PDA

View Full Version : Would these trades work out?

Cobalt_Colt
07-04-2009, 07:32 AM
First off Jack would need to be resigned before I would even think about this.

TJ Ford for Marvin Williams of the Hawks (sign and trade)
This would give us a great young wing rotation and get rid of Ford which seems to be popular on this forum. It would give the hawks a decent PG which they seem to need.

next
a 4 team trade (very realistic I know :D) with NYK, Cle, and Den
Pacers send
Troy Murphy 11mil

Pacers Receive
Ty Lawson 1.9 mil (once he is signed)
Steven Hunter 3.7 mil
Jared Jeffries 6.5 mil

We get Lawson to learn behind JJ and some filler that will save a little bit of money over Murphy in the next few years. Plus it would force JOB to play Hans and McBob more at PF.

Cleveland sends
Zydrunas Ilgauskas 11.5 mil

Cleveland receives
Troy Murphy 11 mil

this makes sense to a lot of people...... I think so anyway.

New York sends
Chris Duhon 6 mil
Jared Jeffries 6.5 mil

New York receives
Zydrunas Ilgauskas 11.5 mil

they unload one of their hindering contracts in Jeffries and improve themselves talent wise as well.

Denver sends
Steven Hunter 3.7 mil
Ty Lawson 1.9 mil

Denver receives
Chris Duhon 6 mil

since Denver is a title contending team Duhon is a much better option than Lawson and is low risk since he is in the last year of his deal.

Maybe the Pacers don't get enough back in the trade, I was trying the make the trade make more sense for the other teams. But the deal would give us a potential starting PG and more financial flexibility.

Both deals would leave the roster like this
PG: Jack / Lawson
Wings: Granger / Rush / Williams
PF: Hansbrough / McRoberts
C: Hibbert / Foster

jeffg-body
07-04-2009, 10:19 AM
I am mixed on this one. I like the idea of getting these players back, but the lack of experience at the 4 spot would make me a bit nervous. We are in a serious rebuilding mode though and that would expand our young core a lot.

spreedom
07-04-2009, 12:52 PM
That works for me. Troy is obviously a very big loss, but Lawson is worth it if you ask me.

d_c
07-04-2009, 01:30 PM
That works for me. Troy is obviously a very big loss, but Lawson is worth it if you ask me.

The Pacers wouldn't exactly be falling off the face of the planet if they lost Troy. This trade is a no brainer for the Pacers.

speakout4
07-04-2009, 02:47 PM
NY now has no starting PG and a restricted backup in Robinson. NY isn't going to lose Duhon for a one year C.

Doddage
07-04-2009, 03:14 PM
I think the only thing that would be stopping this trade is if Denver is willing to trade away Lawson. It appears as though they're high on him considering they traded a first for him in the draft.