PDA

View Full Version : New Thoughts on Unrestricted FAs

thejet35
07-08-2004, 09:55 PM
Since I'm new here I'm not going to come in and act like an expert... but I just thought I would throw some names in that I have not seen that caught my eye on the free agent list for the off-season. I would be happy to get Damon Jones or Troy Hudson if we could pick them up. I know that Jones would definitely help our perimeter game and in '03 Hudson had a great year. They seem like the type of guys that would fill the holes we need filled and would not need blockbuster deals to do it. Anyway, just something to provoke more arguments and ideas.

:unimpressed:

Suaveness
07-08-2004, 09:59 PM
:welcome:

MSA2CF
07-08-2004, 09:59 PM
I don't know anything about Jones.

Troy is a great shooter, from the foul line especially. I think he'd fit in well with the Pacers, perhaps replace Anthony Johnson should he not re-sign.

Unclebuck
07-08-2004, 10:25 PM
Damon Jones played for Carlisle in Rick's first year at Detroit. I have always liked him. He hit the pacers with three 3's in the 4th quarter of a game last December

I think AJ is better. But Rick would have a strong opinion of him

thejet35
07-09-2004, 10:15 AM
By AJ do you mean Anthony Johnson? You think Anthony Johnson is better than Damon Jones? I would like to hear why exactly. To me Jones is quicker, a better shooter all-around, and just as good of a ball handler. And I think he would be a 2 guard... not a one... at least as a part of our roster. He gets more assists per game than Johnson, would score more than Johnson if both were put at the 2 G position, is a better three-point shooter than Johnson... marginally... but I think more so if we got more looks as a 2 G. Just by looking at stats anyway.

Besides... I'd really like Troy Hudson. 40% three-point shooter... faster than both of them... more of a all-around threat. Can play PG if we need him to, great ball-handler. He would be a nice fit here and is in the shadows w/ the T'wolves.

J. Tinsley/A. Johnson
D. Jones or T. Hudson/R. Miller
R. Artest/J. Bender
J. O'Neal/A. Croshere
J. Foster/D. Harrison

In fact, if you want to get real crazy... and just throw things out for though. I would want to bring T. Hudson here as PG and get Stephen Jackson as SG. That would be even better.... but I highly doubt that will ever happen.

Slick Pinkham
07-09-2004, 11:30 AM
Hudson is 6'1" 170 lbs,
Damon Jones 6'3" 185 lbs.

There is no way either one plays significant minutes at SG. They are smaller than our current undersized 2, Freddie.

Jones doesn't defend physical PGs like AJ can, though I'd prefer Damon, maybe, due to quickness.

Hudson wants to start, so you would have to move or bench Jamaal. I'm not sure I like that.