PDA

View Full Version : A mention of Stephen Jackson

Jose Slaughter
07-09-2004, 09:41 AM
Manu good as gold: $52 million worth

Web Posted: 07/09/2004 02:53 AM CDT

Johnny Ludden and Mike Monroe
Express-News Staff Writers

Spurs officials have been encouraged by their talks with Seattle free-agent guard Brent Barry. They also have spoken with the agent for former Spurs guard Stephen Jackson, but Jackson is likely seeking a deal similar to the one Orlando gave Turkoglu.

Hedo Turkoglu, who replaced Ginobili in the starting lineup midway through last season, agreed Wednesday to a six-year offer sheet with Orlando that could end up being worth close to $40 million.

Suaveness
07-09-2004, 09:45 AM
If that is the case, then I doubt we get him.

Grant
07-09-2004, 09:49 AM
If that is the case, then I doubt we get him.

Actually that is good news IMO.

Turkoglu got the MLE. Stephen Jackson is apparently also looking for a long-term MLE offer. Discusion here is that Jackson might be looking for more (which would require a sign-and-trade).

If its just the MLE that he wants, he can be signed outright.

Jose Slaughter
07-09-2004, 09:52 AM
Can you name the last time the Pacers used thier MLE?

A: Never

B: Never

C: Never

D: Not in my lifetime, which is almost as long as never.

Harddrive7
07-09-2004, 09:53 AM
I don't understand then why the hell we're not trying to negotiate with him. Ok we're probably talking to him or his agent somewhat, or here I'll tell you what....

LET THE DAMN FANS IN ON A LITTLE OF WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

I'm sick of this year after year, waiting and waiting, being in the dark. I'm tired of living off of pure speculation. Let's US in one something guys. :mad:

sixthman
07-09-2004, 10:25 AM
If the Pacers let you in on what they were doing, Harddrive7, you wouldn't have nearly as much fun being unhappy. :)

Jose Slaughter
07-09-2004, 10:37 AM
What they are doing is simple.

They are waiting for the players that can get the big bucks to match up with the teams that can pay the big bucks.

There will always be a handful of 2nd & 3rd tier players left, looking for some team that has a roster spot available.

It will get to the point where some of them will settle for the minimum or close to it just so they can be on a team & play next season.

That is the point where the Pacers always swoop in a pick off the final piece to their puzzle.

Terry Mills

Carlos Rogers

I could even put Anthony Johnson in there too even thou he played a much larger role than most.

Don't look for anything to happen until very late in the month or maybe even into August.

bulletproof
07-09-2004, 11:16 AM
Can you name the last time the Pacers used thier MLE?

A: Never

B: Never

C: Never

D: Not in my lifetime, which is almost as long as never.

:lol2:

Second time in as many days you've given me the opportunity to use my new favorite emoticon, Jose.

bulletproof
07-09-2004, 11:18 AM
I don't understand then why the hell we're not trying to negotiate with him. Ok we're probably talking to him or his agent somewhat, or here I'll tell you what....

I'm sick of this year after year, waiting and waiting, being in the dark. I'm tired of living off of pure speculation. Let's US in one something guys. :mad:

You're kidding, right?

Harddrive7
07-09-2004, 11:35 AM

You're kidding, right?

Yes, I just like saying it once a year. My therapist said that it would be best if I did.

Anthem
07-09-2004, 11:36 AM
Umm.....

Anthony Johnson was signed at the beginning of the offseason.

You must be thinking of Kenny Anderson.