PDA

View Full Version : Freddie Jones - year in review

Unclebuck
07-07-2004, 10:52 AM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/fjones_page_0304.html

2003-04 in Review:
Fred Jones
Height: 6-2 Weight: 218 Age: 25 (3/11/79)

Regular Season: The 2004 Sprite Rising Stars Slam Dunk Champion, he de-throned the two-time defending champion, Jason Richardson of the Warriors, during All-Star Saturday ... In the finals of that competition, he amassed 86 points to Richardson's 78 points. ...

In just the third game of the season and his first start, scored 15 points at Atlanta, 11/1 ... Made his second start in the season finale vs. the Bulls, 4/14, and scored 12 points with four assists, three rebounds and a career-high two blocked shots ... Led the Indiana bench with a career-high 18 points vs. Atlanta, 12/12 ...

After playing a total of 115 minutes in 19 appearances in 2002-03, played in all but one game and averaged 18.6 minutes a game this season ... In first 44 games, shot 51-161 FGs (.317), but from that point on, shot 72-150 FGs (.480) ... Hit 33 of last 36 FTs (.917) on the season ... Against the Hornets, 1/3, made a career-high eight free throws, shooting 8-8 from the stripe. ... Dealt a career-high six assists twice, vs. Orlando, 12/17, and Golden State, 2/24 ... Following the All-Star break, had an assists-to-turnover ratio of 2.92-to-1, dealing 76 assists and registering 26 turnovers in 29 games

Playoffs: Played all six games in the conference finals, averaging 13.7 minutes, 2.8 points and 1.7 rebounds ... Scored 13 points in the Pacers' 83-65 victory in Game 5 ...

Averaged 19.5 minutes in four games against Miami in the second round, missing the final two games with a left shoulder injury .. In the first round, scored 12 of his playoff career-high 17 points in the fourth quarter of Game 2 .... Shot a team-high 55.6 percent from 3-pt range for the series, including 5-7 in the first three games ... Overall from the floor, shot 56.0 percent (14-25) in the series ...

In his first playoff appearance, had nine points, four rebounds, two assists and a block in Game 1 against Boston ... Tied his regular-season career high with six rebounds in Game 3

Plus-Minus: Ranked 10th during the regular season at +0.3 per game, but improved to sixth during the playoffs at +2.9 per game

Contract Status: Signed through 2004-05 ... The team has an option for the 2005-06 season

Analysis: An unknown quantity when the season began, developed into a valuable reserve and improved throughout the season. Struggled mightily with jump shot and decision-making in the early stages of the season but as confidence grew those problems lessened. A strong and willing defender who has the combination of quickness and strength to guard either backcourt spot. Still just scratching the surface of his potential, but established himself as a solid player in his first opportunity at a spot in the rotation.

Suaveness
07-07-2004, 11:25 AM
IN ORDER TO MAINTAIN THE FOCUS OF THIS THREAD, I HAVE REMOVED THE FIRST TWO SENTENCES. YEESH.

He raised his level of his game as the year progressed, and in the playoffs played well.

Snickers
07-07-2004, 11:31 AM
Freddie Jones was a pimp this year. No other way to put it....

.... do you have his number? :blush:

Suaveness
07-07-2004, 11:34 AM
:wtf:

:spitout:

:puke:

:unimpressed:

Snickers
07-07-2004, 12:24 PM

"Pimp" still means somebody who sells hookers, right? .... so do you have his number? :blush:

Gyron
07-07-2004, 01:53 PM
I believe freddie has a very bright future in the NBA if he can continue to make the advances in his skills that he did this year.

It will be very interesting to see what he looks like when he comes back this year to training camp.

Lets hope he continues to work on his skills and stregnth this summer. He has no where to go but up if he does.

PacerMan
07-07-2004, 01:54 PM
Freddie Jones was a pimp this year. No other way to put it. He raised his level of his game as the year progressed, and in the playoffs played well.

Wow, yoh, street bro. :rolleyes:

Ragnar
07-07-2004, 01:56 PM
You know it may simply be that Freddie just needs to get more minutes. Maybe he needs to be the first guy off the bench this year. Maybe he is the answer and al we need is an upgrade at center.

Snickers
07-07-2004, 02:03 PM
Freddie definitely should get more minutes. His confidence seemed to soar with an increased role late last season, and I think an even larger role will only help.

On a side note, my banana is frozen. :cry: :dance:

Kegboy
07-07-2004, 02:06 PM

"Pimp" still means somebody who sells hookers, right? .... so do you have his number? :blush:

I think "rent" would be a better term.

