Out: Troy Murphy
In: Tyson Chandler

New Orleans
Out: Tyson Chandler
In: Z. Ilgauskas

Cleveland
Out: Z. Ilgauskas
In: Troy Murphy

The salaries should check out according to the trade machine.

Why do it?
Pacers: Getting a tough minded defensive PF/C in Chandler
NO: Ilgauskas would have to pick up his option for this, and he would be an expiring going in to next season.
Cleveland: I believe that a front court of Lebron, Murphy, and Shaq would be a near perfect fit. A perimeter oriented PF wouldn't get in Shaq's way and would be a great feed for Lebron.

I could see something thrown in from either the pacers or cleveland to make this a more attractive offer for NO. Maybe a 2nd rounder, maybe one from each.

jeffg-body
06-26-2009, 12:22 AM
I like this trade for all. Cleveland gets the perfect complimentary 4 to play next to Shaq and we get younger and more athletic.

adg59
06-26-2009, 01:28 AM
idk if this would work... Tyson is alot better than Troy Murphy & Big Zeke... the only team that gets better is the Pacers imo... The Cavs next & then NO is just outta luck... would be nice for the PACERS tho...

OakMoses
06-26-2009, 08:49 AM
This is a pretty good trade. I wish it would happen.

Cleveland gets the shooting PF that everyone seems to think they need.

New Orleans, who tried to trade Chandler for salary relief at the deadline, gets a huge expiring contract and saves about $1 million for next season.

Indy gets Tyson Chandler, whom we tried to get at the deadline last year.

PacersRule
06-26-2009, 11:44 AM
I think it'a pretty good trade for us and Cavs. Chandler can provide good interior D for us and Cavs would just be a beast with Troy and Shaq. I don't think, however, that big Z would be good for Chris Paul, so they may want more.

Ozwalt72
06-26-2009, 03:17 PM
I think it'a pretty good trade for us and Cavs. Chandler can provide good interior D for us and Cavs would just be a beast with Troy and Shaq. I don't think, however, that big Z would be good for Chris Paul, so they may want more.

That's the only part of this trade that has me staying out of the "Make it happen!" mindset. NO would be cutting some money, and while they would like that, wouldn't be okay with just losing chandler for a player that probably wouldn't mesh well with West's play style at PF.

The only thing to perhaps remedy their situation would be for us to trade NO Foster for Posey or Peterson.

Or what COULD work, (Not sure salary wise, but the numbers are close) is in the first trade toss in West/Gibson with Foster and Posey or Peterson With West/Gibson coming to us and Posey or Peterson going to Cle.

I wouldn't mind West but I don't want Gibson. It could give us flexibility around what we choose in a trade with ford or resigning jack.

wintermute
06-30-2009, 08:16 AM
nice trade.

would depend on what other offers the hornets get for chandler, i suppose. there's a rumor that the suns may be willing to trade ben wallace's contract for chandler. big ben supposedly wants to retire hence the financial savings for hornets will potentially be greater. i think the hornets' main motivation is to save money, so they won't care much either way what kind of player goes back to them.