PDA

View Full Version : New York Move

esabyrn333
07-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Travis Diener, Jamaal Tinsley & Jeff Foster

for

Eddy Curry & Jarred Jeffries

Contracts are the same length except for Travis.

New York Does it because they get Travis's expiring contract, Jeff is better than Jeffries & Curry and is more tradable for an expiring contract at the trade deadline. If Jamaal is able to produce in Dantoni's system his trade value would increase or give them more production than Cury & Jeffries in thier system.

We do it because we move Tinsley and it helps balance our roster would give us 2 true Centers Hibbert & Curry. Leaving Mcbob & Physco T to back up Murphy. Jeffries give us a defensive minded wing to back up Granger. It also makes room for Price to back up Jack & TJ or if we decide to move TJ it doesn't hurt us at all by moving Diener.

BBALL56HACKER
07-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Why would the pacers do a bad trade like this?

esabyrn333
07-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Why would the pacers do a bad trade like this?

To move Tinsley....The dude is a weight around this teams neck. If Curry or Jeffries gives us anything it is better than what we get from Tinsley
Give us wing help at the wing we current have no one backing up Granger & Rush and we have no money to go get anyone
With McRoberts & Hansbrough Foster is not needed
To balance the roster
& we don't take back any bad contracts that last longet than the ones we already have

Going into the the 10-11 season we would have Murphy, Dunleavy, TJ, Curry, Jeffries all expiring to try to get someone to pair with Granger and it sticks to our 3 year rebuilding plan.

MillerTime
07-05-2009, 09:17 PM
I wouldn't do that only because we have to give up Foster. Losing Tinsley is great but losing Foster hurts. Bird didn't trade Foster for Kleiza and a 1st, what makes you think Bird will lose Foster in this trade.

Secondly, Walsh isn't going to take Tinsley again

esabyrn333
07-05-2009, 09:33 PM
I wouldn't do that only because we have to give up Foster. Losing Tinsley is great but losing Foster hurts. Bird didn't trade Foster for Kleiza and a 1st, what makes you think Bird will lose Foster in this trade.

Secondly, Walsh isn't going to take Tinsley again

My biggest issue with Foster is I think he will take most of the minutes away from McRoberts & Hansbrough. To move Tinsley I know we will have to package him with someone and I think that most likely will be Foster or we just won't move him at all.

Foster for Kleiza & a 1st.
Were did you here this. Nuggets didn't even have a pick in this draft?

BTW it was just a thought. Just trying to be realistic with my Idea's

Instead of coming up with like Foster & Tinsley for say Chris Bosh

rexnom
07-07-2009, 10:35 AM
I'd consider this trade. At least you're getting warm bodies for Jamaal Tinsley.

jeffg-body
07-07-2009, 11:18 PM
If they would go for it why not. We send Tin Man off and get 2 players with a pulse.

billbradley
07-08-2009, 05:41 PM
My biggest issue with Foster is I think he will take most of the minutes away from McRoberts & Hansbrough. To move Tinsley I know we will have to package him with someone and I think that most likely will be Foster or we just won't move him at all.

Foster for Kleiza & a 1st.
Were did you here this. Nuggets didn't even have a pick in this draft?

BTW it was just a thought. Just trying to be realistic with my Idea's

Instead of coming up with like Foster & Tinsley for say Chris Bosh

jeffries and curry would take away more minutes from the twin towers than just foster

plus we end up paying about 6 million more after all the contracts are said and done, if we can get some picks and money i would do it

esabyrn333
07-08-2009, 06:36 PM
jeffries and curry would take away more minutes from the twin towers than just foster

plus we end up paying about 6 million more after all the contracts are said and done, if we can get some picks and money i would do it

I envision Curry Backing up Hibbert

Jeffries backing up Danny

& Hans and Mac backing up Murphy

But I see your point If Curry would pan out he would solidify our Center rotation...no Troy at Center and If Jeffries could play PF and if that happens I wouldn't be happy.

I want to go young really USE Tyler & Mac see how they do. Play Hibbert for as long as he stays out of foul trouble.

cinotimz
07-10-2009, 08:27 AM
Actually, Walsh would probably do this. Despite his feelings about Tinsley. But he probably likes Foster and Foster would work in their system way more than Curry. But the real reason he does it is it fits alot better with his capspace plan next season. Hes going to have a lot easier time getting rid of Foster than he will either Jeffries or Curry-but especially Curry. Curry is close to immovable.
But even if he doesnt move either one, this nets him 4million more in capspace next season.

Which is why the Pacers cant do this deal as it is. They add 2 million to their total salary this year, which they probably could find a way to work around. However, this deals them an additional 4 million to their payroll next season and theyre already in bad shape 2010-11. They would be absolutely forced to find a trade for Curry at the deadline in 2011 that didnt bring back nearly as much salary as Currys.

Not impossible, but almost.

CRASH
07-10-2009, 11:37 AM
To move Tinsley....The dude is a weight around this teams neck. If Curry or Jeffries gives us anything it is better than what we get from Tinsley
Give us wing help at the wing we current have no one backing up Granger & Rush and we have no money to go get anyone
With McRoberts & Hansbrough Foster is not needed
To balance the roster
& we don't take back any bad contracts that last longet than the ones we already have

Going into the the 10-11 season we would have Murphy, Dunleavy, TJ, Curry, Jeffries all expiring to try to get someone to pair with Granger and it sticks to our 3 year rebuilding plan.

I totally agree. Someone who is somewhat serviceable is better than no service at all.

Trophy
07-10-2009, 11:38 AM
Eddy Curry?

You must be kidding.

CRASH
07-10-2009, 11:39 AM
I dont like Curry either. But his stats from last year are better than the Tinman.