PDA

View Full Version : The $$$$$ are really getting sickening

PacerMan
07-09-2004, 02:43 PM
40, 50 MILLION $ contracts going to ROLE players. Not even stars....................
F'ing crazy.
And we pay $150 to take a date to a game because of it. Not to mention the premium on every product we buy that pays millions to advertise while paying this lunacy.
Pay a superstar the going rate and you can't field a first class team AROUND him anymore.
30 million dollars in one year, to play basketball. That's really sickening when we've got 1 in 5 americans without health insurance because they can't afford it.
Not coming down on hoops, baseball is almost as bad.
Musicians have ONE GOOD ALBUM and they are set for life. Their own recording studios given to them,
ETC ETC ETC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: maniac:
(climbing down off bandwagon)

RA231
07-09-2004, 03:18 PM
Sure glad we got Foster, Artest, and JO locked up for a while, Foster gets 4 mil a year, Artest get 5 mil a year, and Jo get 13 mil a year. We are lucky we got a smart GM.

Shade
07-09-2004, 03:28 PM
Damn, JO at 13 mil is looking like a real bargain now. :eek:

blanket
07-09-2004, 03:43 PM
Damn, JO at 13 mil is looking like a real bargain now. :eek:

Given the $ that's being thrown out this summer, almost our entire roster is a bargain.

A lot of people complained about Foster's deal when it was signed, but if you look at what Foyle, Blount and Skinner got - three C/PFs comparable to Foster -- he's being paid at or even a bit below his market value.

RA231
07-09-2004, 03:55 PM
Damn, Crosheres contract is starting to look like a deal

Unclebuck
07-09-2004, 03:59 PM
I just wonder if teams believe the next CBA will be very different without luxury tax.

PacerMan
07-09-2004, 08:26 PM
Don't complain, it's called a free market. If there wasn't demand for the NBA prices would go down. That's just how i t is. Deal with it. I live in Southern California and trust me I have to pay more than $150 to get 2 tickets for good seats to go watch the Pacers when they come down here...

I'll complain all I want. It's called free speech. Fact is, they're already pricing themselves out of most families discresionary funds. Corporations now pay the bulk of the moneys, mostly in advertising, by way of tv contracts.. THEY in turn pass those costs on to the consumers of their products. And the spiral continues.
I deal with it by not going to many games anymore. And I've never taken my whole family and likely never will. DESPITE the incredible dollars being thrown around, the league IS in trouble, with the degree debatable. But just as with baseball, when you remove the HUGE impact of KIDS attending games, you lose a whole generation of fans. That will kill any sport in time. And it is bankrupting this country, little by little. You in California should have SOME grasp of that.....

Ultimate Frisbee
07-10-2004, 12:06 AM
i like basketball and music.