PDA

View Full Version : Remember Jim Stack?

Hicks
07-09-2004, 08:45 PM
Seldom spocken about assistant coach under Isiah Thomas.

Well, he just got a considerable promotion. New GM of the Timberwolves.

http://www.spursreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12060

MSA2CF
07-09-2004, 09:39 PM
:laugh: This is so weird. I am busy cleaning and I found the 2001-2002 Indiana Pacers Yearbook, and lo and behold, I stumbled upon the part about Jim Stack and I was reading about him about an hour ago. Congrats Jim.

bapspacers4life
07-09-2004, 09:44 PM
GOOD FOR JIMMY LET GIVE HIM BEST OF LUCK :D

ChicagoJ
07-09-2004, 11:41 PM
He was always better suiting for the front office than the bench. I suspect he really regrets shooting his career in the foot. Had he stayed in the front office in Chicago, Krause would have been forced out a season or two earlier.

:evil:
Typos

Kegboy
07-10-2004, 12:06 AM
He was always better suiting for the front office than the bench. I suspect he really regrets shooting his career in the foot. Had he stayed in the front office in Chicago, Krause would have been forced out a season or two earlier.

Yeah, but would you rather be #2 with the Wolves, or have to clean up Jerry's mess in Chicago? :neutral:
:duel:

Anthem
07-10-2004, 02:10 AM
The mess was easy to clean up.

Chicago keeps adding to it.

ChicagoJ
07-10-2004, 09:55 AM

Yeah, but would you rather be #2 with the Wolves, or have to clean up Jerry's mess in Chicago? :neutral:
:duel:

I understand your point, but a significant number of Jerry's worst moves came after Jim Stack left and joined the Pacers (giving up Brand, Miller and Artest for nearly nothing (as of today), numerous bad draft picks, overpaying Eddie Robinson and others (don't remember if Mercer was signed before Stack left or not), general ill-will in the community, etc.)

IOW, it didn't have to get this bad up here... although I think its funny. :devil:

I've seen the following slogan on a few CTA busses: "Bulls: Through Thick and Thin." I think they are still expecting a few more 25-win seasons before they can get it turned around.