PDA

View Full Version : Anyone like Derek Fisher?

Young
07-07-2004, 02:58 AM
Don't know that it has been asked but what do you guys think of him?

As much as I like Brewer i'll take Fisher.

Fisher has won championships, so + expierence and is a good shooter. Makes a good backup but he can start/step up unlike Anthony Johnson. [Nothing against AJ though.]

If we can sign Jackson and Fisher this would be better than any star we could get.

Natston
07-07-2004, 03:07 AM
I know so many people on this board are anti-Fisher, but I'd like to see us go after him. I think he'd be the perfect backup for Tins and would provide some great shooting as well as clutch play. I think ee would probally thrive the most if he was on the floor with Jones, Bender, and O'Neal.

Anthem
07-07-2004, 03:51 AM
Would he play backup to Tinsley?

MSA2CF
07-07-2004, 10:01 AM
He played backup to GP...

And who knows, he could play his way onto the starting lineup if he plays well enough.

I would welcome Derek to the team. :thumbsup:

ChicagoJ
07-07-2004, 10:11 AM
Jay's_Dad@Section222 thinks Fisher should be the Pacers' top priority, for exactly the reasons rommie and ns mentioned above.

Its been so long since we've seen Fisher apart from the Triangle that I don't remember whether he's a good 'true PG' or not. Regardless, I think he'd be a very good combo guard for the Pacers, a la Brent Barry. And we did pretty good the last time we signed a guard from the Lakers with championship experience. :)

Unclebuck
07-07-2004, 10:25 AM
I like Fisher, he provides great intangibles.

But just a word of caution. Beware of role players who have been on championship teams. Remember when the Bulls broke up and their former role players tried to contribute but generally stunk. Also look at the former Jazz players who looked good in that system and next to Stockton and Malone, but when they were on their own other places, they failed miserably

Snickers
07-07-2004, 10:42 AM
Tinsley>Fisher>Johnson>Brewer

I like him, but I agree with Unclebuck. I've got a hunch he won't be quite as good without Shaq and Kobe around. And it'd probably take a sign and trade to get those two.

LAPacer
07-07-2004, 10:57 AM
Please no Fisher... He is a flopping machine. He can't create his own shot, and is not a playmaker. He is only good for hitting clutch open shots. And we already Reggie.

Hicks
07-07-2004, 12:12 PM
For a backup PG, sure why not.