PDA

View Full Version : IND/SAC

Ozwalt72
07-02-2009, 03:48 PM
I don't think I've seen this particular scenario yet, but I was just thinking about how we could get some cap space and some wing depth by moving Ford.

http://realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=5164473

TJ Ford for Andres Nocioni

Pacers; Why? We need wing depth. We need it badly. Nocioni would be a solid player to back up Granger. Also, according to Shamsports.com it shows that Nocioni's contract is decending in value. 7.5 mil to 6.85mil to 6.650 followed by a team option in 2012/13. It would give the Pacers some room to breath the next two years. The third year of the contract is when we have Murphy, Dunleavy and Foster expiring, so it wouldn't be too bad.

Sacramento: Why? Udrih, Rodriguez, and Evans. It depends on whether they view Evans as a point, a combo, or a wing.

Granger-Rush09
07-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Fresh Idea that Actually make sense for both teams. Good Trade

Young
07-03-2009, 12:51 AM
I don't think it makes a lot of sense for either team.

They might consider it once the Jarrett Jack situation is figured out. If he is re-signed then maybe I can see it happening but even then the Pacers already have enough wing players. One more is needed yes but I think they can sign a pretty decent one for cheap. Once Dunleavy comes back there would be few minutes for Nocioni.

I don't think the Kings go for this. They have a lot of money tied into Beno and I think they drafted Evans with the intent to play him as a point guard.

sloopjohnb
07-07-2009, 01:38 PM
They might consider it once the Jarrett Jack situation is figured out. If he is re-signed then maybe I can see it happening but even then the Pacers already have enough wing players. One more is needed yes but I think they can sign a pretty decent one for cheap. Once Dunleavy comes back there would be few minutes for Nocioni..

The Pacers already have enough wing players? They have two healthy wing players under contract for next season. And there's no guarantee that Dunleavy will come back this year, only projections. On top of that, even if he returns, I believe it will take him the duration of the season to get his playing legs, game, etc. back.

I do agree with you that this move only works once we know what's going on with Jack.

jeffg-body
07-07-2009, 11:16 PM
Descent trade for both teams I think.

spreedom
07-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Descent trade for both teams I think.

:suicide3:

speakout4
07-09-2009, 10:26 PM
:suicide3:
Well said.