PDA

View Full Version : Murphy for Z / Hickson!

Anthem
06-25-2009, 10:43 AM
Makes all kinds of sense. Murphy would be the perfect 4 next to Shaq... rebounds, stretches the floor, perfect.

Z is an ideal mentor for Roy, and gives us a real Center rotation. Plus he's off the books after this season.

Hickson is a young prospect at PF. I don't know if he fits the Rush/Granger/Hibs core, but he fits it better than Murphy!

What's not to like?

rexnom
06-25-2009, 11:03 AM
Murphy's contract goes past 2010 - I don't think the Cavs will be into that.

Doug
07-11-2009, 05:05 PM
Murphy's contract goes past 2010 - I don't think the Cavs will be into that.

I don't normally post in the trade forum, but I was thinking about something like this.

Murphy is a great fit next to Shaq. And with LeBron driving and dishing for that matter.

Cleveland wants to win THIS year. I don't think the length of Murphy's contract would scare them. We might want somebody else with an expiring contract back instead of Hickson.

However, the Pacers might be looking forward to the year Murphy is an expiring contract. IF we are 'one piece away' at that point, his expiring contract could be an asset in a trade for it.

jeffg-body
07-11-2009, 06:35 PM
I think it is a good deal for both teams. We get out from under one of our albatross contracts and get a good player/prospect. Cavs get a good complimentary player that can make Shaq and Lebron much more dangerous by spreading the floor.

Kraut N Beer
07-12-2009, 01:22 AM
If Cleveland was willing to take on Wally Szczerbiak's horrid contract, I think that they would love to have Murphy. Troy would be great as a 6th/7th man for the Cavs, or he could start and they could bring Sideshow Bob off the bench for his energy. They need to entice LeBron to stay around after next year.

cinotimz
07-12-2009, 02:27 AM
I dont think they will give up Hickson in this deal, but given the financial relief that would happen here I think you would have to strongly consider doing this with just Murphy for Z.

That said, I have my doubts Cleveland will go that way-especially after just giving Varejao a whole bunch of money. Thats alot of cash spread between Varejao and Murphy.

ESutt7
07-12-2009, 04:36 PM
From what I've read, Cleveland is pretty high on Hickson, so I would imagine that'd be a deal breaker for them.

billbradley
07-12-2009, 05:39 PM
the only thing i don't like is how good the cavs would be