PDA

View Full Version : Blasphomy while taking advantage of the Rockets situation

CableKC
07-11-2009, 12:59 PM
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/07/10/morey-says-rockets-will-trade-for-center/#cont

I know it's blasphomy....but I would take advantage of the Rockets situation and see if Morey would be interested in:

Jeff Foster

for

Carl Landry+Brent Barry

This would give the Rockets a Cheap stop-gap solution at the Center spot until they figure out what happens with Yao.....at the cost of giving up a prospect at a position that they have some depth at ( they have Scola, Hayes and Dorsey ) without giving up some asset like Battier or TMAC.

The Pacers get an Athletic Low-Post scoring PF Prospect along with adding depth a 3pt shooter at the GF rotation that doesn't demand many minutes while giving us some SalaryCap Breathing room for the next 2 seasons.

Ozwalt72
07-11-2009, 04:47 PM
I would rather keep Foster. As it looks now, he is our only legitimate option at center behind Hibbert.

CableKC
07-12-2009, 03:06 AM
I'd live with Hibbert, Murphy and McRoberts as our Center options if we had the chance to get Landry while a clearing a decent amount of Capspace for the 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 seasons.

If anything, it would make our Frontcourt more athletic.

The main goal ( however ) of this deal would be a SalaryDump while getting back a cheap Low-Post athletic scoring PF to boot.

joew8302
07-12-2009, 03:11 PM
Doesn't sound bad, but I would think the Rockets wouldn't be too thrilled with the deal.