PDA

View Full Version : DJ Augustin at AS break

Thesterovic
11-22-2009, 03:38 PM
DJ Augustin and Tyson Chandler

Troy Murphy and Travis Diener and Earl Watson.

They get nearly 5M in cap relief, a warm body that can actually play, and get some boards which they desperately need. They also get 15 ppg from Murphy as well. They really need the offense. Earl Watson is a very good sixth man that would be complement to Larry Brown's style. They desperately lack consistent PG play, thus the need for Earl Watson. They have shown the lack of trust to DJ by resigning Felton. Felton is also a player that MJ loves, so DJ doesn't have a great opportunity there. He could come here and get a chance, and probably take Ford's spot next year. Then we have to deal with Chandler. A more injured version of Jeff Foster on speed. JOB may be tempted to play him instead of Hibbert, that I won't like. If Chandler can come in and play PF and C for 50 games a year, thats okay. He'll be a 11m expiring contract, and has almost the same trade value as Murphy.

NapTonius Monk
12-02-2009, 02:11 AM
DJ Augustin and Tyson Chandler

Troy Murphy and Travis Diener and Earl Watson.

They get nearly 5M in cap relief, a warm body that can actually play, and get some boards which they desperately need. They also get 15 ppg from Murphy as well. They really need the offense. Earl Watson is a very good sixth man that would be complement to Larry Brown's style. They desperately lack consistent PG play, thus the need for Earl Watson. They have shown the lack of trust to DJ by resigning Felton. Felton is also a player that MJ loves, so DJ doesn't have a great opportunity there. He could come here and get a chance, and probably take Ford's spot next year. Then we have to deal with Chandler. A more injured version of Jeff Foster on speed. JOB may be tempted to play him instead of Hibbert, that I won't like. If Chandler can come in and play PF and C for 50 games a year, thats okay. He'll be a 11m expiring contract, and has almost the same trade value as Murphy.

:signit: :plot:

Pacersfan46
12-02-2009, 03:30 AM
1 - They would save 3.3 million according to Hoopshype, not 5 million.

2 - We are so insanely close to the luxury tax next year, there's no way we do any deals that even add a dollar to our salary for next season.

-- Steve --

IUfan4life
12-03-2009, 04:26 PM
never happening

himikey
12-04-2009, 10:16 PM
Denied. Larry Brown would never agree to a starting frontcourt of Murphy and Nazr Mohammed.

Thesterovic
12-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Denied. Larry Brown would never agree to a starting frontcourt of Murphy and Nazr Mohammed.

Larry Brown is not the GM. He has no such right. Some could say Murphy is better than a 40 game per season Chandler.

Pacersfan46
12-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Larry Brown is not the GM. He has no such right. Some could say Murphy is better than a 40 game per season Chandler.

Yes, Larry Brown is the coach. If you think GM's don't talk to coaches about these things and get a feel for whether the coach wants these deals or not .... you're fooling yourself. Terribly.

-- Steve --

Thesterovic
12-06-2009, 10:10 PM
Yes, Larry Brown is the coach. If you think GM's don't talk to coaches about these things and get a feel for whether the coach wants these deals or not .... you're fooling yourself. Terribly.

-- Steve --

He's not the guy that gets the deal done, is he? I'm sure Dantoni wasn't cool with Shaq in exchange for Shawn Marion. He was terrible for them, and I think Dantoni would rather play with a mad Shawn Marion than Shaq.

IUfan4life
12-06-2009, 11:05 PM
He's not the guy that gets the deal done, is he? I'm sure Dantoni wasn't cool with Shaq in exchange for Shawn Marion. He was terrible for them, and I think Dantoni would rather play with a mad Shawn Marion than Shaq.

stop arguing, this trade will never happen in a million years. if this trade were to happen all it would do is make us get rid of Roy

Thesterovic
12-07-2009, 04:20 PM
stop arguing, this trade will never happen in a million years. if this trade were to happen all it would do is make us get rid of Roy

What? Please explain the Roy thing. I'm not arguing, but I know it is a huge sin to show my opinion.

KanyeSwift
12-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Earl watson is better for us than augustin. Troy Murphy just has to go!. ... but I like Earl Watson. I'm not huge fan of Tyson Chandler either.

IUfan4life
12-07-2009, 07:41 PM
What? Please explain the Roy thing. I'm not arguing, but I know it is a huge sin to show my opinion.

well in this case your opinion is just flawed, and wrong which doesn't really make it an opinion.

but onto Roy. bringing Tyson Chandler in only stunts his growth that much more, and we will be forced to trade him when his trade value and contract are not high prices