PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Bass

BornReady
11-29-2009, 10:27 PM
this guy is young, talented, and not getting any time in orlando because he is buried on the bench.
do you guys think we should try and deal for him?

BRushWithDeath
11-29-2009, 10:32 PM
What do we have that they would want?

BornReady
11-29-2009, 10:47 PM
i was thinking we could try and swing a deal with murphy in it. murphy could potentially do what we want him to do for hibbert. he could stretch out the defense with his 3 shooting to clear up the lane for dwight? they could have a lot of fun playing 3 fairly big players in rashard, dwight, and murphy.

i personally like the sound of bass playing alongside hibbert.

BRushWithDeath
11-29-2009, 10:49 PM
i was thinking we could try and swing a deal with murphy in it. murphy could potentially do what we want him to do for hibbert. he could stretch out the defense with his 3 shooting to clear up the lane for dwight? they could have a lot of fun playing 3 fairly big players in rashard, dwight, and murphy.

i personally like the sound of bass playing alongside hibbert.

They have Rashard Lewis. Who's basically Troy but better at everything. I don't know why they'd want the impoverished man's version of their own player.

BornReady
11-29-2009, 10:56 PM
They have Rashard Lewis. Who's basically Troy but better at everything. I don't know why they'd want the impoverished man's version of their own player.

because ryan anderson is getting pretty significant time on the other F position, and troy is arguably a superior version of anderson.

BRushWithDeath
11-29-2009, 11:19 PM
because ryan anderson is getting pretty significant time on the other F position, and troy is arguably a superior version of anderson.

Arguably. And 10 times more expensive.

BornReady
11-29-2009, 11:38 PM
Arguably. And 10 times more expensive.

right, but winning now does have its costs, doesnt it? :P

Pig Nash
11-30-2009, 12:42 AM
I like him, but I can't think of anything they'd want from us.

OakMoses
11-30-2009, 01:20 PM
I'd be very willing to bet that the Magic will trade either Bass or Gortat sometime over the next couple of years.

Like everybody else, I don't know what we have that they'd want. PG is their biggest weakness since Nelson's always hurt, but I can't see them wanting Ford.

NapTonius Monk
11-30-2009, 05:27 PM

Or, you could also argue that Anderson is a better shooting, worse rebounding, younger, less expensive version of Troy Murphy. Certainly not enough to duplicate him at S11 mil.

Solomon Grundy
11-30-2009, 07:12 PM
Bass and Gortat's contracts should add up pretty close to Murphy's contract. Throw in another player from the Pacers' side (Solomon Jones, Luther Head, etc.) and that deal could work in terms of numbers matching. We'd be taking on two multi-year contracts (and both are a little overpaid), but they are two solid players who can provide a spark at both the offensive (Bass) and defensive (Gortat) end. I doubt Orlando would do it, though.

Young
11-30-2009, 07:50 PM
He is a solid player with a reasonable contract but there are some issues:

- Doesn't really make the Pacers better.
- Probably be hard for both teams to agree to a deal.

d_c
12-01-2009, 02:50 AM
Bass and Gortat's contracts should add up pretty close to Murphy's contract. Throw in another player from the Pacers' side (Solomon Jones, Luther Head, etc.) and that deal could work in terms of numbers matching. We'd be taking on two multi-year contracts (and both are a little overpaid), but they are two solid players who can provide a spark at both the offensive (Bass) and defensive (Gortat) end. I doubt Orlando would do it, though.

I'm pretty sure when the Magic decided to sign both those guys this past offseason, it wasn't so they could eventually flip them into Troy Murphy.

For one thing, if the Magic do that trade, they're left with Adonal Foyle as the backup center.