Murphy
2010 First Rounder Protected top 15

Celtics Send:
Rondo
Allen

Keeping mind that Allen is an $18 million expirer next in summer of 2010

d_c
06-24-2009, 01:39 AM
The stuff that Ainge has been asking in return for Rondo is a lot better than that.

MillerTime
06-24-2009, 01:43 AM
The stuff that Ainge has been asking in return for Rondo is a lot better than that.

Hes been asking for too much, thats why its been getting rejected.

Like c'mon, asking for Price, RIP and Stuckey is just stupid.

d_c
06-24-2009, 01:52 AM
For Ainge, this offer would be the other kind of stupid.

What Ainge's reported offers show is that he's willing to move Rondo while his stock is high. But he's looking to score on something big. Strike while the iron is hot (Rondo's stock after a huge playoff performance). He's not looking to just move Rondo for the sake of moving him.

jeffg-body
06-24-2009, 01:58 AM
I don't see the Celts doing this one at all. I do like it though from the P's perspective.

Ryan
06-24-2009, 02:43 PM
who plays SG for Boston in this scenario? Eddie House? Tony Allen?

Bad deal for the C's.

Doddage
06-24-2009, 09:44 PM
I wouldn't give up that much for Rondo when we have time to find a PG, either in the draft or a later trade, and wouldn't have to lose so many assets in doing so. And we could find that whatever PG we get down the line to be a better fit with us than Rondo.

ESutt7
06-25-2009, 02:16 PM
Man, Rondo would solve a lot of areas of need. But if his attitude is THAT bad that they're looking to trade him after winning a ring with him and after his performance last year? Yikes. I'd love to think that we could rein him in, but if KG, Allen, and Pierce can't then I really doubt DG can. Though maybe a trade would be some kind of a wake up call. I'd be excited if we got him, but apprehensive about his attitude and whether we would put ourselves in a situation that hurts us by giving him a long term deal.

If we could work a 3 way where we move Murphy, TJ, the 13 or something like that and get Rondo, Bird would have to look at it.

Il Ragionier Ugo Fantozzi
06-25-2009, 04:51 PM
All Star Break Trade

Pacers Send:
Foster

Celtics Send:
Scalabrine
Tony Allen

MillerTime
06-29-2009, 05:00 PM
All Star Break Trade

Pacers Send: