PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix

RA231
07-09-2004, 11:15 PM
Phoenix is going to be a good team next year if nobody matches Qs contract. With him, they are going to trade either JJ or Marion for a center. They are both very good players and will get a good center with either one. This team will be very good next a year and a few years to come. They just need a good coach and they would be a title contender next year IMO. I hope they dont get a good coach though.

bapspacers4life
07-09-2004, 11:19 PM
umm maybe so.. but in long run they suck by 2007 bec of nash age

RA231
07-10-2004, 12:56 AM
Yea I know, thats why I said a few years

Jose Slaughter
07-10-2004, 01:16 AM
They have one of, if not the the top point guards in Europe coming over.

They picked up the rights to Milos Vujanic in the Marbury deal with the Knicks.

I don't think he will be ready to step in & be a regular starter for a couple years but by the end of the coming year he should be able to handle it if Nash goes down.

Also, there is no way the Suns move Marion for a center.

As up & coming as that team is there will a few guys available to them. With Amare, Marion, Q, Johnson & Nash all they really need is a player like Foster. Voskuhl might even work until Lampe works into the postion.

RA231
07-10-2004, 01:18 AM
They have Barbosa to, he started last year and is like 21 years old.

Jose Slaughter
07-10-2004, 01:38 AM
They tried Johnson there too. Barbosa is a natural 2 with very good ball handling skills. His quick release & the range he has on his shot make him a perfect backup to Johnson.

If the Clips let Q walk then the Suns are gonna be loaded at the 2/3.

Marion, Richardson, Johnson, Jacobson, Cabarkapa & Barbosa

I still don't see Marion being moved.

RA231
07-10-2004, 01:42 AM
Ive heard a few Sun fans say that if Q comes then JJs getting traded, probably for a center.

Mourning
07-10-2004, 04:32 AM
Ive heard a few Sun fans say that if Q comes then JJs getting traded, probably for a center.

And THERE is exactly my problem with Phoenix. Who of good quality, besides Stoudamire, do they have in the paint? Who can crash the boards for them, besides Marion and Amare? I still think they should have gotten a Center or atleast should be pushing HARD for one now in a trade, but the fact that they are already set everywhere and doubly on SG doesnt enhance the negotiating position they are in.
Seems a bit of a repeating pattern for the Suns, remember beginning of last year and the off-season? Didnt they a trade with Washington to get White? He's already gone again, but somehow Phoenix has always searched for a Center whois better than just average, without much success.
IF I were them I would have made a run at Boozer or Okur before Nash, just my two cents.

Its still a nice team they have now, but I dont see them getting far at all in the play-offs coming season.

Regards,

Mourning:cool: