he roots for the Cubs. It might cause problems...:box:.....:)

ChicagoJ
07-16-2004, 06:12 PM
I could bring Jay's_Daughter@Section222, but I'm afraid she'd teach everyone to say, "We don't like the Green guys."

Actually, that's probably a good idea. :sarcasm:

Suaveness
07-16-2004, 06:19 PM
Any Cubs fans are quite welcome :D

BigMac
07-17-2004, 11:49 PM
Hey,

[/quote]

Yeah, but she had on a Reds visor and he roots for the Cubs. It might cause problems...:box:.....:)

[/quote]

I don't think that would be a problem. I can only hope she becomes a Reds fan. She only wanted the visor because it was pink.

JOneal7
07-18-2004, 02:31 PM
I was there....Yall saw me right? i was in the corner laughing at you fools. Sipping on a sprite eating some pizza seeing if my celeb status would go unnoticed. Just recently people have approached me asking for me to sign my indy star article. I am now the biggest pacer fan in Indiana. :)
NO ONE CAN TOUCH ME! I'M UNSTOPABLE!
what!

MSA2CF
07-19-2004, 08:01 AM
Just recently people have approached me asking for me to sign my indy star article.

:surprised: :crazy:

bulletproof
07-20-2004, 01:40 PM

Normally that would be good for me, but I've got baby #3 due on 11/17.......

Weeping Jesus on the cross, how do you find time to watch a 3-hour film like The Good, The Bad & The Ugly? And how old are you, Magic? I figured you to be in your mid-20s. Just a sense I got from your posts.

MagicRat
07-20-2004, 03:05 PM
Weeping Jesus on the cross, how do you find time to watch a 3-hour film like The Good, The Bad & The Ugly? And how old are you, Magic? I figured you to be in your mid-20s. Just a sense I got from your posts.

Any non-Disney movie watching at my house usually goes on after 8:30-9:00, once the youngsters are asleep. To watch The Good, The Bad & The Ugly, I had to wait for my wife to go to bed, too, since she has zero interest in watching it. Had to watch it in 2 sittings. Same thing with Once Upon a Time in the West. Definitely don't see as many movies as I used to, at home or in the theater.

I turn 35 in a couple of weeks. I'll make every effort to act my age in future posts......:p

bulletproof
07-20-2004, 03:18 PM

Any non-Disney movie watching at my house usually goes on after 8:30-9:00, once the youngsters are asleep. To watch The Good, The Bad & The Ugly, I had to wait for my wife to go to bed, too, since she has zero interest in watching it. Had to watch it in 2 sittings. Same thing with Once Upon a Time in the West. Definitely don't see as many movies as I used to, at home or in the theater.

I'm in the same boat. It took me two sittings to get through Tarkovsky's Solaris the other night. It's an almost 3-hour film, and I just don't have the stamina anymore. My wife and baby are going on a two-week trip in early August, so I'm going to catch up on my unwatched DVDs then.

Suaveness
07-20-2004, 04:34 PM

I turn 35 in a couple of weeks. I'll make every effort to act my age in future posts......:p

MagicRat, I LOVE the good, the bad, and the ugly. Such a great great movie. Classic.

Tim
07-20-2004, 06:21 PM

Who invited Derrick McKey???

MagicRat
07-20-2004, 07:50 PM

Who invited Derrick McKey???

I have no idea who invited him, but unfortunately he got stuck sitting by Peck. Heavy D wasn't too happy that Peck kept referring to him as "Satan". I thought we were going to have trouble.....

Suaveness
07-20-2004, 07:53 PM

bulletproof
07-20-2004, 10:50 PM
MagicRat, I LOVE the good, the bad, and the ugly. Such a great great movie. Classic.

If you LOVE The Good, The Bad & The Ugly, then you'll really LOVE Once Upon A Time In The West. Same director. Check it out.

obnoxiousmodesty
07-25-2004, 04:34 AM
Well, it took me long enough, but I finally have my pics of the Reggie sculpture online for everyone's perusal. Dial-up users beware.

Link (http://www.geocities.com/obnoxiousmodesty/reggie_statue.html)

Suaveness
07-26-2004, 10:03 AM
You know, it actually took me some time before I realized the statue was even there.... :laugh:

But that definitely looks good.