PDA

View Full Version : If Possible, Would you trade trade Granger for Jefferson If we signed Melo

MillerTime
11-28-2009, 03:14 AM
Just as the title suggests, would you trade Granger for Al Jefferson if we could sign Melo in 2011?

We have a lot of money available in 2011. Tinsley, Murphy, Dunleavy, Foster and Ford all come off the books. If we were to sign Melo and then trade Granger to the T'Wolves for Jefferson, would you be happier?

Quite frankly I would! Its a bold move to be made be the franchise. Yes a lot of people are thinking "why would Melo and Jefferson want to come to Indy", realistically is Colorado and Minni any better?

Our starting PG still still be an issue, but CP3 and Deron are also expiring (but to be honest, we are not getting them) but I am sure TPTB can find a reasonable PG for us that can play defence and distribute the ball

A starting 5 of:

player x
Rush
Melo
Jefferson
Hibbert

Sounds great to me

What are you guys' thoughts on this?

duke dynamite
11-28-2009, 03:18 AM
Pass. If Melo were to ever, and I mean this with no hope whatsoever, Melo would be that guy that compliments Danny. Or vice-versa. I'd like to see how that would work out.

cdash
11-28-2009, 03:20 AM
If it was a for sure, done and done deal, then yeah, I'd probably do it. I have a hard time believing Melo ever signing here though.

quinnthology
11-28-2009, 03:31 AM
"why would Melo and Jefferson want to come to Indy", realistically is Colorado... any better?

As someone who is living this, YES.

Major Cold
11-28-2009, 10:01 AM
This would not even work in NBA Live.

Justin Tyme
11-28-2009, 10:06 AM
I really like Al Jefferson, and thought he should have been an Allstar last year. I'd trade Granger for him even if Melo was not coming.

Has anyone looked at Grangers stats this year? He's shooting "9" 3 pters and only connecting at 35%... basically 1 in 3. He's become a glorified 3 point shooter. He's shooting 41% FGA. That's Stephen Jackson %! And he's developed what I consider a bad attitude with last years Allstar status. Just watch his posture and his complaining during the games. I'm not impressed with him at all this season. So yes, I'd trade Granger for PF/C Al Jefferson in a heartbeat, and I'd wish Granger much happiness in Minnesota.

With the T-Wolves having Love, they can use/need Granger at SF. The Pacers have Dunleavy and Jones at SF to replace Granger. The Pacers would have their PF of the future in Jefferson.

Thesterovic
11-29-2009, 11:18 AM
The Jefferson trade would make tons of sense for us. We would be set everywhere besides PG. We no longer have a huge cluster of sg/sf, and we have an All Star PF.

Watson/TJ
Jones/Rush/Head
Dunleavy/Rush/Jones
Jefferson/Hansbrough
Hibbert/Hans/Foster

We could trade Murph and a first for our great PG. Two sixth mans in Hans and Ford.

Doddage
12-01-2009, 09:23 PM
I suggested a Granger for Jefferson trade a few months ago, and everyone on the board besides one person was on my case about even mentioning the possibility of it. Interesting how things change.

Inca Street
12-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Quite frankly I would! Its a bold move to be made be the franchise. Yes a lot of people are thinking "why would Melo and Jefferson want to come to Indy", realistically is Colorado and Minni any better?

Minny and Indy do not even come close to sniffing Denver.

I grew up in Indy, and now live in Denver. Denver/CO has a huge "transplant population"........tons of former MidWesterners now live in Denver/CO (Minny is part of the midwest).

How many native Coloradans have you come across living in Indy? Minny?