PDA

View Full Version : Barry to sign with Spurs: 4 yrs, $22-24M

blanket
07-09-2004, 10:58 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1837273

There goes another option for us... :(

MSA2CF
07-09-2004, 11:01 PM
Good, the Spurs have spent their money now. In the future, it will be more difficult for them to make moves & "improve."

RA231
07-09-2004, 11:08 PM
Jackson is comin to Indy. With Atlantas draft, hes not going back there, Spurs just sign Ginobli and Barry so hes not goin there, that leaves us as his last option. Unless some team offers him a 7 year 100 million dollar contract then he isnt comin here.

Young
07-09-2004, 11:09 PM
Nice pickup by the Spurs.

They lacked permineter shooting last season, they missed Jackson, and Kear. Hedo is to inconsistant.

Barry is a real nice pickup. They still have a couple of holes but this was a nice signing.

bapspacers4life
07-09-2004, 11:11 PM
Bring S jackson to indy !!! :dance::dance:

Hicks
07-10-2004, 12:08 AM
This surely means we're in the driver's seat for S.Jackson.

Unclebuck
07-10-2004, 12:19 AM
Pacers won't sign him outright. It will have to be a sign and trade. Is that what everyone is assuming ?

Hicks
07-10-2004, 12:20 AM
Pacers won't sign him outright. It will have to be a sign and trade. Is that what everyone is assuming ?

We might sign him outright.

Again, the story is Al and Tinsley for Terry, sign Jax w/ MLE, or Atlanta re-signs Jackson, and we trade Al, Pollard, Tinsley.

Unclebuck
07-10-2004, 12:25 AM
Pacers team payroll is already at 61 million I don't see them adding another 5 milion for Jackson

Hicks
07-10-2004, 12:27 AM
Pacers team payroll is already at 61 million I don't see them adding another 5 milion for Jackson

Then expect (if true) the 3 for 2 trade.

PacerMan
07-10-2004, 01:09 AM

Again, the story is Al and Tinsley for Terry, sign Jax w/ MLE, or Atlanta re-signs Jackson, and we trade Al, Pollard, Tinsley.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::l augh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::la ugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hicks
07-10-2004, 01:26 AM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::l augh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::la ugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

.... Ok. Why don't you read the forum more before you laugh it off.

Jose Slaughter
07-10-2004, 01:41 AM
I don't buy it either Hicks.

Back on topic........

The Spurs are set. Man that lineup looks solid.

skyfire
07-10-2004, 08:26 AM
Barry would be backing up the two guard spots correct? Who have the Spurs got playing SF? Bowen is still a FA and Turk has left.

But Parker, Ginobili and Barry is a pretty solid 3 guard rotation.

3Ball
07-10-2004, 09:40 AM
You know, if my math is right, they're paying him less than we pay Foster, Bender or Harrington.

PacerMan
07-10-2004, 10:07 AM

.... Ok. Why don't you read the forum more before you laugh it off.

I've read everything on here. :D