PDA

View Full Version : Magic sign Turkoglu to offer sheet, 6 yrs. 39 million

Slick Pinkham
07-07-2004, 03:21 PM
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap.php#1089227736

Hedo Turkoglu signs offer sheet with Magic
Added: 7th July, 2004 3:15 PM ET
RealGM exclusive: by Jonathan Givony: 3:14 PM

Reliable sources have confirmed today that Hedo Turkoglu has signed an offer sheet with the Orlando Magic. Turkoglu is a restricted free agent whose rights are owned by the San Antonio Spurs and they will have until July 29th to match. The offer is believed to be for Orlando's full mid-level exception for the available maximum 6 years, in the area of 39 million dollars.

man, the dollars keep rolling in for free agent non-starters

Suaveness
07-07-2004, 03:22 PM
wow

Slick Pinkham
07-07-2004, 03:27 PM
will/should San Antonio match?

I guess it depends (maybe) upon whether they think they can woo Kobe.

Or maybe like the Pacers (with a Center who should not be named) they decide it's just not wise to sink in that much $$$ for that many years.

Hicks
07-07-2004, 03:30 PM
Plus San Antonio has Ginobili to pay. I think they'll let him go. Maybe.

Dukins
07-07-2004, 03:37 PM
This doesnt bode well for the Pacers. All these reserves getting big money. There is no way we will be able to afford a starter like Stephen Jackson or Q-rich. This is outrageous.:banghead:

MSA2CF
07-07-2004, 04:04 PM
Just think of it this way, you guys. If all these losers are being payed big bucks now, in the future, when other bigger-name guys' contracts end, we'll be the one of the few teams who CAN afford them. What comes around goes around. :cool:

It's not likely to happen though, but it's possible.

Hedo is a good guy, but not that good. I guess the Magic are trying to solidify parts of their team for years, so the fans know who's going to be there & who they're going to build around.

Slick Pinkham
07-07-2004, 04:23 PM
lots of people seem to be after a Croshere of their own.

Maybe DW/LB can send someone the real thing.

bulletproof
07-07-2004, 04:28 PM
Heh, it looks like Donnie was a trendsetter of sorts with Cro.

3Ball
07-07-2004, 04:42 PM
There's no way in hell the Spurs will match. One good thing for the Pacers, though. The Spurs are now on the look out for a forward. Could make a Ginobili sign and trade more likely...

Grant
07-07-2004, 04:50 PM
Well its just the MLE. $5 mil per year with 10% raises.

Grant
07-07-2004, 04:51 PM
Of course I would hope that we could get more than a Turkoglu for our MLE. :rolleyes:

Dukins
07-07-2004, 04:57 PM
STEPHEN JACKSON STEPHEN JACKSON STEPHEN JACKSON

themachotaco
07-07-2004, 05:16 PM
This doesnt bode well for the Pacers. All these reserves getting big money. There is no way we will be able to afford a starter like Stephen Jackson or Q-rich. This is outrageous.:banghead:

Look at it this way... for every team that overspends its MLE on a reserve is one less team able to offer money to the FAs that we are targeting with our MLE!

SkipperZ
07-07-2004, 05:19 PM
to be fair turkoglu started last year for the spurs

TheSauceMaster
07-07-2004, 06:24 PM

Sad but True, it's a disturbing trend , samething happened this past year in the offseason for football , players are getting more and more about the money $$$

Pretty soon the Average person will be forced to sit at home and watch the NBA because tickets will be just too expensive.

SoupIsGood
07-07-2004, 06:42 PM
I'm starting to think I could be a better GM than some of these doofuses.

Mourning
07-07-2004, 06:57 PM

Look at it this way... for every team that overspends its MLE on a reserve is one less team able to offer money to the FAs that we are targeting with our MLE!

Exactly my thoughts too! Let these GMs spend their whole budgets on these (mostly) reserve players. It leaves less competition and more open room for us to manoevre in.

Regards,

Mourning:cool:

Fool
07-08-2004, 11:39 AM
I would assume (like Alston) that they plan for Turkoglu to start and 6 mill for a starting forward isn't bad (though I am not a big believer in Turkoglu) but they have G.Hill slotted for that spot.

I guess they either don't mind paying a lot for a backup who may have to start or they don't believe Hill will make it back from his 4 year injury.

All in all its not a bad move for a team in a potentially sticky situation. If Hill comes back you have a pricey but good backup and if Hill doesn't come back they have a legit starter. Plus Hedo can play backup guard so he can still be pretty helpful if Hill does make it back into sneakers.