PDA

View Full Version : K-Mart to sign today!

purdue101
07-08-2004, 01:22 PM
he just cancelled his visit with the jazz about an hour ago. look for him to sign with denver or nj today.

Shade
07-08-2004, 01:26 PM
Damn, the Nuggets and Suns are getting pretty scary right now. :arrgh:

DisplacedKnick
07-08-2004, 01:38 PM
I'm not sure how big a gain that is for Denver when they have Hilario and Camby there already. Some.

Of course NJ has the right to match.

Suaveness
07-08-2004, 01:41 PM
Nuggets sound like they are going to be much better.

SkipperZ
07-08-2004, 01:43 PM
I'm not sure how big a gain that is for Denver when they have Hilario and Camby there already. Some.

i think it would be a huge gain... kmart is light years ahead of nene in terms of development. Nene will be a good player, and already is at some things, but he's the type of player you can't trust in the 4th quarter. Kmart is proven, and playing alongside camby woudl drasitically improve denver defensively.

RWB
07-08-2004, 01:44 PM
If K-Mart goes west I'll be a happy camper. :dance:

DisplacedKnick
07-08-2004, 01:51 PM

i think it would be a huge gain... kmart is light years ahead of nene in terms of development. Nene will be a good player, and already is at some things, but he's the type of player you can't trust in the 4th quarter. Kmart is proven, and playing alongside camby woudl drasitically improve denver defensively.

I was actually more thinking of Camby & K-Mart. If Camby stays healthy he already does a lot of the things K-Mart does - defend, provide tons of energy, board.

K-Mart's better, esp at position defending and scoring but their games are pretty similar. I kind of wonder how much of a boost that is.

Nene was not as good last year (at least by the #'s - I hardly ever saw him) as I expected.

BigMac
07-08-2004, 01:52 PM
If K-Mart goes west I'll be a happy camper. :dance:

While I second your sentiments, players cannot sign until the 15th so I'm not putting a lot of faith in any report that has him going to Denver. Most likely he has agreed to stick with NJ.

Kegboy
07-08-2004, 02:25 PM
I don't have a ton of respect for KMart, too many holes in his game. Still, if he leaves, NJ is in big trouble. Should have traded him when they had the chance.
---
I like shooting guards that can shoot.
:duel:

Arcadian
07-08-2004, 02:38 PM
I can't see K-mart wanting to play at Denver with their depth. While I would rate him higher than anyone on Denver's roster, he still would be redundant.

Shade
07-08-2004, 10:53 PM
Any update on this? :confused:

Arcadian
07-08-2004, 11:01 PM
Maybe he cancelled because he got wind that Boozer was going to get the offer.

Young
07-08-2004, 11:04 PM
Denver is dumb to do this.

Nene will be a better player than KMart in the long run. So why waste your cap space on KMart?

They don't need a PF. They need to keep their nucleus there for the most part, maybe add a veteran, but there big concern should be a shooting guard.

They lost out on Manu and QRich but there should still be others to get.

Shade
07-08-2004, 11:07 PM
Denver is dumb to do this.

Nene will be a better player than KMart in the long run. So why waste your cap space on KMart?

They don't need a PF. They need to keep their nucleus there for the most part, maybe add a veteran, but there big concern should be a shooting guard.

They lost out on Manu and QRich but there should still be others to get.

Like...

Stephen Jackson? :(

Kegboy
07-08-2004, 11:09 PM
I got the impression somewhere that Denver expects him to re-sign with NJ.

Alot of people are gonna start riding Denver's case, especially after losing Manu, but I think they're smart to ride it out and not wildly overspend like Phoenix and Utah.
---

Shade
07-08-2004, 11:12 PM
Maybe he cancelled because he got wind that Boozer was going to get the offer.

K-Mart didn't cancel...Utah did. ;)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1836318

Earlier Thursday, ESPN Insider Chad Ford reported that the Jazz had canceled a planned visit by the Nets' Kenyon Martin because they were preparing to make Boozer the offer to which he has now agreed.

"We just decided in was in both of our interest to go in a different direction," O'Connor told Ford about the Martin cancellation.

Hicks
07-08-2004, 11:14 PM
S. Jackson would likely come here rather than there, Shade. Only way I don't think that is if they offer him a lot more than the MLE.

Otherwise, he can come here to a contender where his mentor is (M. Brown).

Young
07-08-2004, 11:17 PM
Adding to what Hicks said Jackson never mentioned Denver as a choice.

He said:

- Indiana
- San Antonio
- Atlanta
- Portland

I wouldn't say he would not sign with Denver if these above 4 teams passed on him but we know that will not happen. Jackson should not get past us.:)

Kegboy
07-08-2004, 11:24 PM
I don't know guys. Denver's got a lot of money left, and if they start to panic... :shudder:
---

Young
07-08-2004, 11:31 PM
I don't know guys. Denver's got a lot of money left, and if they start to panic... :shudder:
---

They still have money left?

They signed Camby to 10 million and if KMart signs thats another 10 or maybe more.

Young
07-08-2004, 11:32 PM
Double post.
Double post.

wintermute
07-09-2004, 06:36 AM

the thing is, denver doesn't panic. they sat on their cap space all of last year when their primary targets fizzled out. and they're not out there wildly spending money like other teams.

i doubt they'll want s. jackson if he gets more than the mle, and i don't think we should either.

NugzFan
07-10-2004, 03:18 PM
we arent going after jackson - hes all yours. :)

and kiki just will not offer kmart the max. he feels hes not worth it. time will tell if hes right or not.

Kstat
07-10-2004, 04:31 PM
Neither Utah nor Denver have room for KMart anymore. They're both set at the PF/Center positions. I think KMart will sign with atlanta for the max.