PDA

View Full Version : Another "Probably Nothing" rumor Artest for Pierce

Hicks
07-09-2004, 12:47 AM
I'm not believing this one nearly as much as the Atlanta stuff, but it's a very borying time and any 'news' is worth posting right now :laugh:

http://www.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71364

Artest, Cro and future 1st rounder to Boston for Pierce.

I heard this one on ESPN radio today. I kinda like it since it involves dumping Cro's contract and keeps our core team intact.

It was one of the guests on either Dan Patrick or The Herd. He said Ainge has had a hard-on for Artest since watching him bascially make PP look like "a NBDL player" in the first round of the playoffs. He also said Pierce is the only tradable player on the Celtics roster. Nobody in the NBA wants any of the other players. So if Ainge wants to improve through trades....Pierce is it.

Anyone else hear Dan Patrick today? Can you confirm or deny this?

I won't hold my breath until if and when I hear this again from someplace else, but it's a boring time of the summer, so let's discuss:

Ron and Cro for Pierce and a draft pick.

You do that, then you can just keep Al as the starting SF.

Tinsley
Pierce
Harrington
O'Neal
Foster

Could be a very interesting lineup.

Anthem
07-09-2004, 12:56 AM
Man, Al Harrington and Paul Pierce in the same starting lineup?

Jermaine would never see the ball!

Unclebuck
07-09-2004, 09:08 AM
I listened to only parts of DP yesterday and did not hear anything about this, but I could have easily missed it.

If, and I say if the Pacers have decided they have to move Artest. This would be a pretty good deal.

I really worry about whether Pierce could change his game. Would he be happy averaging 18 pts per game

75Ranger
07-09-2004, 10:39 AM

He doesn't see the ball anyway when Artest is playing so whats the difference.

Lord Helmet
07-09-2004, 11:39 AM
Please don't trade Ron!!!I like Paul and I think he would be great on our team but didn't the first round prove that Ron is better?

SoupIsGood
07-09-2004, 01:17 PM
Artest/Harrington/Croshere for Pierce/Perkins/LaFrentz/Draft Pick

:dance: BOOM BABY :dance:

My damn bannaner froze

Kegboy
07-09-2004, 01:29 PM

Yup.

The talk of the Olympic team reminds me of the WC's two years back. After seeing what I saw of Pierce's selfish play (not to mention hearing what I heard afterward) I never want to see him in a Pacers uniform. Ever. Considering Quinn Buckner was part of the USA basketball committee back then, I would think Donnie's heard a mouthful from him about it, too.
---
I like shooting guards that can shoot.
:duel:

beast23
07-09-2004, 02:16 PM

Get real. He and Artest both played heavy minutes, meaning they were on the floor a lot together, and JO averaged 20 and 10.

Doesn't sound like a player who doesn't get to see the ball to me.

PacerMan
07-09-2004, 02:31 PM
Please don't trade Ron!!!I like Paul and I think he would be great on our team but didn't the first round prove that Ron is better?

It's not 1 on 1 for the championship! :laugh:

PacerMan
07-09-2004, 02:32 PM

that was one series. he had 1 bad series. let it go

:rolleyes:

PacerMan
07-09-2004, 02:33 PM

Get real. He and Harrington both played heavy minutes, meaning they were on the floor a lot together, and JO averaged 20 and 10.

75Ranger
07-09-2004, 02:55 PM
[/quote]

Get real. He and Artest both played heavy minutes, meaning they were on the floor a lot together, and JO averaged 20 and 10.

[/quote]

Harrington gets the knock that hes selfish which I think is unfair. Yes he holds on to the ball and makes some stupid decisions but Artest can do the same thing and nobody says a word.

Look Artest likes to have the ball in his hands, and he likes to take alot of shots, whats so hard to understand about that. He played that way all year but the difference was in the piston series he just wasn't hitting his shots and kept forcing the issue.

Hes also made the statement that he wants the offense to run through him more. To me hes a selfish offensive player and nothing special in that area of the game.To be fair I think hes a great competitor, great defender so maybe people will tend to give him more leeway then they would with Al.

PacerMan
07-09-2004, 08:42 PM

that was one series. he had 1 bad series. let it go

:rolleyes:

Ok, why the rolling eyes at me? Im confused

The Pistons series was the worst, but Ron dominating the ball (at times) was a problem all year. Thus my response. (nothing personal) :D

PacerMan
07-09-2004, 08:44 PM

Harrington gets the knock that hes selfish which I think is unfair. Yes he holds on to the ball and makes some stupid decisions but Artest can do the same thing and nobody says a word.

Look Artest likes to have the ball in his hands, and he likes to take alot of shots, whats so hard to understand about that.

He played that way all year but the difference was in the piston series he just wasn't hitting his shots and kept forcing the issue.

Hes also made the statement that he wants the offense to run through him more. To me hes a selfish offensive player. Hes also a great competitor, great defender but in my oppinion hes only a good offensive player nothing special in that area of the game.

I saw him have one bad series against Detroit, but other than that, he didnt seem to selfish to me.

As for him wanting the ball, the offense runs good throgh him, and he is a competitor, so he wants the ball to go through him. He takes blames for the losses, and gnereally doesnt want to much credit for the wins.

But he takes the blame by saying HE didn't do enough. ANd that HE needs the ball more.

Unclebuck
07-10-2004, 12:00 AM
Here is the definition of selfish.

Selfish
Pronunciation: 'sel-fish
Function: adjective
1 : concerned excessively or exclusively with oneself : seeking or concentrating on one's own advantage, pleasure, or well-being without regard for others
2 : arising from concern with one's own welfare or advantage in disregard of others <a selfish act>

I don't think that is Ron at all. He only wants to win, now the problem is he thinks the best way for the team to win is for him to do it all on the offensive end. He might be overconfident but I don't he is selfish.

bapspacers4life
07-10-2004, 12:07 AM
Paul Pierce make me wanna:puke:

Kegboy
07-10-2004, 12:21 AM
I don't think that is Ron at all. He only wants to win, now the problem is he thinks the best way for the team to win is for him to do it all on the offensive end. He might be overconfident but I don't he is selfish.

Yup.

Al on the other hand...:shrug:

PacerMan
07-10-2004, 01:11 AM
Here is the definition of selfish.

Selfish
Pronunciation: 'sel-fish
Function: adjective
1 : concerned excessively or exclusively with oneself : seeking or concentrating on one's own advantage, pleasure, or well-being without regard for others
2 : arising from concern with one's own welfare or advantage in disregard of others <a selfish act>

Ok, he's a ball hog, not selfish. :laugh:

PacerMan
07-10-2004, 01:13 AM

Yup.

Al on the other hand...:shrug:

That's SUCH bull ****. You don't know the first thing about EITHER of these guys. But you claim that one is something, and the other is somethiing else. DESPITE the FACT that they both do the SAME THING.
You Artest apologists are gettting REAL old. :boxer::boxer::boxer::boxer: