PDA

View Full Version : LBird GAVE AL away--it was personal!

Will Galen
07-10-2004, 11:52 PM
BAH HUMBUG!

Kstat
07-10-2004, 11:52 PM
When did we become Indystar?

zxc
07-10-2004, 11:53 PM
heh. I don't think anyone is too worried about Al "banging against the Pacers 5 or 6 times a year". He is a decent player and probably gonna have a good year but not gonna be striking fear into anyone single handily.

Young
07-11-2004, 12:03 AM
heh. I don't think anyone is too worried about Al "banging against the Pacers 5 or 6 times a year". He is a decent player and probably gonna have a good year but not gonna be striking fear into anyone single handily.

Especially on the Hawks.:laugh:

And look at it this way, we were not going to get much for Harrington anways although I wouldn't mind sending him to Houston for 6.9 exception and a 1rst but this is good too. We got what we need.

scar
07-11-2004, 12:15 AM
I think Jackson is a good player, and as for him not being on their playoff roster, i'm pretty sure ur wrong. Jackson has a ring which is more than anyone else on our team can say. He got to play leading scorer in Atlanta, and now he is ready to go for another championship. Harrington wanted out and he wasn't exactly gunna excel being the 6th man. Sending him to Atlanta is like addition by subtraction. They could have had Jackson without trading Al, but now they can finally have Bender in the regular rotation. I'm very up on Bender, so you've got all smiles from me on this trade. :dance:

zxc
07-11-2004, 12:18 AM
IS ANYONE paying attention?? SJackson was NOT on the SPURS playoff roster.

:laugh:

Anthem
07-11-2004, 12:19 AM
So will Al play SF or PF for the hawks?

If he plays SF, does anyone really think he's going to light up Ron? And if it's PF, does anyone really think he'll outplay Jermaine?

He got what he said he wanted: a primary role on offense. We'll see how he does with it.

EDIT: And PaceCar, Al WASN'T worth a lottery pick. Chicago wouldn't give us the #3, which was one thing, but Cleveland wouldn't even give us the #8! And this was a weak draft.

I'm not sure how much more you think we could get for Al Harrington.

Young
07-11-2004, 12:25 AM
IS ANYONE paying attention?? SJackson was NOT on the SPURS playoff roster.

Left Oak Hill with no college or PRO sponsorship; and only scored his points on a BAD team.

For this player, we give up one of the three that make up the PACER core??

You all must explain this to me. AL HAD to be WORTH AT LEAST A lottery pick, or trade him and dump contracts?!?! What am I missing?

Al is defentily worth a lottery pick in a weak draft, 04, but not in a deep draft, 03.

Al wanted out, we were probably getting crap for him anyways. Live with it because we are all going to see Stephen Jackson in a Pacers uniform.

BTW: You didn't see the Spurs run the the tittle. Jackson was a huge part of why they won in 03 and why they didn't win in 04.

scar
07-11-2004, 12:25 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teamstats?team=sas&seasonYear=2003&season=3

Stephen Jackson saw 24 games of postseason action and was the Spurs 3rd leading scorer on their run to the Championship.

slyder
07-11-2004, 12:27 AM
it's not personal
but DW (case of dale davis)
and now LB (with al) demonstrates
they will take a player at his word
if he states his disatisfaction in a
public way.

this is a message about team over
the individual that should not be lost
on future (read ron artest) players.

next up - deal with golden state and
bird's bud mullin. can he persuade mullin
to take artest for dampier?

Ragnar
07-11-2004, 12:27 AM
Pace Car you need to look into things a little more before posting. Were you one of the people saying Pollard would make us forget about Brad?

The Spurs won the 03 title. In the 02-03 season Jackson played in 80 of the 82 games and started in 58 of them.

Game one of the 03 finals Jackson played 42 minutes. How did he do this if he was not on the roster? Only Tim Duncan played more minutes (2 more to be exact.)

He played 40 minutes in game 2, 36 in game 3, 28 in game 4, 32 in game 5, and 35 minutes in the 6th and deciding game. Seems to me he was not only on the roster he was a very important part of it.

Oh and we did not give him away for a player we could have signed outright. If you missed it the Pacers may have legaly had the mid level but financially they did not. The only way to add a player like Jackson was to eliminate one of ours. We all knew it would be Al and he is the most logical one to go. We have a lot of sf's.

Young
07-11-2004, 12:29 AM
next up - deal with golden state and
bird's bud mullin. can he persuade mullin
to take artest for dampier?

Delete this before anyone else sees it.

The question should be can Mullin convience Bird to trade Artest for Dampier?