:pimp:

Btw, :pepper: never freezes. :tongue:
---
I like shooting guards that can shoot.
:duel:

Suaveness
07-07-2004, 03:23 PM
You know it may simply be that Freddie just needs to get more minutes. Maybe he needs to be the first guy off the bench this year. Maybe he is the answer and al we need is an upgrade at center.

I think he is. He didn't really get that many minutes, and as the year went along, he got more minutes and produced more.

SoupIsGood
07-07-2004, 06:59 PM
The Janitor is the answer at SG :dance:

Hicks
07-07-2004, 07:18 PM
Who's called the Janitor?

SoupIsGood
07-07-2004, 07:23 PM
Brian Cardinal, I believe. At least I do. And I'm God, so there.

Snickers
07-07-2004, 07:30 PM
Good enough for me.

:worship:

RA231
07-08-2004, 12:21 AM

I think he is. He didn't really get that many minutes, and as the year went along, he got more minutes and produced more.

I think he is to. Trade Al for an upgrade at center and give Freddie the majority of the minutes at SG. I really like this guy and the way he plays and hope he gets a lot more minutes next year.

Peck
07-08-2004, 01:38 AM
Barring a major trade to bring in a new two guard I am firmly ready to commit to Fred Jones being the starting two guard next season.

I like Fred. He defendse the perimater second only to Artest & if for some reason he is not here this year then Fred becomes perimater defender # 1.

I think Fred could easily give you the 10 ppg (actually I think he could give you 14-16ppg) that Reggie gave you last season & the defense he would play would be out of this world. Plus his ability to drive & draw defenders is a real plus as well.

His outside shot came along as the season progressed.

In fact, I wouldn't be to offended if the team just came back with Fred at the two & everybody else intact.

I'd like something else, but since T-Mac is gone I don't know who would be worth getting.

MagicRat
07-08-2004, 02:04 AM
IN ORDER TO MAINTAIN THE FOCUS OF THIS THREAD, I HAVE REMOVED THE FIRST TWO SENTENCES. YEESH.

Well then what am I supposed to do with this?....

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/fjp.jpg

Suaveness
07-08-2004, 08:24 AM
:rotflmao:

MR, i have to put that in my avatar. Damn that is funny.

RA231
07-08-2004, 05:15 PM
Barring a major trade to bring in a new two guard I am firmly ready to commit to Fred Jones being the starting two guard next season.

I like Fred. He defendse the perimater second only to Artest & if for some reason he is not here this year then Fred becomes perimater defender # 1.

I think Fred could easily give you the 10 ppg (actually I think he could give you 14-16ppg) that Reggie gave you last season & the defense he would play would be out of this world. Plus his ability to drive & draw defenders is a real plus as well.

In fact, I wouldn't be to offended if the team just came back with Fred at the two & everybody else intact.

I'd like something else, but since T-Mac is gone I don't know who would be worth getting.

I agree

Unclebuck
07-08-2004, 05:29 PM

Surprised to read your post Peck. I always thought you were lukewarm about Freddie. I agree with you

Suaveness
07-08-2004, 07:05 PM

Works for me.

PacerMan
07-08-2004, 10:07 PM
NOW you guys get it??? :idea: :o:D

Unclebuck
07-08-2004, 10:21 PM
Suaveness, why did you just double post and why are you posting under two names. "Freddies the man" has to be you.

Kegboy
07-08-2004, 10:56 PM
Suaveness, why did you just double post and why are you posting under two names. "Freddies the man" has to be you.

Don't know, I think Suaveness knows enough to have a working avatar. :unimpressed:

---

Suaveness
07-08-2004, 11:29 PM

Lol...Freddie IS the man...but unfortunetly, it isn't my secret alias...

But on a fantastic note:

Come one! Come all! Be a Fred Jones Bandwagon Member!! Every new member gets a banana dance!! :bananadance:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/sg/hicks/jonesbandwagon.jpg

Just add it to your sig!!

:devil:

Kegboy
07-08-2004, 11:34 PM
Suave, weren't you on the JJ gravy train. You switching colors, or something?

If you really wanna be controversial, you need to start a Bender Bandwagon. Damn, this place would get mighty bloody.
---

Suaveness
07-08-2004, 11:41 PM
Keg, JJ is nice and all. and definitely better than that condiment. But Fred Jones kicks everyone's a**es.

And I will NEVER start a Bender Bandwagon. Maybe a Bender GO TO HELL Bandwagon.

Kegboy
07-08-2004, 11:47 PM
Keg, JJ is nice and all. and definitely better than that condiment. But Fred Jones kicks everyone's a**es.

