PDA

View Full Version : Boozer might leave the Cavs, Paxson in big trouble

Unclebuck
07-08-2004, 12:33 PM
I have read this for two days straight.

As we all know the Cavs did not pick up the option year on Carlos Boozer, I guess the Cavs had a verbal agreement with Boozer and his agent, that Boozer would re-sign with the Cavs for the full MLE.

But with all the crazy contracts being offered, and with Boozer worth more than any of the other players, it is likely a team will offer Boozer more than the MLE.

The Cavs cannot pay more than MLE, because he was a second round draft pick, they don't have his full Bird rights.

All Paxson needed to do was to pick up the option on Boozer, and then next summer they would have had his full Bird rights and could have matched any offer a team might make.

Paxson must be down on his hands and knees praying that Boozer and agent stick to their word.

Very interesting situation.

Lord Helmet
07-08-2004, 12:42 PM
Paxson now=:banghead: If Boozer leaves. Paxson= :suicide:

SpADeD
07-08-2004, 12:50 PM
That's pretty funny. Has this situation ever happened before?

Snickers
07-08-2004, 01:05 PM
That's pretty funny. Has this situation ever happened before?

Where a team intentionally didn't pick up an option on a good player who is not only a key member of that team, but wouldbe heavily pursued by other teams? Not that I'm aware of. Maybe they'll give us Boozer and Lebron for Tinsely and Pollard. Oh wait, Tinsely is too good for that.

Yep. We don't need another HS project like James anyway.

Ragnar
07-08-2004, 01:17 PM
Heck I would trade Tinsley and Reggie for Lebron and Boozer. And I think I am Tinsleys biggest fan in here.

SkipperZ
07-08-2004, 01:20 PM
Heck I would trade Tinsley and Reggie for Lebron and Boozer. And I think I am Tinsleys biggest fan in here.

ha i dont think neone wouldnt make that trade...

im up there on the tinsley support but i would trade jermaine and tinsley for lebron and boozer... id throw in some players with that deal.

SkipperZ
07-08-2004, 01:21 PM
giving it a second thought i would trade jermaine harrington and tinsley for booz and lebron

SkipperZ
07-08-2004, 01:22 PM

from a purely "good for the team" standpoint...

im up there on the tinsley support but i would trade jermaine and tinsley for lebron and boozer... id throw in some players with that deal.

PacerMan
07-08-2004, 10:15 PM

from a purely "good for the team" standpoint...

I wouldn't :o

wintermute
07-09-2004, 06:28 AM
aren't verbal agreements illegal? or at least not binding. by not exercising boozer's option, cavs don't retain any right on him.

this situation seems to have come about because cavs want to save money long term by putting up some money this year instead of a large long term deal next year. can you really fault boozer with all the crazy money flying around?

it's easy to fault boozer since we like to hold athletes to a high standard of morality, but the situation is entirely the cavs organization's making. they ought to have considered the risks better beforehand.