Hey, stop right there!!

Peanut Butter is a spread or relish, it is NOT a condiment! :pissed:
---

RA231
07-08-2004, 11:48 PM
Suaveness, I dont know how to add it to my sig, but I will just tell me how.

Suaveness
07-08-2004, 11:50 PM

Hey, stop right there!!

Peanut Butter is a spread or relish, it is NOT a condiment! :pissed:
---

The only problem is, I don't think many people relish it :laugh: Espcially the Pacers... :laugh:

condiment, spread, whatever. PB still isn't any good.

Suaveness
07-08-2004, 11:52 PM
Suaveness, I dont know how to add it to my sig, but I will just tell me how.

Go to your sig area in the user area.

in the box type "img" with [ ] around it

then paste this address

http://www.pacersdigest.com/sg/hicks/jonesbandwagon.jpg

then put [/img]

and you are good to go!!

And btw, once the uploading starts to work again, the address will be different.

:devil:

RA231
07-08-2004, 11:59 PM
Ok, I dont think it worked

Suaveness
07-09-2004, 12:01 AM
well...you put that in your box, and type add sig. and put a name for that sig.

then, select that name from the dropdown box below it.

then click save.

RA231
07-09-2004, 12:09 AM
Ok this is what I did the first time, I typed in [img]http://www.pacersdigest.com/sg/hicks/jonesbandwagon.jpg in the sig name box, but I didnt put anything below it. I know I'm supposed to put something there, but I'm just not getting it.

Suaveness
07-09-2004, 12:13 AM
You don't type that in the sig name box, you type it in the big box below the name box. You just make up a name like "freddy sig" or something for the name box.

After you type that, you also need to put [/img] to close the image.

Then you click "Add sig"

Then you select the "freddy sig" name from the drop down box BELOW the BIG box where you pasted the image. then click "save."

RA231
07-09-2004, 12:25 AM
Ok, I dont know whats going on its not working. This is what I did, I typed in the big boxhttp://www.pacersdigest.com/sg/hicks/jonesbandwagon.jpg, I typed in Fred Jones Sig in the little box, saved it, and then went to default SIG and went down to Fred Jones Sig and then saved it again. Did I do someting wrong?

RA231
07-09-2004, 12:25 AM
Never mind, guess I just had to post agian.

Hicks
07-09-2004, 12:26 AM
Looks like it worked.

Suaveness
07-09-2004, 12:26 AM
Nope...because its showing :devil:

RA231
07-09-2004, 12:31 AM
Test

Suaveness
07-09-2004, 12:33 AM
You can't use :punch:

Go to the emoticon, right click and go to properties. then copy the URL that is there, and use that as the image thing like you did before.

in fact, it is

http://www.pacersdigest.com/images/smilies/punch.gif

RA231
07-09-2004, 12:34 AM
Question, Ive seen the all the simlie faces that you can post, but can you attach them to your sig? If so how?

Suaveness
07-09-2004, 12:36 AM
Read above.

RA231
07-09-2004, 12:37 AM
thanks

Peck

Surprised to read your post Peck. I always thought you were lukewarm about Freddie. I agree with you

Oh not at all. I like Fred, I like him a lot.

Actually he is probably one of my favorite players on the team right now.

Now ask me if I would have rather had T-mac & I'll tell you hell yes.

But to me if the choice is Brent Barry or S. Jackson or Flip Murray or somebody like that then I'll just say let's give it a try with Freddie.

RA231
test

Suaveness
07-09-2004, 12:38 AM
Good for you Peck!

Join the Fred Jones bandwagon! :devil:

Otherwise this might happen:

:borg:

RA231
07-09-2004, 12:49 AM

Oh not at all. I like Fred, I like him a lot.

Actually he is probably one of my favorite players on the team right now.

Now ask me if I would have rather had T-mac & I'll tell you hell yes.

But to me if the choice is Brent Barry or S. Jackson or Flip Murray or somebody like that then I'll just say let's give it a try with Freddie.

Agreed

RA231
07-09-2004, 01:26 AM
I joined Freddies bandwagon, wheres my banana dance?:mad:

RA231
07-09-2004, 01:30 AM
Suaveness, on my avatar I edited it in paint and it wont show, whats wrong with it?

Suaveness
07-09-2004, 01:36 AM
I joined Freddies bandwagon, wheres my banana dance?:mad:

:bananadance:

:flirt:

LuckyMcPhearson
07-09-2004, 02:42 AM
:mango:

RA231
07-09-2004, 02:53 AM
:mango::dance::pepper::carrot::cucumber::apple::pi neapple:

RA231